anyone think that if this game doesnt sell that they will drop the series

#21NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/4/2013 11:59:25 AM
I sure hope we don't lose DMC to DmC. I'd really miss the original Dante. It'd be better if Capcom made a game about Sparda meeting Eva for the first time and fighting off evil.
---
Newer isn't always better.
#22ChaserTechPosted 1/4/2013 12:16:44 PM
Chickenfrogman posted...
Upgrade list has leaked, we get nothing but damage upgrades. The demo felt like Heavenly Sword Mk. 2, not Devil May Cry.

I don't believe this.
Please post an article or something. I'd really like to know if this is true or not.
#23Pesmerga255Posted 1/4/2013 12:17:50 PM
ChaserTech posted...
Chickenfrogman posted...
Upgrade list has leaked, we get nothing but damage upgrades. The demo felt like Heavenly Sword Mk. 2, not Devil May Cry.

I don't believe this.
Please post an article or something. I'd really like to know if this is true or not.

I've seen the list. It came from one of the previews.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#24ChaserTechPosted 1/4/2013 12:21:15 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
ChaserTech posted...
Chickenfrogman posted...

I don't believe this.

I've seen the list. It came from one of the previews.

Do you have a link to it?
If it's mainly damage upgrades, then I will laugh. Hard.
#25Pesmerga255Posted 1/4/2013 12:29:47 PM(edited)
It's somewhere in my browser history. I'll try and fish it out.

http://oi47.tinypic.com/rupsg7.jpg

Found it. Going by one of the other previews that I saw, it indicates any moves that you don't have the ability to buy yet by calling it "Unknown", so I'm fairly certain that these are the full movelists for each of these weapons.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#26darkslayer001Posted 1/4/2013 12:28:51 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
I don't think the series will be dropped.

By now, it seems as though Capcom has realized this has been more of an experiment than anything else. I don't think they anticipated the degree of the backlash, though, but that's what it is.

However, I'm sure they recognize now the significance of a DMC5.

this^
I agree that Capcom is experimenting currently becuz a recent article posted in the board said that Capcom thinks the DMC has reached its high point with 4 and then an experimentation wouldnt hurt, so ya i am positive some form of Devil may cry is gonna show up later but i dont know whether its DmC or DMC....
#27pigboyPosted 1/5/2013 10:27:40 PM
pureevilpanda posted...
then what do think that the fans will do?

Not really.

Capcom wants money badly. They will just have Hideaki Itsuno to work on DMC5 before working on Dragon's Dogma 2 since it was not selling as well as Capcom expected.
#28_Uwye_Posted 1/6/2013 3:14:19 AM
SydLosttarot posted...
The first one sold the most at just under 3 million units and that's only taking one system into account since that's all it was sold for. In order for DMC 4 to be considered the most successful, it would need to have exceeded that at least. When you take out the 360 and PC, it's the worst selling title in the series at 1.46 mil. units. I'm making this claim based on how well it did on the Playstation since that's where the series succeeds the most.

Even with all sales totaled together, DMC 4 only sold 500 k more than DMC 3 SE. If you combine DMC 3 SE with the original DMC 3, DMC3 is the most successful one in the history of the series at 4.3 mil units (if I'm understanding the numbers right as I looked them up for a different topic---that's why I'm tenatively saying DMC 1 sold the most).

It had the most potential to sell more than any other in the series, but it didn't.

I got all this from VGChartz. If you have a better metric to measure with, as some people think they're not reliable, I'd be glad to know.

Edit: DMC 4 sold 2.76 mil. units total, with 1.46 for PS3 and 1.29 for 360. It was 0.01 for PC. Because of the rebooting, Capcom isn't going to have as high an expectation for DmC as there was for DMC 4. That said, I'm sure it'll sell more than DMC 4 because this is the first title there's parity in exposure for all platforms, prospective DLC and a larger customer base. Between the three systems, they'll probably get 3.2 mil. or more units sold.

You got your numbers all wrong, not surprising considering you use VGChartz (hint, don't do it, they just make up numbers). These are the real ones, straight from Capcom's own website (initial release only, budget re-releases and ports are'nt counted).

DMC4: 2.6 millions (PS3+X360)
DMC1: 2.16 millions
DMC2: 1.7 millions
DMC3-DA: 1.3 millions

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

And saying that DMC4 "underperformed" because on the Playstation it sold less than DMC1 is ridicolous. You have to take into account the available user base, how can you expect that a game released on a platform with 10~12 million consoles (DMC4) can sold the same as a game released on a platform with 20~25 million consoles (DMC1)?
#29BillysanPosted 1/6/2013 3:19:14 AM
Seeing how DMC4 sold pretty well I think they'll try and sell off an actual DMC game before giving up.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#30Hustler NinePosted 1/6/2013 3:55:59 AM
DMC4: 2.6 millions (PS3+X360)
DMC1: 2.16 millions
DMC2: 1.7 millions
DMC3-DA: 1.3 millions

This is a proof that a bad reveived sequel such as DMC2 can damage the sales of the next game DMC3.
This is sad because DMC3 is the best in the series.

The problem was DMC2. After the initial success of DMC1 the sequels stood a chance to reach 3 million in sales and increase the popularity in the genre like God of War 2 did.
Since it became a very bad game, DMC2 really lowered the interest in DMC3. Sadly, but true.
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...