I feel like I'm the only DMC Veteran that loves this game

#111KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/7/2013 11:34:31 PM
Niyel7 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Sorry, that's my bad. I had a **** day.

And the guy was trying to take everything at face value which got annoying. It's not that Richter can't literally play them anymore, it's more figurative.

I read both of their posts and I can see where they're coming from. They both make sense, but still I see no need to be upset over someone's opinion on a videogame :)

It's not so much his opinion on a video game, more like him putting someone else down for not wording something perfectly.

Hell, I couldn't care less about a person's opinion on a video game, or anything at all for that matter. Like I said, bad day and I wasn't fond of the way he was responding to Richter.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#112eco masterPosted 1/7/2013 11:37:23 PM(edited)
Ok then be less of an ass. Is that to much to ask? So we can all get along nice around here, and stay entertained instead of getting stressed on a freaking forum!

How am I being an ass? I'm having a discussion, and we have differing views. Is having a differing view being an ass, or something?

Because it saddens me that the questions that have been left unanswered, the characters that I grew up to enjoy, the gameplay that blew my mind as a young teen will never be expanded upon again.

There is a long, long future ahead of the both of us, barring a tragic turn of events. Never? That's not a guarantee. This game has been declared a series reboot - that is to say, the events in the game are not necessarily tied to the original series, but it does not necessarily mean that the original series is done. Simply, there is now a branch-off. There is no way you nor I can say for sure that the original series will never continue.

There will be games that will be similar, but in my mind none of them will come close to what Devil May Cry was to me.

You will always have the games that you enjoyed. In a way, I can almost relate - I was a huge fan of the original Dynasty Warriors games, but have been horribly unimpressed by each game past the fourth one. However, the games that I enjoy are still there, and from time to time I do enjoy playing them (though they look horrible on my current television).

If they had actually gave the games a proper send off then I wouldn't be here saying what I'm saying now, but they didn't and never will because of this game.

Has there honestly been an official statement to the effect of "We will never work on the original branch of Devil May Cry again"? I feel like I'm missing something. This game is a branch, not a replacement, unless I have missed something very important.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#113RichterB17Posted 1/7/2013 11:39:26 PM
eco master posted...
From: KA_ME_HA_ME_HA | Posted: 1/8/2013 1:26:47 AM | #104
It's not that Richter can't literally play them anymore, it's more figurative.

How do you know that? Unless of course you want to assume he meant something that he didn't say. He could have made himself clear, or be pointlessly ambiguous. He said what he said, and if he didn't mean it, he shouldn't have said it.

It was figurative. I think most people here got that. I don't know how long you've been eco, but I've been here for quite awhile. I've been following this thing from the beginning and seeing what's happening here, devilmaycry.org, youtube, etc it kind of just all sank in you know?

There are many things that I love, things that I hold dear to, and this is one of them. Finding the Devil May Cry games was like mixing peanut butter and chocolate, I fell in love with them immediately. Those games were exactly the games I dreamed of, and to see that just gone just saddens me greatly.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#114Niyel7Posted 1/7/2013 11:43:59 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Niyel7 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

And the guy was trying to take everything at face value which got annoying. It's not that Richter can't literally play them anymore, it's more figurative.

I read both of their posts and I can see where they're coming from. They both make sense, but still I see no need to be upset over someone's opinion on a videogame :)

It's not so much his opinion on a video game, more like him putting someone else down for not wording something perfectly.

Hell, I couldn't care less about a person's opinion on a video game, or anything at all for that matter. Like I said, bad day and I wasn't fond of the way he was responding to Richter.

Well, if you look at that page, all you see is people calling him names, while all of his posts have valid reasoning and logic. The fact is, both of them have different opinions on how they see videogames (DmC staining the series) and they want to get their points across. If you didn't care about a person's opinion of a videogame, or anything at all for that matter (your words not mine) then why are you on Gamefaqs? That's pretty much the point of these forums, to share opinions and communicate with the other players. Sometimes people will be rude to each other, but by doing the same thing, you're kind of being a hypocrite. :(

There's no need to call anyone a jerk, unless he personally insults you. If you keep being "jerks" to one another, it'll just be an endless argument that wastes everybody's time. Speaking of time, I gotta go to bed.....-.-
#115RichterB17Posted 1/7/2013 11:47:31 PM(edited)
eco master posted...
Has there honestly been an official statement to the effect of "We will never work on the original branch of Devil May Cry again"? I feel like I'm missing something. This game is a branch, not a replacement, unless I have missed something very important.

It's the fact that they haven't said anything that bothers me. They have been around the bush with the subject for a long time. There has never been a clear cut answer from them and with their track record from the past couple of years I'm not sure if I can even trust them.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#116KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/7/2013 11:45:44 PM
Niyel7 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Niyel7 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Well, if you look at that page, all you see is people calling him names, while all of his posts have valid reasoning and logic. The fact is, both of them have different opinions on how they see videogames (DmC staining the series) and they want to get their points across. If you didn't care about a person's opinion of a videogame, or anything at all for that matter (your words not mine) then why are you on Gamefaqs? That's pretty much the point of these forums, to share opinions and communicate with the other players. Sometimes people will be rude to each other, but by doing the same thing, you're kind of being a hypocrite. :(

There's no need to call anyone a jerk, unless he personally insults you. If you keep being "jerks" to one another, it'll just be an endless argument that wastes everybody's time. Speaking of time, I gotta go to bed.....-.-

Yeah... I guess you're right. Sir, I commend you.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#117Niyel7Posted 1/7/2013 11:49:42 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Niyel7 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Niyel7 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Yeah... I guess you're right. Sir, I commend you.

