DMC4 vs DmC: Speed Comparison/Analysis

#1ChaserTechPosted 1/4/2013 9:49:33 AM
Yup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meaPR33TKCs

Just uploaded it recently since I didn't see many videos comparing the speed of the two games.
Not to mention when I did see videos, it was done in Turbo mode or using only 2-3 moves.
#2DJ_0000Posted 1/4/2013 9:53:07 AM
That's quite a fair analysis, good video.
#3BigMan313Posted 1/4/2013 10:00:29 AM
Really good video, and I share his opinion on the game. A few of the moves did seem faster in DmC like million stabs, other then that DMC4 still looked faster overall. Just the way I saw it.
---
I don't know much about DC other than Flash could solo the Marvelverse and that Batman could make god stop believing in himself. - Rauzaraku
#4ChaserTech(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 10:02:11 AM
BigMan313 posted...
Really good video, and I share his opinion on the game. A few of the moves did seem faster in DmC like million stabs, other then that DMC4 still looked faster overall. Just the way I saw it.

DMC4's Million stabs are indeed a bit slower. However since DmC's Stinger is a lot longer than DMC4s, some people will argue of it's slower or not.
#5RichterB17Posted 1/4/2013 10:02:16 AM
Good comparison Chaser.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#6Psychochild27Posted 1/4/2013 10:03:06 AM(edited)
I'm surprised that if you were going to compare jump heights/double jumps, you didn't slip in a comparison of physics on enemies from a launcher to compare their hang time. I'm also a bit curious how Nero's Streak compares to Streak in DmC. Fair video all the same.
#7KyryloPosted 1/4/2013 10:07:16 AM
I noticed that original DMC can finish 1/2 sequences before dmc finishes his ones.
#8SilentS89Posted 1/4/2013 10:08:25 AM
Kyrylo posted...
I noticed that original DMC can finish 1/2 sequences before dmc finishes his ones.

Almost like DMC has double the frames to use or something.
#9ChaserTech(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 10:13:49 AM
Psychochild27 posted...
I'm surprised that if you were going to compare jump heights/double jumps, you didn't slip in a comparison of physics on enemies from a launcher to compare their hang time. I'm also a bit curious how Nero's Streak compares to Streak in DmC. Fair video all the same.

I honestly should have.

However I think it's quite obvious that DmC was specifically designed for enemies to stay in the air longer than the previous games.
While Dante (DmC) is in the air, juggling demons, the enemies are stunned far more than what the previous games hitstun was set to.

In fact, it scaled upwards from DMC3 > DMC4 > DmC.

In DMC3, you descended, regardless if you JC'd or not.
In DMC4, you stayed the same height when JCing unless you're fighting Scarecrows and Megascarecrows.
In DmC, combat is specifically designed for you to stay in the air, regardless if you JC'd or not. You could also ascend height easily as opposed in DMC4.

I also didn't compare Streak because DmC's Streak is just way too long. Nero's Streak is a single hit move. DmC's Streak is a multihit move that covers a longer distance.
#10Psychochild27Posted 1/4/2013 10:25:38 AM
ChaserTech posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

I honestly should have.

However I think it's quite obvious that DmC was specifically designed for enemies to stay in the air longer than the previous games.
While Dante (DmC) is in the air, juggling demons, the enemies are stunned far more than what the previous games hitstun was set to.

Well, when people mention things that feel off to them with regards to DmC's combat, it's always the speed and the visual fidelity of the moves (Especially with Dante's constant poses with his combos), and the enemy juggle physics that feel "Floaty" like DMC2's at the top of the list. I understand that they intend to make air combos ridiculously easy in DmC, but it'd still be nice to have a decent comparison to either confirm or put that one to rest.

In fact, it scaled upwards from DMC3 > DMC4 > DmC.

In DMC3, you descended, regardless if you JC'd or not.
In DMC4, you stayed the same height when JCing unless you're fighting Scarecrows and Megascarecrows.
In DmC, combat is specifically designed for you to stay in the air, regardless if you JC'd or not. You could also ascend height easily as opposed in DMC4.

This is one of those funny things where I always felt that (Ignoring enemy-specific hitboxes to JC off of and nerfing Gilgamesh by not making it home in anymore), DMC4 was always harder to jump-cancel in despite making it technically easier to stay in the air. I don't know what it was but it always felt like by allowing both Dante and the enemy to descend bit by bit after each swing, the window to successfully connect the next JC'ed attack was a touch more forgiving while in DMC4 if the enemy drops, you're done.