I feel like I'm the only DMC Veteran that loves this game

#131sillycatstevenPosted 1/8/2013 2:43:59 AM
TheBatman91 posted...
OP you're clearly not alone, just let the whiners cry in the dark to their old Dante pinups while we enjoy the game.

for your sake, i really hope you do enjoy DmC and that us "whiners" are proven wrong. it'll restore my faith in the current gaming industry.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#132DaGr1nChPosted 1/8/2013 2:59:48 AM
Anderjak posted...
The game's not even out yet.

I feel like that really needs to be said on occasion, because I think everyone knows that, yet still bases their assumptions about the game on the assertion that they already have factual evidence the entire game is terrible.

I don't know. I've been playing the series since the beginning. DMC fans have been petty for years. Some guides refer to Dante in DMC2 as "Bob." Which I find kind of funny, because even when a lot of fans have an original storyline DMC, they still try to say it killed the series. They're all fun games, but I've always been amazed at the following it's gotten, when the series has been kind of torn apart by fans. It's like... We got one game that hasn't aged well, one series that no one was really allowed to acknowledge for the longest time, one FANTASTIC game, and one game that really coulda been better but had its fair share of design flaws. And somehow now it's become the holy grail sorta series.

Then again, this always happens. Any time a series suffers itself a reboot or continuity branch, people are quick to defend the original content as sacred, that rarely anything bad happened, and it was all wonderful and good gaming is now dead. Sometimes the reboot really sucks, sure, but I still get confused by the mentality. It's a game. If DmC: Devil May Cry fails absolutely, it'll just get handed off to another developer because Capcom doesn't often shelve a series forever, unless it really is just no longer relevant.

I think the new DmC is fun, from what I've played. I'm excited to play, because I like Ninja Theory's method of storytelling, and I think the gameplay is largely in line with what the series has presented up to this point. There are a lot of aesthetic niceties I enjoy in it, and combat's really satisfying to me. If it turns out to be a terrible game, I will acknowledge that, but I'm not gonna pretend like it being bad's gonna ruin anything but its own self.

People are just protective of something they love and they fear what they can't immediately recognize. People naturally get worried. They worry their baby is gonna die because of this newcomer, this wolf in sheep's clothing. Nine times out of ten, it's harmless -- I mean, Bomberman Act Zero didn't kill Bomberman. (It might have helped kill Hudson Soft, but...) And, hell, Sonic 06 didn't kill Sonic. Shadow the Hedgehog didn't kill Sonic.

Shadow the Hedgehog, the video game where Sega went, "yeah, no, let's give the cute hedgehogs that run fast a bunch of guns and vehicles and have him possibly straight-up murder the villain, happened, and Sonic is still around.

Hell, if DMC were so easy to kill, we wouldn't have gotten DMC 3.

Just sayin', guys. Nothin's dead yet. Let it happen, because it's already A Thing. See if it actually pans out, or if it crashes and burns. Because it sure as heck won't do any more to damage the franchise than has already been done. I mean, what's worse? A reboot that kills a franchise, or an entry into the old canon that kills a franchise? Just... Just think about that for a bit.

This is the best post in this thread. I could not have said it better myself. DmC 2 was absolute garbage. I don't even consider a good hack and slash game let alone a good DmC game. IF DmC 2 did not ruin this series, why do people insist that this game will be the one to do it.
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden
#133Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/8/2013 3:04:48 AM
IF DmC 2 did not ruin this series, why do people insist that this game will be the one to do it.

A number of reasons.

- The series was barely established when DMC2 came out
- It was still made by an internal Capcom studio, albeit a different one
- It was still the same Dante, and the game was pretty much true to the aesthetics of the original
- Capcom was a much better company back then and actually listened to their fans, so they fixed all the problems with DMC3 instead of making them worse
#134QCTeamkillPosted 1/8/2013 6:16:11 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
Well I'm glad I'm not alone liking this game. Topic was suprisingly positive, mostly.

But TC should close it now while it's beautiful, it's going to get ugly, soon.

LE SIGH.

