New Devil May Cry will teach casuals the "magic" of pro gaming

#31testament067Posted 1/4/2013 12:50:09 PM
LordKaizer posted...
testament067 posted...
Easy to get into, hard to master....

I don't see what the big issue is

the problem is the old games were easy to get into but hard to master. but this game is catering to people who want to do all these mad combos but lazy to practice to get the satisfaction of achieving those combos (kinda like most of games these days)

Why do you care how much someone else enjoys the game?

I'm sure pros will still do crazy stuff that the "casuals" won't care to master
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#32LordKaizerPosted 1/4/2013 1:12:56 PM
testament067 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
testament067 posted...

the problem is the old games were easy to get into but hard to master. but this game is catering to people who want to do all these mad combos but lazy to practice to get the satisfaction of achieving those combos (kinda like most of games these days)

i'm sorry for caring about others who should they get the maximum experience of their game. i thought we should expect quality from games that make us go back to beat over and over not a game we could beat it at ease than never play it again.
#33KaijinSurohmPosted 1/4/2013 2:57:48 PM
darkslayer001 posted...

Maybe ur overthinking but Capcom intended this game to appeal and catch the casual COD/GoW audience. Someone posted an article a while back where Capcom decided to experiment on the franchise becuz they thought DMC4 reached the high point in the franchise. They said they knew/want to make a DMC5 but they want to experiment and take a shot at the COD/GoW fanbase....
essentially this reboot is pure moneygrabbing mentality...just my thoughts ur feel to think watever u want....

Do you happen to have the links to this?

I'd really like to read this. (I believe you, btw.)
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#34bigdom93Posted 1/4/2013 3:00:33 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
Ugh. I hate Tameem's flawed logic.

I can understand the IDEA of giving new players a chance to play a game with training wheels, but that's what we call a Training Room.

When a casual player (I say this, because this is how I went) sees a pro, they generally think "Wow." and instead of saying "I want a stupidly simple game to make it look like I know what I'm doing", they will instead do RESEARCH on the project, and then PRACTICE the moves over and over.

Why? Because it's a sense of achievement.

Most people don't care about how flashy it LOOKS. They do it because it not only looks cool, but it's balls-breakingly difficult to show off, and thus allows for bragging rights.

I just added another reason why I hate this game.

Edit
New title
DmC: Training Wheels

maybe baby's first devil may cry would be a better title. what do you think/
#35hoagie727Posted 1/4/2013 3:00:57 PM
A corporation cares more about profit than pleasing a minority of hardcore fans?

Get out here with your crazy theories!
#36KaijinSurohmPosted 1/4/2013 3:10:26 PM
bigdom93 posted...

maybe baby's first devil may cry would be a better title. what do you think/

Nah. That would be implying that the game is worth playing.

Baby's first DMC would be Kamiya's DMC1 =P
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#37mad_hax_manPosted 1/4/2013 3:56:39 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...

But, ultimately, the franchise needs that new blood to be interested in future games and stay for the long term. Many of you will argue that the "casuals" picking this game up won't stay on board, but who's to say? Capcom has to widen out and develop new blood if they want to see DMC continue on and be profitable, especially with the industry changing the way it is.

Except they already did that, with DMC4. You know, the highest selling DMC to date
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#38Ether101Posted 1/4/2013 4:53:00 PM
mad_hax_man posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

But, ultimately, the franchise needs that new blood to be interested in future games and stay for the long term. Many of you will argue that the "casuals" picking this game up won't stay on board, but who's to say? Capcom has to widen out and develop new blood if they want to see DMC continue on and be profitable, especially with the industry changing the way it is.

Except they already did that, with DMC4. You know, the highest selling DMC to date

If we look at comics and games that have tried to do this in the past we can tell that it isn't a good idea.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#39testament067Posted 1/4/2013 4:55:50 PM
LordKaizer posted...
testament067 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
testament067 posted...

i'm sorry for caring about others who should they get the maximum experience of their game. i thought we should expect quality from games that make us go back to beat over and over not a game we could beat it at ease than never play it again.

okay you didn't answer anything I said.

You have no right to declare who "should get the max experience of their game"....we all pay 60$ for the same damn game. We should all have a blast.

And ONCE AGAIN...I'm sure pros will dazzle with combos once they play with the game for a while...like always
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#40Ether101Posted 1/4/2013 4:57:59 PM
testament067 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
testament067 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
testament067 posted...

okay you didn't answer anything I said.

You have no right to declare who "should get the max experience of their game"....we all pay 60$ for the same damn game. We should all have a blast.

And ONCE AGAIN...I'm sure pros will dazzle with combos once they play with the game for a while...like always

There isn't any depth for that.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.