Does this go down in history as the worst a series has ever been desecrated?

#1shutupthe3rdPosted 1/6/2013 5:54:41 PM
This game will be extremely successful, not because it is better than DMC, but because it has one of the most expensive marketing campaigns I've ever seen. Capcom will then proceed to say they made the right decision, and blame the fans for the DMC series "failing".

Platinum Games will never have rights to DMC again.

NT does not respect DMC nor its legacy. They honestly think their game is better in every aspect. They admit to hollywoodizing Dante.

While I'm not going to flat out say "paid reviewers", reviewers hate to bash on the people who advertise on their sites. http://www.gamesradar.com/dmc-devil-may-cry-hands-on-6-ways-it-improves-original-series/ is a great example of this.

This game will completely destroy everything DMC ever was, and it will be remembered as a great game by casuals and reviewers, and there is nothing we can do about it.

has there ever been a game series just completely demolished worse than this? The closest thing I can think of is Fallout.
---
General_Slurmz: What happened to shutupthe1st and 2nd?
NegativePoints1: They were killed for talking when not spoken to.
#2Enix BelmontPosted 1/6/2013 5:56:10 PM
Sonic 2006
Ninja Gaiden 3
Metroid: Other M

It's been worse. All these, in every respect, are worse, IMO.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#3DJ_0000Posted 1/6/2013 5:56:23 PM
boohoo
#4SlaveBladePosted 1/6/2013 5:57:25 PM(edited)
Bomberman. Also BRave Fencer Musashi
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#5Enix BelmontPosted 1/6/2013 5:58:01 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
Bomberman. Also BRave Fencer Musashi

Bomberman Act Zero, absolutely. One of the worst games I own period. It's a disgrace.

Best example. Anyone that thinks DmC is honestly worse is blind.
---
#6megamaticsPosted 1/6/2013 6:01:17 PM(edited)
Enix Belmont posted...
Sonic 2006
Ninja Gaiden 3

To be Fair Team Ninja Fixed the game of how super terrible it was and brought it up to Good Game status with the Wii-U Iteration. I think they're re-releasing it on the PS3 and 360 as Sigma 3.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#7prestodanielPosted 1/6/2013 6:02:28 PM
Nope. Not even close. and i'm sorry you feel this way.
#8Enix BelmontPosted 1/6/2013 6:04:41 PM
megamatics posted...
Enix Belmont posted...
Sonic 2006
Ninja Gaiden 3

To be Fair Team Ninja Fixed the game of how super terrible it was and brought it up to Good Game status with the Wii-U Iteration. I think they're re-releasing it on the PS3 and 360 as Sigma 3.

I haven't played it, heard it was a bit better, but I don't believe it would be enough. Game as-is is probably my least favorite game of 2012, alongside RE6, Revelations 2012, RE:ORC, and a few others right next to it.
---
#9shutupthe3rd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 6:05:22 PM
>Sonic 2006
The Sonic franchise was going downhill until this point and this was probably the low point. At least they've had good games as of late.

>Ninja Gaiden 3
WiiU release is actually pretty good.

>Metroid: Other M
same as Ninja Gaiden 3
---
General_Slurmz: What happened to shutupthe1st and 2nd?
NegativePoints1: They were killed for talking when not spoken to.
#10Ether101Posted 1/6/2013 6:06:47 PM
Enix Belmont posted...
Sonic 2006
Ninja Gaiden 3

Other M isn't nearly that bad. Bad is Modern Zelda turning Link form somebody that helps others because it's in his nature into whiny *****. Bad is turning Big Boss into a good guy and throwing Solid Snake to the wolves.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.