anyone think that if this game doesnt sell that they will drop the series

#31megamaticsPosted 1/6/2013 3:09:38 AM
A No further damage situation like Breath of Fire ?...I wouldn't mind.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#32StrelokPosted 1/6/2013 3:23:31 AM
If the series is dropped, then it is dropped.

Rather dead than... whatever this is.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#33chaotix247Posted 1/6/2013 9:57:28 AM
Yes and that is why I ****ing hate this game twice as more. I mean if you're going to kill the series, just man up and say, "We cannot think of anything profitable anymore with Devil May Cry so we decided to discontinue the series." Instead of whoring out this piece of ****
---
I am so DAMN pissed at Capcom yet I shell out money like an idiot anyway.
Currently Playing - RE6, Black Ops 2, RE4, DMCHD, RECVX
#341wingedmooglePosted 1/6/2013 10:09:32 AM
Strelok posted...
If the series is dropped, then it is dropped.

Rather dead than... whatever this is.

Agreed. It would be a mercy kill at this point.
---
Not changing this sig until Little Big Adventure 3 is announced. In other words, never.
#35vgplaya89Posted 1/6/2013 10:27:53 AM
I have the feeling this game won't do so bad. So we'll probably at least get a DmC2.
---
Life's simple; you make choices and you dont look back...
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/Kokonoe-/bieber.gif
#36lokithefoolPosted 1/6/2013 10:30:17 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
SydLosttarot posted...
The first one sold the most at just under 3 million units and that's only taking one system into account since that's all it was sold for. In order for DMC 4 to be considered the most successful, it would need to have exceeded that at least. When you take out the 360 and PC, it's the worst selling title in the series at 1.46 mil. units. I'm making this claim based on how well it did on the Playstation since that's where the series succeeds the most.

Even with all sales totaled together, DMC 4 only sold 500 k more than DMC 3 SE. If you combine DMC 3 SE with the original DMC 3, DMC3 is the most successful one in the history of the series at 4.3 mil units (if I'm understanding the numbers right as I looked them up for a different topic---that's why I'm tenatively saying DMC 1 sold the most).

It had the most potential to sell more than any other in the series, but it didn't.

I got all this from VGChartz. If you have a better metric to measure with, as some people think they're not reliable, I'd be glad to know.

Edit: DMC 4 sold 2.76 mil. units total, with 1.46 for PS3 and 1.29 for 360. It was 0.01 for PC. Because of the rebooting, Capcom isn't going to have as high an expectation for DmC as there was for DMC 4. That said, I'm sure it'll sell more than DMC 4 because this is the first title there's parity in exposure for all platforms, prospective DLC and a larger customer base. Between the three systems, they'll probably get 3.2 mil. or more units sold.

You got your numbers all wrong, not surprising considering you use VGChartz (hint, don't do it, they just make up numbers). These are the real ones, straight from Capcom's own website (initial release only, budget re-releases and ports are'nt counted).

DMC4: 2.6 millions (PS3+X360)
DMC1: 2.16 millions
DMC2: 1.7 millions
DMC3-DA: 1.3 millions

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

And saying that DMC4 "underperformed" because on the Playstation it sold less than DMC1 is ridicolous. You have to take into account the available user base, how can you expect that a game released on a platform with 10~12 million consoles (DMC4) can sold the same as a game released on a platform with 20~25 million consoles (DMC1)?

For dmc 3 does that include the collectors addition?
#37_Uwye_Posted 1/6/2013 11:18:17 AM(edited)
You mean the Special Edition? No, 1.3 millions is the original release only. There's no hard data for the SE. According to all the voices I've heard it sold very well for a budget re-release but no definite numbers.
#38Ether101Posted 1/6/2013 11:24:11 AM
Taizuku posted...
Capcom usually gives every new venture 2 attempts before dropping it. So no.

You base this off of what exactly?

Anyways, Capcom has threatened to drop the entire franchise if this game does poorly.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#39ShengaliPosted 1/6/2013 11:31:12 AM
I think it's a Capcom ploy. If you think about it, there's been such a HUGE negative reaction. So what happens when they announce DMC5? Everyone will go crazy and excited that they brought classic Dante back after all. It'll probably turn out to be the best selling DMC.

It reminds me of Tickle-Me Elmo's and those Firby's (in their first year), that were so amazingly popular because they were so amazingly rare. Also PS3s their first year. Anyway it's "Supply and Demand". The negative zone around this game and it's PR has created a demand for the classic timeline and Dante, Capom will supply it and reap the benefits as a big mountain of cash.
#40DarkJaydragonPosted 1/6/2013 11:34:59 AM
Shengali posted...
I think it's a Capcom ploy. If you think about it, there's been such a HUGE negative reaction. So what happens when they announce DMC5? Everyone will go crazy and excited that they brought classic Dante back after all. It'll probably turn out to be the best selling DMC.

It reminds me of Tickle-Me Elmo's and those Firby's (in their first year), that were so amazingly popular because they were so amazingly rare. Also PS3s their first year. Anyway it's "Supply and Demand". The negative zone around this game and it's PR has created a demand for the classic timeline and Dante, Capom will supply it and reap the benefits as a big mountain of cash.

I prefer this Dante over the old one but I like the old Vergil better from what I have seen so far, so the best dmc to me would be a game with those two characters.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.