I feel like I'm the only DMC Veteran that loves this game

#141ColonelChikenPosted 1/8/2013 9:35:48 AM
Raziel2112 posted...
Yeah I like it too - and if there is a Bloody Palace I will like it even more...

I've got some bad news for you then....

Anywho, your not the only one who likes the game TC. It'd be stupid to think this game doesn't have fans, no matter what their gaming background. I personally don't like what it stands for, but I'm not mad at the game itself, moreso at it's developer and publisher.
#142AnderjakPosted 1/8/2013 10:12:40 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
IF DmC 2 did not ruin this series, why do people insist that this game will be the one to do it.

A number of reasons.

- The series was barely established when DMC2 came out
- It was still made by an internal Capcom studio, albeit a different one
- It was still the same Dante, and the game was pretty much true to the aesthetics of the original
- Capcom was a much better company back then and actually listened to their fans, so they fixed all the problems with DMC3 instead of making them worse

Ehhhh, we're quick to forget a lot of the crap that Capcom put out. Final Fight Streetwise, Capcom Fighting Evolution -- and those were partially BECAUSE Capcom listened to the fans.

A good number of series have suffered through and survived a terrible reboot, sometimes even when the reboot was internally made. This one's not really gonna be any different. I'm still not seeing a bunch of proof positive that DmC will be the death knell.

I mean, maybe you don't remember the reaction to DMC4. It wasn't anywhere near as volatile as DMC2, but people were pretty much assuming things were done with, that DMC5 would be something of a miracle by that point. It just felt like a shallow follow-up to DMC3 at that point, that they hadn't really focused on a lot of the aspects -- aesthetic and combat included! -- that made DMC3 so engaging. (I mean, I dug it, but I can be sold on good boss battles and solid core combat and little else if I have to.)
---
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.
#143Mista_KlutchPosted 1/8/2013 10:31:25 AM
I wouldn't necessarily call myself a veteran, but I played some of the first Devil May Cry, and LOVED DMC 4. Specifically Dante with his 6 trillion moves, styles, combos, etc.

The only things that I really don't like in DmC are Dante's devil trigger (it looks......meh), his lack of style changing (which, to me, is a huge chunk of gameplay and fun missing) and the dialogue. The DT and dialogue are things I will either overlook or get passed, eventually. But the different styles being gone really, really sting.

With all of that said, in general, I like what I've seen and experienced concerning DmC. I'll probably buy it at some point.
---
M |_| S I C < ==> L | F E
"Klutch, you're an *******." - iSomeAssault
#144Topkick1975Posted 1/8/2013 10:36:20 AM
No, not alone.
I don't think they needed to reboot the series at all, but I enjoyed the demo and am looking forward to the 15th.
#145ABadNuffDudePosted 1/8/2013 10:41:17 AM
ColonelChiken posted...
Raziel2112 posted...
Yeah I like it too - and if there is a Bloody Palace I will like it even more...

Did they confirm there won't be a Bloody Palace mode? Cause that would suck.
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#146NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/8/2013 10:44:48 AM
RichterB17 posted...
HellsController posted...
RichterB17 posted...
Super_Shot4006 posted...
Richter, chill out. It's a game. The only people that are truly gonna let this series die are whiny antis like you. Get over it and give this game a chance.

You are right, you are very much right. The Devil May Cry I loved is dead and I just have to accept it. This series... gaming really it's just not for me anymore. I've been just bored of everything from this generation of games and Devil May Cry was one of the very few things I still liked, but it's over now.

I've grown to accept over the past couple of days that this game might actually sell well. And it's going to be praised to hell and back.

But on the bright side, I started replaying DMC3 recently. Hell of a bright side, right?

Me too and I tried to take people's advice and just forget about DmC and just play the old games, but I can't. The more I play the more I constantly think about DmC and what NT/Capcom/ anyone who buys the game has done to the series and it bothers me. Maybe after a few months have passed maybe I can enjoy it again, but right now I just can't.

Try not to be too sad about it, Richter. Maybe one day, Capcom will make a DMC 5 and Dante's adventures will still continue. Watching Dante cutscenes might cheer you a little. I don't know if you're into DMC RPG on forums, but playing in one of those might cheer you up. DMC fanfictions are also good for giving you a good laugh.
---
Newer isn't always better.
#147QCTeamkillPosted 1/8/2013 10:45:41 AM
ABadNuffDude posted...
ColonelChiken posted...
Raziel2112 posted...

In the live chat at capcom-unity they just evaded the question. It's not in the trophy list. Theres a training mode we've seen though.
#148ColonelChikenPosted 1/8/2013 10:50:56 AM
ABadNuffDude posted...
ColonelChiken posted...
Raziel2112 posted...

According to someone who had gotten the game early, there is no BP. I got the info from NeoGAF.

I know we shouldn't take leaks seriously, but come on now. They would've shown BP already to try and get more people interested.
#149ABadNuffDudePosted 1/8/2013 11:00:24 AM(edited)
QCTeamkill posted...
ABadNuffDude posted...
ColonelChiken posted...
Raziel2112 posted...

In the live chat at capcom-unity they just evaded the question. It's not in the trophy list. Theres a training mode we've seen though.

Yeah if it's in there should probably be at the least 1 trophy for it...
Guess this doesn't 100% confirm its absence though but it is disheartening and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it ends up as purchaseable on-disc DLC or some crap :(

[EDIT]: Your post wasn't there when I started sorry.
QCTeamkill posted...
According to someone who had gotten the game early, there is no BP. I got the info from NeoGAF.

I know we shouldn't take leaks seriously, but come on now. They would've shown BP already to try and get more people interested.

Even more disheartening...
And I generally take leaks from this game alittle more seriously than usual since quite a few that sounded way more ridiculous then this have been proven true.

If there isn't a BP I wonder what excuse they'll give for something like that? I dunno looking at it from the outside it honestly just seems like laziness.
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#150hoagie727Posted 1/8/2013 11:03:35 AM
I have a feeling they will put out a BP with Vergil and Dante playable for DLC.

Some things that would be nice.

Random enemy spawns for some floors.
Online co-op with new attacks that let the players work together (jackpot)
No Timer
Sessions recorded and you can save them and post them if wanted.
New weapons.