Well I commend you too for being so nice. Anyway I REALLY have to go to bed
#118KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/7/2013 11:50:31 PM
I should go to bed too...... but internet. So yeah.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#119eco masterPosted 1/7/2013 11:55:57 PM
It was figurative. I think most people here got that. I don't know how long you've been eco, but I've been here for quite awhile. I've been following this thing from the beginning and seeing what's happening here, devilmaycry.org, youtube, etc it kind of just all sank in you know?

Perhaps some did (clearly) but I didn't, so I should apologize for that, then, and I do. I started following the game around... I want to say, perhaps November last year? The only reason I got into Devil May Cry at all was due to a sudden influx of hate topics regarding this game on the video game board of 4chan. An odd entry, but one nonetheless.

There are many things that I love, things that I hold dear to, and this is one of them. Finding the Devil May Cry games was like mixing peanut butter and chocolate, I fell in love with them immediately. Those games were exactly the games I dreamed of, and to see that just gone just saddens me greatly.

I don't really have much else to say to this in addition to what I said in my previous post - I really haven't seen anything that suggests the potential for a continuation of the original Devil May Cry series has ended.

As I'm responding to this post, I remember Duke Nukem Forever. Now THAT is a game series that I adored during my younger years (I don't know how I was allowed to play it, but I'm happy I was). Duke Nukem Forever, as many may know, was not well received, period, and honestly, it seems a lot like how people are taking DmC - they said it was the end of Duke. I don't believe that, though. It was one game, one that I bought and enjoyed, and while the game was incredibly mediocre, it was nothing more than that, definitely not the horrible game that many would lead you to believe. I just can't help but compare the two scenarios. There are so many people raising a storm because the game didn't meet their expectations, and they're treating it like a death sentence to a game series they loved.

Gearbox has since said that they plan to continue Duke Nukem, and though I have no source on hand, I'm fairly certain they said themselves that they're going to do better. I know that there's currently an issue where Tameem - who I will admit I have no idea who this person is in relation to the development of the game - saying that the game is perfect as is, and people are perceiving a lot of what he says as direct, hateful insults to Devil May Cry fans, but when I browse these forums and see not only hate for the game, but hate for people who are looking forward to the game (Say that you're so much as indifferent to the game on 4chan, and you're immediately accused of being Tameem himself), I can't help but figure that he has two options - tell people they are overreacting, or say nothing at all. At least by responding, he's expressing that he is aware of the game's reputation. It could absolutely be worse.

As for the possible continuation of the original branch, I still haven't seen anything suggesting that the branch is done for good, so there's always going to be a possibility until that is said. If I've missed a statement regarding this, then I'll absolutely acknowledge that.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#120AnderjakPosted 1/7/2013 11:59:34 PM
The game's not even out yet.

I feel like that really needs to be said on occasion, because I think everyone knows that, yet still bases their assumptions about the game on the assertion that they already have factual evidence the entire game is terrible.

I don't know. I've been playing the series since the beginning. DMC fans have been petty for years. Some guides refer to Dante in DMC2 as "Bob." Which I find kind of funny, because even when a lot of fans have an original storyline DMC, they still try to say it killed the series. They're all fun games, but I've always been amazed at the following it's gotten, when the series has been kind of torn apart by fans. It's like... We got one game that hasn't aged well, one series that no one was really allowed to acknowledge for the longest time, one FANTASTIC game, and one game that really coulda been better but had its fair share of design flaws. And somehow now it's become the holy grail sorta series.

Then again, this always happens. Any time a series suffers itself a reboot or continuity branch, people are quick to defend the original content as sacred, that rarely anything bad happened, and it was all wonderful and good gaming is now dead. Sometimes the reboot really sucks, sure, but I still get confused by the mentality. It's a game. If DmC: Devil May Cry fails absolutely, it'll just get handed off to another developer because Capcom doesn't often shelve a series forever, unless it really is just no longer relevant.

I think the new DmC is fun, from what I've played. I'm excited to play, because I like Ninja Theory's method of storytelling, and I think the gameplay is largely in line with what the series has presented up to this point. There are a lot of aesthetic niceties I enjoy in it, and combat's really satisfying to me. If it turns out to be a terrible game, I will acknowledge that, but I'm not gonna pretend like it being bad's gonna ruin anything but its own self.

People are just protective of something they love and they fear what they can't immediately recognize. People naturally get worried. They worry their baby is gonna die because of this newcomer, this wolf in sheep's clothing. Nine times out of ten, it's harmless -- I mean, Bomberman Act Zero didn't kill Bomberman. (It might have helped kill Hudson Soft, but...) And, hell, Sonic 06 didn't kill Sonic. Shadow the Hedgehog didn't kill Sonic.

Shadow the Hedgehog, the video game where Sega went, "yeah, no, let's give the cute hedgehogs that run fast a bunch of guns and vehicles and have him possibly straight-up murder the villain, happened, and Sonic is still around.

Hell, if DMC were so easy to kill, we wouldn't have gotten DMC 3.

Just sayin', guys. Nothin's dead yet. Let it happen, because it's already A Thing. See if it actually pans out, or if it crashes and burns. Because it sure as heck won't do any more to damage the franchise than has already been done. I mean, what's worse? A reboot that kills a franchise, or an entry into the old canon that kills a franchise? Just... Just think about that for a bit.
---
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.