anyone think that if this game doesnt sell that they will drop the series

#1pureevilpandaPosted 1/4/2013 10:11:46 AM
then what do think that the fans will do?
#2SilentS89Posted 1/4/2013 10:13:39 AM
pureevilpanda posted...
then what do think that the fans will do?

Yes, I think Capcom will drop the series if this doesn't sell well.

I don't know that fans will do.

I'll tell you what I wont do, I wont be surprised.
#3TaizukuPosted 1/4/2013 10:15:09 AM
Capcom usually gives every new venture 2 attempts before dropping it. So no.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#4ChickenfrogmanPosted 1/4/2013 10:16:37 AM
As an anti, I'd rather see this series die then live on as a disgusting shadow of its former self.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#5SydLosttarotPosted 1/4/2013 10:17:56 AM
Yes. DMC 4 didn't do well and the HD collection generated almost no interest. This game is the Hail Mary.
#6HellsControllerPosted 1/4/2013 10:19:00 AM
SydLosttarot posted...
Yes. DMC 4 didn't do well and the HD collection generated almost no interest. This game is the Hail Mary.

How the hell did the best selling game of the series not do so well? I'm curious.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#7TaizukuPosted 1/4/2013 10:19:03 AM
It's really not though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#8SilentS89Posted 1/4/2013 10:19:50 AM
HellsController posted...
SydLosttarot posted...

How the hell did the best selling game of the series not do so well? I'm curious.

DmC is guaranteed to fail if Capcom expects it to exceed DMC4's sales.
#9Hades192Posted 1/4/2013 10:31:01 AM
Yup! I think DMC as we knew it is OVER.

Itsuno was probably crying that he doesn't know how to progress the story after DMC2 and DMC4 which was more of his original design going into the series. Itsuno did DMC3 well because he was chasing DMC Dante; DMC2 was his take on how it would progress and after DMC3 he dropped the ball a bit with Nero, although I personally love DMC4.

Itsuno sold the idea of Dragons Dogma and surely that was in the works as well as DmC. Itsuno had to be part of the development of DmC only to guide and make sure it retained a similar enough feeling but his heart was not into the project; which is why there is a lot of similarities to DMC2 in DmC because those influences were of Itsuno's design and something he could respond to as his creation rather than speculating on how the series may have been.

If DmC2 is ever announced, I'll guarantee Istuno will be absent.
#10Dark_EpathyPosted 1/4/2013 10:34:43 AM
I don't think the series will be dropped.

By now, it seems as though Capcom has realized this has been more of an experiment than anything else. I don't think they anticipated the degree of the backlash, though, but that's what it is.

However, I'm sure they recognize now the significance of a DMC5.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa