Gameinsight Review

#41shatterstarPosted 1/4/2013 5:52:53 PM
Kyrylo posted...
So those guys gave it 7,5 and who could've think? Their review was removed from web.

Lmfao!

Mate.

I know desperation tactics is a given but a 7.5 is a positive review.

Do you think DmC will score 9's and 8's across the board? Do you think reviews get to pick games from there favorite genre to review or that all journalist in this field actually play videogames for a living?

Lets be real here mate. DmC will have reviews below the 7 mark. It all depends on the journalist reviewing it.

Lets take in account the Eurogamer guy that's been posting those videos on YouTube as an example.

He's reviewing DmC but he sucks at playing games from this genre and he clearly hates platforming. He's openly admitting that but there's a lot of things he's liking as well. So I don't expect a 9 coming that guy.

So there's no need for Capcom to take review scores of the web, they can't even do that anyway.
#42Mutou_KazukiPosted 1/4/2013 5:54:48 PM
Do you have to call everybody "mate"? Nobody here is your friend.
---
GET CHANCE AND LUCK!
Because it's cooler that way!
#43sworderPosted 1/4/2013 6:14:45 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
Lol, While I understand this, their examples are photoshopped to hell and back.

The Meta score with 88 is dated Mar - 15. (The text info said it was mar - 12)
The Meta score with 72 is dated Mar - 15.

Whoops.

That's the release date of the game, not the date the picture was taken. It's not supposed to change.
#44IDS3Posted 1/4/2013 6:25:55 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
IDS3 posted...
It's very rare that any early review for a game is below a 9/10, mostly for reasons set forth by the publisher that grants the reviewer/review sites early access. Publisher sees how reviewer is enjoying the game, the reviewer likes it enough, but will agree to give the game a high score before it comes out, and this both attracts more attention to their site for having an early exclusive, and brings more positive attention to the game, so it works out for everyone.

If you go against the embargo without permission from the publisher, you can essentially be blacklisted, or worse. This is nothing new, and you shouldn't expect to see anything below a 9/10, until the game is released out in to the wild.

An old article for reference:
http://bitmob.com/articles/why-you-shouldnt-trust-early-metascores

Lol, While I understand this, their examples are photoshopped to hell and back.

The Meta score with 88 is dated Mar - 15. (The text info said it was mar - 12)
The Meta score with 72 is dated Mar - 15.

Whoops.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/homefront

Release Date is still Mar -15...