#61LordKaizerPosted 1/5/2013 2:01:35 AM
testament067 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
testament067 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
testament067 posted...
Easy to get into, hard to master....

I don't see what the big issue is

the problem is the old games were easy to get into but hard to master. but this game is catering to people who want to do all these mad combos but lazy to practice to get the satisfaction of achieving those combos (kinda like most of games these days)

Why do you care how much someone else enjoys the game?

I'm sure pros will still do crazy stuff that the "casuals" won't care to master

i'm sorry for caring about others who should they get the maximum experience of their game. i thought we should expect quality from games that make us go back to beat over and over not a game we could beat it at ease than never play it again.

okay you didn't answer anything I said.

You have no right to declare who "should get the max experience of their game"....we all pay 60$ for the same damn game. We should all have a blast.

And ONCE AGAIN...I'm sure pros will dazzle with combos once they play with the game for a while...like always

we'll get dazzle with combos of this game? you mean the same video you pros always love to brag about ? if so, then you guys are easily amused.
#62ChaserTechPosted 1/5/2013 2:08:37 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
It's not really a good idea to talk about any of the other DMC games on that site. Have you noticed that there's only a small number of users that have Avatars or Signatures that relate to the other games?

The site is a biased hellhole.

I have a Nero signature and a Nero icon. But I'm not a Nero fanboy. Nor am I biased about DMC4 at all. However I can agree that it can be biased there, as well as here. I haven't really been to many places where things are discussed without any bias at all. But quite frankly, more and more bias users have been popping up in those forums. It's slightly driving me mad because I can't criticize something without getting a strongly supported opinion shoved down my throat. Not only talking about that forum specifically but other places as well.

It's always this when it comes to talking to the pro-DmC side:

"The script could have less swearin--" "IT'S AN 18+ RATED GAME DEAL WITH IT!"

"The combat system is way too eas--" "IT'S SO THAT NEW GAMERS CAN PLAY ADVANCED STUFF ISN'T NEEDED"

"Some of the changes were just unnecess--" "WHO CARES? ACCEPT THEM!! BAW BAW WHITE HAIR DANTE"

Also what username do you go by? I never seen you there under that name.
#63Pesmerga255Posted 1/5/2013 2:10:43 AM
I've only ever lurked there. I don't have an account, I'd rather not get involved in discussions there.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#64Tidus9rulesPosted 1/5/2013 5:52:10 AM
Jelfish is right.
I played this last night. I actually got the opposite vibe of what Capcom wants. It feels more like it's geared to a crowd that already exists. New fans will be baffled by the amount of stuff it throws at you right off the bat. I think the worst part was the bonus stage. GET AN S RANK. Okay..you never taught me anything about pulling off combos, so I guess this is for the experts of the old games and not me, the new player.
I am not a new player to the series, but this is how I felt playing it. Capcom wants new fans, I get that. The series is getting older, people have moved on, etc. They did this with Mega Man over and over again. -_- But then they really need to design this game so you can slide into it like a hot bath, not be thrown into a cold shower. People will just run out screaming and cursing. XD Those god awful grappling hooks are the worst things ever. They don't explain them at all. Why are there two anyway? Just complication, for complications sake. That's not inviting people to play your game. That's like putting up a sign that says old school and experts only. Not something you want in the land of shrinking video game sales.
Also, why are the continue stones still around? XD
#65KyryloPosted 1/5/2013 5:54:51 AM
Tidus9rules posted...
Jelfish is right.
I played this last night. I actually got the opposite vibe of what Capcom wants. It feels more like it's geared to a crowd that already exists. New fans will be baffled by the amount of stuff it throws at you right off the bat. I think the worst part was the bonus stage. GET AN S RANK. Okay..you never taught me anything about pulling off combos, so I guess this is for the experts of the old games and not me, the new player.
I am not a new player to the series, but this is how I felt playing it. Capcom wants new fans, I get that. The series is getting older, people have moved on, etc. They did this with Mega Man over and over again. -_- But then they really need to design this game so you can slide into it like a hot bath, not be thrown into a cold shower. People will just run out screaming and cursing. XD Those god awful grappling hooks are the worst things ever. They don't explain them at all. Why are there two anyway? Just complication, for complications sake. That's not inviting people to play your game. That's like putting up a sign that says old school and experts only. Not something you want in the land of shrinking video game sales.
Also, why are the continue stones still around? XD

Grapling hooks are actually new addition and has nothing to do with old game. So enjoy dat modern gameplay.
#66mumpsy21Posted 1/5/2013 6:00:40 AM
But they're missing the point. What those proplayers did, was cool because it was difficult, really ******* difficult to pull off. It's not about playing in the air most of the battle.

At best, all they achieved was creating DMC that made it easier for aerial fights, and that's not exactly special.

Oh and taking out lock on is nothing to brag about, that was one of the stupidest moves they did.
---
Joy.
#67Tidus9rulesPosted 1/5/2013 6:03:44 AM
Um...no one said they were in the old game. My point is, why put two in there? Why two buttons to use them? Who approved this? It's a barrier, nothing more. You just need one type period. Artificial game play extension, giving you two items that work the exact same.
#68KyryloPosted 1/5/2013 6:12:52 AM
Tidus9rules posted...
Um...no one said they were in the old game. My point is, why put two in there? Why two buttons to use them? Who approved this? It's a barrier, nothing more. You just need one type period. Artificial game play extension, giving you two items that work the exact same.

They work different. One pulls somebody to you and other pulls you to somebody.
#69testament067Posted 1/5/2013 6:17:30 AM
"we'll get dazzle with combos of this game? you mean the same video you pros always love to brag about ? if so, then you guys are easily amused."

I'm not a "pro"......Just think the "Antis" are way too negative about certain aspects of this game...

And for the rest of this....opinions
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#70Jeff1015Posted 1/5/2013 12:19:35 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
I can understand the IDEA of giving new players a chance to play a game with training wheels, but that's what we call a Training Room.

When a casual player (I say this, because this is how I went) sees a pro, they generally think "Wow." and instead of saying "I want a stupidly simple game to make it look like I know what I'm doing", they will instead do RESEARCH on the project, and then PRACTICE the moves over and over.

Why? Because it's a sense of achievement.

Most people don't care about how flashy it LOOKS. They do it because it not only looks cool, but it's balls-breakingly difficult to show off, and thus allows for bragging rights.

I have to disagree with you on that.

I see the causal gamer as someone who only plays video games that their gamer friends introduce them to. They are also the ones that sometimes buy games based on the covers of the game alone. >_>

But with that being said, the casual gamer would most likely play a Hack N Slash game to relieve stress from a long day (unless they have a COD game, then they take out their frustration online). Ideally, said Hack N Slash game should make the casual look and feel like a bada$$ as they mow down waves of enemies. And despite what some people may argue, DmC accomplishes at least this much.

It is true that some casual gamers are inspired by better players to do better and decide to do a bit more research into a game (especially if it's part of a franchise) so they can gradually improve themselves.

But the average casual gamer (yeah, it sounds repetitive kind of to say that) won't put in too much effort into a game and might just move on to something else to entertain them, if they even decide to beat it.