I backed down on my decision.

#191HellFire-BahamuPosted 1/7/2013 8:06:47 AM
People need a sense a humor. Seriously.
---
"I like the way you die, boy" -Django
#192SuperBosskingPosted 1/7/2013 8:31:23 AM
This wig thing has been about the only slightly humorous thing that Ninja Theory has shown with the game, and even then it's more of a jab at the old fans and franchise than a legitimate joke.

If this game had a sense of humor in line with the original games, I think it'd be more tolerated by the old fans. But instead, it insists on taking its terrible plot and writing so seriously except for the occasional insult to to the original.
#193Pesmerga255Posted 1/7/2013 8:40:50 AM
HellFire-Bahamu posted...

Fun is overrated.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#194JJenesisPosted 1/7/2013 8:52:38 AM
Maybe the scene was just a response to Dante in Ult Marvel vs Capcom. I think one of his lines was how he wasn't getting old his hair has just always been white. I think it was Capcom's way of saying the DmC and DMC universes weren't connected, And the wig just happened to be Ninja Theory's way.
#195Kira0987Posted 1/7/2013 11:11:31 AM

Sense of humor =/= enjoying being mocked and/or having your favorite things mocked.
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard
#196Nisa20Posted 1/7/2013 11:34:35 AM
Kira0987 posted...

Sense of humor =/= enjoying being mocked and/or having your favorite things mocked.

But it is a type of humor used by comedians so it doesn't entirely invalidate his claim.
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#197Kobe_Got_JamPosted 1/7/2013 11:37:22 AM
Ok great TC. You realize the vid is in spanish right? What were you trying to accomplish with this thread?
---
PSN ID: MoirNoir
#198Zio_DynePosted 1/7/2013 12:09:42 PM
If it's good enough, I'd laugh even if it's at the expense of myself or something I like.
Having a sense of humor isn't the same as having no standards though.
You're not going to laugh at every single attempt at comedy.
Like a Jeff Dunham stand-up special, Tyler Perry presentations, or anything on CBS; this isn't funny to me.
It doesn't even have that whole hammy charm going for it. It's not so bad it's good. It's just, 'what is this, and who thought that was a good idea?'.
#199Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 12:12:52 PM
JJenesis posted...
Maybe the scene was just a response to Dante in Ult Marvel vs Capcom. I think one of his lines was how he wasn't getting old his hair has just always been white. I think it was Capcom's way of saying the DmC and DMC universes weren't connected, And the wig just happened to be Ninja Theory's way.

it does kinda works opposite way.
#200ShengaliPosted 1/7/2013 12:24:36 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
SuperBossking posted...
They sure put a lot of effort into such a throwaway joke

What was REALLY insulting was the fat guy drinking the succubus drink that Donte knocks out of his hand. Big obese guy wearing a big 5 on his shirt.

Yeah, real subtle, Ninja Theory.

Its mission 5. DMC3 put mission number into cutscenes too.

Really? Then where's the "1"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2sfmoXGNPY