So good action game, and a bad DMC game...

#1lokithefoolPosted 1/5/2013 2:53:59 PM
Anybody else agree with this?
#2Pesmerga255Posted 1/5/2013 2:56:28 PM
"Good" is stretching it a bit.

"Mediocre action game, bad DMC game" is a lot more suitable.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3Vault_ZeroPosted 1/5/2013 2:56:40 PM
lokithefool posted...
Anybody else agree with this?

Everybody agrees with that. Wait no. Mediocre action game.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#4UbberDevilPosted 1/5/2013 3:01:31 PM
I'm really get sick of seeing this phrase like the person is the first one to come up with it. Not trying to be mean to you, TC, but this is said more than I would like. This phrase has been said since DMC2.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#5megamaticsPosted 1/5/2013 3:06:10 PM
It's a game without it's own identity. Pretty much generic run of the mill stuff. it's plot seems to be directly ripped from the matrix with the whole "Humanity needs to be saved and we're the secret organization that can see reality to save them". The unskippable cutscenes will kill any second playthrough on a harder difficulty (even if it still is relatively easy to beat). I'm not even sure how anyone will even remember this game after 6 months. I'm sure most DMC fans either remember 1 or 2 big things about the previous games, even DMC2 and it's helicopter boss (the worst enemy ever in DMC ever).
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#6lokithefool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 3:06:21 PM
UbberDevil posted...
I'm really get sick of seeing this phrase like the person is the first one to come up with it. Not trying to be mean to you, TC, but this is said more than I would like. This phrase has been said since DMC2.

Well the origin of the statement is a non issue. I was just wandering if people where thinking this, or not.
#7testament067Posted 1/5/2013 3:11:07 PM
Unreleased game
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#8lokithefool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 3:12:46 PM
megamatics posted...
It's a game without it's own identity. Pretty much generic run of the mill stuff. it's plot seems to be directly ripped from the matrix with the whole "Humanity needs to be saved and we're the secret organization that can see reality to save them". The unskippable cutscenes will kill any second playthrough on a harder difficulty (even if it still is relatively easy to beat). I'm not even sure how anyone will even remember this game after 6 months. I'm sure most DMC fans either remember 1 or 2 big things about the previous games, even DMC2 and it's helicopter boss (the worst enemy ever in DMC ever).

Hmm I agree with your plot critique, but do you think it looks fun to play?
#9megamaticsPosted 1/5/2013 3:14:26 PM
testament067 posted...
Unreleased game

Action games are measured on gameplay, not story, but there is enough material out to make a full assessment of the game. Missions 1-10 leaked along with some other questionable links with pictures to later content as well as other leaks.
---
#10megamaticsPosted 1/5/2013 3:17:53 PM
lokithefool posted...
megamatics posted...

Hmm I agree with your plot critique, but do you think it looks fun to play?

I've never liked really button mashy games, so I stay away from God Of war and other games that fit that distinction. I played the demo and was bored with how easily I blew through it on the supposed hard setting. The only thing that I had trouble with was the platforming which annoyed me to no end in its relative meaningless padding to the stages.
---