I feel like I'm the only DMC Veteran that loves this game

#121eco masterPosted 1/8/2013 12:06:49 AM
It's the fact that they haven't said anything that bothers me. They have been around the bush with the subject for a long time. There has never been a clear cut answer from them and with their track record from the past couple of years I'm not sure if I can even trust them.

That's what I imagined has been happening, but think about this - right now, NT/Capcom is working on DmC. They need to focus on that, or else the result will be an honest-to-goodness half-assed game. The least they can do right now with their project is make it playable, and to people who are looking forward to the game, that's very important. They've already started work, and people do want this game, so they need to see it through right now.

Give the game time to sink in, let people play it, and wait until real feedback can be formed and sent in. I understand that the game is a big departure from the original branch, but since the beginning from what I can see, that has been apparent - no secrets, no back-stabbing. This has been a reboot for a while now.

When this game is on shelves and has had time to be played by people, NT/Capcom can then shift their focus on what to do next. I'm absolutely certain that they've heard (too much) that people want a continuation of the original branch. Perhaps they will then be able to consider how to approach that.

But as a result of this massive outcry, how will they know if they can even make a game that meets these expectations? Is it possible? What if Dante's head is... I dunno, not shaped exactly like his head from previous games? Point here is, NT/Capcom can't re-make the existing games, because that would be senseless. There would have to be new gameplay mechanics, and undoubtedly some would have to go in place of new mechanics, or at least be altered to work well with the new parts. They have to work on a plot that is unfinished and is right now, uncharted territory. Once they develop these things internally, we're going to hear about them, most likely at a stage where they have to stick with most if not all of their current work. Who's to say people will be satisfied? What if they get the exact same reaction?

I'm certain that a continuation of the original Devil May Cry is a possibility. What I'm curious of is, would it be smarter to stick to the new series, where at least they now have a base and can work with, or should they risk trying to meet the expectations of those with (I would say) very strict expectations?
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#122RichterB17Posted 1/8/2013 12:42:50 AM(edited)
eco master posted...

I don't really have much else to say to this in addition to what I said in my previous post - I really haven't seen anything that suggests the potential for a continuation of the original Devil May Cry series has ended.

As I'm responding to this post, I remember Duke Nukem Forever. Now THAT is a game series that I adored during my younger years (I don't know how I was allowed to play it, but I'm happy I was). Duke Nukem Forever, as many may know, was not well received, period, and honestly, it seems a lot like how people are taking DmC - they said it was the end of Duke. I don't believe that, though. It was one game, one that I bought and enjoyed, and while the game was incredibly mediocre, it was nothing more than that, definitely not the horrible game that many would lead you to believe. I just can't help but compare the two scenarios. There are so many people raising a storm because the game didn't meet their expectations, and they're treating it like a death sentence to a game series they loved.

Gearbox has since said that they plan to continue Duke Nukem, and though I have no source on hand, I'm fairly certain they said themselves that they're going to do better. I know that there's currently an issue where Tameem - who I will admit I have no idea who this person is in relation to the development of the game - saying that the game is perfect as is, and people are perceiving a lot of what he says as direct, hateful insults to Devil May Cry fans, but when I browse these forums and see not only hate for the game, but hate for people who are looking forward to the game (Say that you're so much as indifferent to the game on 4chan, and you're immediately accused of being Tameem himself), I can't help but figure that he has two options - tell people they are overreacting, or say nothing at all. At least by responding, he's expressing that he is aware of the game's reputation. It could absolutely be worse.

As for the possible continuation of the original branch, I still haven't seen anything suggesting that the branch is done for good, so there's always going to be a possibility until that is said. If I've missed a statement regarding this, then I'll absolutely acknowledge that.

Well at heart I'm a very cynical person and Capcom has tricked me before. You know the story about Megaman Legends 3 or SFxTK right? Those things really made me look at Capcom differently and I've lost trust in them.

If Capcom had handled this like Hideo Kojima did with Rising by assuring their fans that the game is not a replacement then I would not have a problem with DmC. Right not things just look very bleak for the originals.

I think I'm done talking on this board today. I'm so tired but I'm glad I got out some things that were building up inside.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#123ksubzero666Posted 1/8/2013 12:38:15 AM
? Buddy, I got SSS on first try, both systems, already pre ordered 360, PS3 and Pc long time. Btw, this DMC is seriously easy, doesn't matter what mode I play, SSS.
---
Xbox 360 Live Gamertag: MASTA SPARDA
PSN: KSUBZERO_DRAGON / 3DS: 4081-6253-1567
#124ksubzero666Posted 1/8/2013 12:39:15 AM
RichterB17, I major AGREE!
---
Xbox 360 Live Gamertag: MASTA SPARDA
PSN: KSUBZERO_DRAGON / 3DS: 4081-6253-1567
#125eco masterPosted 1/8/2013 12:40:15 AM
Well at heart I'm a very cynical person and Capcom has tricked me before. You know the story about Megaman Legends 3 or SFxTK right? Those things really made me look at Capcom differently and I've lost trust in them.