Well someone fed a mogwai past midnight.

Anyway it just confirms what I was thinking: silent pro majority, vocal anti minority.
#135duds745Posted 1/8/2013 7:50:24 AM
Been into DMC since the trailer from E3 2001.
The music, the juggling, the vibe, the style...
It all sunk into my brain as being the next best thing to X-Men vs. Street Fighter.

Passed through Lucia May Cry 1.
Shed a manly tear of awesomeness when did my SSS Royal Guard run on DMD, no damage in Dante x Vergil 1.
And got upset at Nero but he grew on me on Why not Dante? 1
And got upset at Dino but he grew on me on Why not Dante? 2.

Playing the demo for 3 days, can't let go of it.
Just hope there're enemies who can escape the air combos and make you go after them in the to continue, like in DMC3/4, which the air game was designed as such, but it evolved so much, and let's be real, the DEVs didn't expect the kind of thinks we players were doing.
I only hope this game wasn't TOO designed. Leaving things in the game can be good, unless it's a bug.

So, yeah, I like it. Love, like with DMC1 and DMC3? I guess I'll have to play, first. I wanted the DMC enemies to be more like in DMC1/Ninja Gaiden: not give many visual tips, sound cues to when they're attacking...
#136Japanese_JadePosted 1/8/2013 8:35:01 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
There's a lot of entitlement in this topic.

^^This

FireMage7777 posted...
It still stains the SERIES. Pls obtain clue

Isn't DMC2 a stain in the series already? And for like about half the fanbase, DMC4?
So uh...at this point, DmC would be a stain...on a dirty rag.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#137Nisa20Posted 1/8/2013 8:37:42 AM
Japanese_Jade posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
There's a lot of entitlement in this topic.

^^This

FireMage7777 posted...

Isn't DMC2 a stain in the series already? And for like about half the fanbase, DMC4?

Yeah but you're forgetting that DMC came from Japanese dev's so it's okay.
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#138sillycatstevenPosted 1/8/2013 9:02:53 AM
Nisa20 posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Yeah but you're forgetting that DMC came from Japanese dev's so it's okay.

actually... no... the most important reason is actually: DMC2 didn't change the hair color. [/sarcasm]

why don't people bother reading.... Dersu_Uzala pretty much said it all. all the important points anyway.

Dersu_Uzala posted...
A number of reasons.

- The series was barely established when DMC2 came out
- It was still made by an internal Capcom studio, albeit a different one
- It was still the same Dante, and the game was pretty much true to the aesthetics of the original
- Capcom was a much better company back then and actually listened to their fans, so they fixed all the problems with DMC3 instead of making them worse

QCTeamkill posted...
Anyway it just confirms what I was thinking: silent pro majority, vocal anti minority.

what about the people who took one look at the game and just walked away and never bothered to voice their dismay or visit any DmC related boards or discussion? are you aware that researches have shown that most people have the tendency of NOT voicing their bad consumer experiences right? this is esp true if there was no monetary losses. this is actually a big problem for businesses because they want to improve their products/services but most people don't give them feed backs.... well a problem for MOST businesses....
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#139Raziel2112Posted 1/8/2013 9:07:58 AM
PrettyBoyMarth posted...
I've been playing the demo non stop for the past week. The gameplay feels good and I'm discovering new combo potential each time I play. It retains DMC's gameplay/feels like DMC yet at the same time It's different.

While you guys argue about this game I'm gonna be enjoying the s*** out of it come next week.

Yeah I like it too - and if there is a Bloody Palace I will like it even more...
#140KyryloPosted 1/8/2013 9:16:28 AM
Raziel2112 posted...
PrettyBoyMarth posted...
I've been playing the demo non stop for the past week. The gameplay feels good and I'm discovering new combo potential each time I play. It retains DMC's gameplay/feels like DMC yet at the same time It's different.

While you guys argue about this game I'm gonna be enjoying the s*** out of it come next week.

Yeah I like it too - and if there is a Bloody Palace I will like it even more...

you will get it for 20 $ on DLC.