I can forgive the design. I can forgive the dialogue.

#21sillycatstevenPosted 1/4/2013 10:45:53 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
i thought the Bayo and DmC problems/glitches are different. in Bayo it kills everything, but doesn't get rank up much. in DmC it gets rank up fast and kills everything. they are clearly different problems. furthermore, we never said the Bayo glitches are good. we are just glad to have them because Bayo is difficult.

No rank? Really sure? Last chance to get some facts straight.... oh whatever you would still argue 1 million combo pure platinum is low score

correct me if i'm wrong. no need to be smug about it... i just forgot to add "i haven't played a lot of Bayo and haven't played it for a long time, so i might be wrong". you don't need to be like this. just because i don't make a lot of mistakes, it doesn't mean i don't make mistakes. and i know how difficult it is sometimes to catch an anti make a mistake, but you don't need to jump at every opportunity to poke fun at me....
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#22SiLVeR_420Posted 1/4/2013 10:51:52 PM
rice_noodles posted...
Oh we remember Scarborough Fair, but they are just so overwhelmingly... err... average, that we don't really need to specifically talk about them.

Not to mention their the first weapons you ever get.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#23dexalotPosted 1/4/2013 11:09:23 PM(edited)
Anyone who hates this games dialog must have really hated DMC1 dialog, if you compare the 2 the new game has way better acting for todays standards, i dont think we are gonna get anything like "i should have been the one too fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIGGHHHTT!" or.... devils never cry, and countless others i just beat dmc1 on the hd collection. DMC is not near as cheesy, just sayin.
#24rice_noodlesPosted 1/4/2013 11:11:28 PM
dexalot posted...
Anyone who hates this games dialog must have really hated DMC1 dialog, if you compare the 2 the new game has way better acting for todays standards, i dont think we are gonna get anything like "i should have been the one too fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIGGHHHTT!" or.... devils never cry, and countless others i just beat dmc1 on the hd collection. DMC is not near as cheesy, just sayin.

Good thing the older games didn't try to break the stereotype that games can't stand up to the best of theatre and film has to offer.

Just sayin'.
#25KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/4/2013 11:16:45 PM
dexalot posted...

*GASP*

You mean... a game from 2013 has better voice acting then a game from 2001!?

What witch craft is this!?

/sarcasm

The dialogue in this is just plain bad though imo. The VA work is alright, but the writing itself is just plain bad.

The major difference? DMC1 was supposed to be cheesy. This game's dialogue and story is supposed to break molds and the notion that video game stories are trite.

Cheesy that's meant to be cheesy is better then bad that's supposed to be serious imo.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#26sillycatstevenPosted 1/5/2013 8:49:44 PM
dexalot posted...

DmC is not as cheesy because it's trying to be serious, gritty and dark. DMC1 is cheesy is because it's meant to be cheesy and not take itself seriously. DmC didn't achieve what it was meant to with its dialogue, but DMC1 did.

also, DMC1 didn't have as much forced swearing and people repeating each other's lines almost immediately.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.