If Capcom had handled this like Hideo Kojima did with Rising by assuring their fans that the game is not a replacement then I would not have a problem with DmC. Right not things just look very bleak for the originals.

And that's understandable - at least with Duke, I feel reassured that there'll be more quality content coming out. Gearbox seems like they have more sensible individuals in their rankings, so to speak. And I'm aware of the two scenarios you mention.

Being wary of the future is definitely only human, but I myself see no reason to claim the end is coming when, in fact, the end isn't coming quite yet. I would love another game from the main branch, but I'm also very interested in the new branch at the same time. I plan to take it for what it is, and until I see something certain regarding the original branch, I'm going to keep an open mind.
---
#126KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/8/2013 12:48:40 AM
eco master posted...

And that's understandable - at least with Duke, I feel reassured that there'll be more quality content coming out. Gearbox seems like they have more sensible individuals in their rankings, so to speak. And I'm aware of the two scenarios you mention.

Being wary of the future is definitely only human, but I myself see no reason to claim the end is coming when, in fact, the end isn't coming quite yet. I would love another game from the main branch, but I'm also very interested in the new branch at the same time. I plan to take it for what it is, and until I see something certain regarding the original branch, I'm going to keep an open mind.

Sir, I'd like to apologize for calling you a jerk. I'd also like to commend your sensibility and patience.

Unfortunately, Capcom has screwed me over one too many times and I can't have the same optimism. So, while I don't mind you liking this game, I can't just accept it for what it is just yet. When/if Capcom announces DMC5, I'll leave this board and never say another bad thing about DmC.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#127RichterB17Posted 1/8/2013 12:49:09 AM
eco master posted...

Gearbox is a good company and I can totally see them doing another Duke Nukem. That whole situation with Forever was messed up anyway. The constant delays and what not, there's only so much you could do with a game that's gone through development hell like that.

Anyway, I see what you are saying and I wish I had an open mind like you, but I just can't right now.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#128eco masterPosted 1/8/2013 12:55:52 AM
It really feels like we've said what there is to be said in this line of conversation. I agree that Capcom is definitely a company of questionable reliability (I still don't have an English copy of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in my hands, nor any clear indication that such is a possibility), but I believe that all of this hatred towards Capcom should be aimed directly at Capcom, not at other users on message boards across the Internet. Would they say anything? Probably not, and that's why people begin openly complaining - some people seem to just need an outlet, and want to hold onto the belief that if they won't listen to direct conversation, indirect conversation will make it through.

Of course, who am I to say it won't work? I don't have that authority, but if it has to happen this way, I wish people didn't have to antagonize others. I mean, the bit of us just had a sensible discussion over our opinions, and while I started off a little bit agitated, I think for the most part there wasn't any dramatic angry keyboard-smashing.

I don't want to be just a dreamer, is all :(
---
#129RichterB17Posted 1/8/2013 1:16:37 AM
eco master posted...
It really feels like we've said what there is to be said in this line of conversation. I agree that Capcom is definitely a company of questionable reliability (I still don't have an English copy of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in my hands, nor any clear indication that such is a possibility), but I believe that all of this hatred towards Capcom should be aimed directly at Capcom, not at other users on message boards across the Internet. Would they say anything? Probably not, and that's why people begin openly complaining - some people seem to just need an outlet, and want to hold onto the belief that if they won't listen to direct conversation, indirect conversation will make it through.

Of course, who am I to say it won't work? I don't have that authority, but if it has to happen this way, I wish people didn't have to antagonize others. I mean, the bit of us just had a sensible discussion over our opinions, and while I started off a little bit agitated, I think for the most part there wasn't any dramatic angry keyboard-smashing.

I don't want to be just a dreamer, is all :(

I do want to say that what I initially said did come off as a bit harsh, and I want to apologize for it. I am glad we got a real conversation from though. You don't get many of that here.
---
#130TheBatman91Posted 1/8/2013 1:25:00 AM
OP you're clearly not alone, just let the whiners cry in the dark to their old Dante pinups while we enjoy the game.
---
Demon/Dark souls > FFXIII/XIII-2.