I backed down on my decision.

#181QCTeamkillPosted 1/7/2013 6:46:36 AM
SuperBossking posted...
Ah. I had no idea they were sneaking the mission numbers into the cutscenes again, so the 5 looked really out of place.

Though now I'm just disappointed they're stealing that gimmick

No steal, Capcom owns DMC3, unless they steal themselves?
#182SuperBosskingPosted 1/7/2013 6:48:36 AM
It's a different team and a different director, specifically brought on TO be different. Stealing little touches from the previous director just seems kind of cheap to me, especially since that touch wasn't even brought over to DMC4, if I remember right
#183Modest_ModsoulPosted 1/7/2013 7:09:19 AM(edited)
Lol, I also think its hilarious.

That wig just clamp on his head spot on like a flying octopus. XD

+ DmC Dante's reaction.
---
If you show me how to die... Then I'll show you how to live.
#184embrandedonePosted 1/7/2013 7:21:01 AM
Japanese_Jade posted...
Here are gifs for those wondering why TC is so upset instead of watching that whole preview:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9828c603748dcdb7b60f2273a741203d/tumblr_mg7vc6P2J41rfk9mxo1_400.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/78d3abbea19da1a1702a551470c05d5c/tumblr_mg7vc6P2J41rfk9mxo2_400.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e56564ad0e617ce08b3f684234863ff5/tumblr_mg7vc6P2J41rfk9mxo3_400.gif

I don't know whats funnier. The white wig octopus over Dante's head or TC's overreaction to it. No offense TC, but your offense only makes you guilty of being mocked. I love the original series and found this hilarious.

Thanks for that link. You are true hero.
#185Nisa20Posted 1/7/2013 8:26:36 AM
Wow I only saw one pic Jade posted I thought he looked pretty cute with that wig on. *_*
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#186Pesmerga255Posted 1/7/2013 8:28:06 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
SuperBossking posted...
Ah. I had no idea they were sneaking the mission numbers into the cutscenes again, so the 5 looked really out of place.

Though now I'm just disappointed they're stealing that gimmick

No steal, Capcom owns DMC3, unless they steal themselves?

Isn't this supposed to be a fresh start with no allusions to the original series?

It's all unique, visceral and gritty.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#187HellFire-BahamuPosted 1/7/2013 8:38:52 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Isn't this supposed to be a fresh start with no allusions to the original series?

Need new lines dude. Repeating yourself a lot :/
Losing your edge, haha.
---
"I like the way you die, boy" -Django
#188Pesmerga255Posted 1/7/2013 8:48:36 AM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

Need new lines dude. Repeating yourself a lot :/
Losing your edge, haha.

There really isn't anything else to be said about this game. The spoilers were so underwhelming and generally DMC2-like.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#189SilentS89Posted 1/7/2013 8:58:33 AM
All these outsiders come onto this board because this was a "popular board topic" and watch the video. Proceed to making judgements about us without understanding the two years of context behind this.

It isn't surprising you don't relate to us if you don't understand the context.

This was made with malice. They knew that this would upset people, not "people" but fans of the franchise before they hijacked it. Instead of being respectful to the history of the franchise they had the honor of working with, they decided to mock us and the franchise.

NT and the media in general go out of their way to say that antis only care about the hair, if they actually believed that why would they make a joke about something they "knew" was important to us.

I don't even care about the contents of the actual scene, what bothers me is how they did this with the intent of mocking the antis. It tells me that they don't care about the classic games in the franchise and they don't care about us. I don't give money to people who mock me.

Imagine that Sony was making a Mario game, and Sony declares that Mario isn't cool anymore so we are going to radically alter him in a reboot. He is now a dinosaur human hybrid with red hair. The old Mario fans probably wouldn't appreciate that their iconic character was being replaced with one that scarcely resembles the character they love.

Then Classic Mario fans raise legitimate issues for two years and Sony dismisses them by saying that they only care about the red hair. Then Sony puts a scene in their new Mario game with the sole intent of mocking the classic Mario series and the fans of said Mario series.

Many of you don't care about the Devil May Cry series or Dante, I get it. But try to understand that many of us antis grew up with Devil May Cry and this is one of if not our favorite franchise. We are passionate about it and only want the best for it.

We do stuff like pointing out bugs to the developer but he tells us that "He doesn't have a fix for facepalming until your face bleeds". This scene is just one of many examples of Ninja Theory not caring about our concerns.

This scene was leaked months ago, NT had plenty of time to change it. They decided not to.

I also agree it wouldn't be nearly as offensive if they didn't have him say "not in a million years".

People will probably tell me that I am oversensitive and butthurt but I am actually quite calm. This scene isn't a surprise for me, the only thing I feel emotion for is how NT is succeeding in trivializing our concerns to outsiders. I hope this post helps some of the new faces understand the situation.

That aside, I do think the animation for the hair being like an octopus was funny.
#190Capitan_KidPosted 1/7/2013 9:05:01 AM
SilentS89 posted...
All these outsiders come onto this board because this was a "popular board topic" and watch the video. Proceed to making judgements about us without understanding the two years of context behind this.

It isn't surprising you don't relate to us if you don't understand the context.

This was made with malice. They knew that this would upset people, not "people" but fans of the franchise before they hijacked it. Instead of being respectful to the history of the franchise they had the honor of working with, they decided to mock us and the franchise.

NT and the media in general go out of their way to say that antis only care about the hair, if they actually believed that why would they make a joke about something they "knew" was important to us.

I don't even care about the contents of the actual scene, what bothers me is how they did this with the intent of mocking the antis. It tells me that they don't care about the classic games in the franchise and they don't care about us. I don't give money to people who mock me.

Imagine that Sony was making a Mario game, and Sony declares that Mario isn't cool anymore so we are going to radically alter him in a reboot. He is now a dinosaur human hybrid with red hair. The old Mario fans probably wouldn't appreciate that their iconic character was being replaced with one that scarcely resembles the character they love.

Then Classic Mario fans raise legitimate issues for two years and Sony dismisses them by saying that they only care about the red hair. Then Sony puts a scene in their new Mario game with the sole intent of mocking the classic Mario series and the fans of said Mario series.

Many of you don't care about the Devil May Cry series or Dante, I get it. But try to understand that many of us antis grew up with Devil May Cry and this is one of if not our favorite franchise. We are passionate about it and only want the best for it.

We do stuff like pointing out bugs to the developer but he tells us that "He doesn't have a fix for facepalming until your face bleeds". This scene is just one of many examples of Ninja Theory not caring about our concerns.

This scene was leaked months ago, NT had plenty of time to change it. They decided not to.

I also agree it wouldn't be nearly as offensive if they didn't have him say "not in a million years".

People will probably tell me that I am oversensitive and butthurt but I am actually quite calm. This scene isn't a surprise for me, the only thing I feel emotion for is how NT is succeeding in trivializing our concerns to outsiders. I hope this post helps some of the new faces understand the situation.

That aside, I do think the animation for the hair being like an octopus was funny.

You are taking this scene waay too seriously. It's a joke. A joke with foreshadowing. You say you're calm but that post just reeks of butthurt.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!