I feel like I'm the only DMC Veteran that loves this game

#31SandOnMyBootPosted 1/7/2013 8:46:53 PM
EntropyZero posted...
Well i know some people who loves dragonball evolution and they are dbz fans.

Pretty bizzare but whatever floats their boat
#32willm_360Posted 1/7/2013 8:47:48 PM
Loving it, going to buy it and going to tell all the lovely productive open minded people here how wonderful it is. Also a veteran.
---
Undefeated
#33TaizukuPosted 1/7/2013 8:52:07 PM
DiaNim posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Guess that makes me Simon. lol

The wimpy kid? (Well he does man up in the end >_>)

The real question: who is Kamina?

Clearly me. If you rearrange the letters in 'Taizuku' and believe hard enough, you can spell Kamina!

Zatikuu: See Yoko? All you have to do in believe in your inner strength!
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#34sillycatstevenPosted 1/7/2013 8:53:30 PM
Boudii posted...
A DMC vet? yeah right. If you are a DMC vet then why the **** would you support this piece of **** of a game? it has nothing to do with DMC, its very existence offends me. If you really were a DMC vet you would feel the same.

I will enjoy myself greatly when this game flops so hard and is quickly forgotten knowing people like you actually paid money for it. lmao.

even though he was a bit rude, the underlying question is what i've always wondered about. why do some DMC Vets still like the new DmC, when they have removed the soul of DMC?

for me, the reason i became a DMC fan was not just because of the combat. if i want a similar experience, there are also other good quality H&S games out there.
the reason i'm a DMC fan is due to the unorthodox, hilarious and often cheesy dialogue, the strangely wonderful mix of the Demonic and Human (just like Dante) and a semi-decent story in combination with the fun and stylish combat. but the new DmC took away most of these reasons, leaving only the combat, which they also toned down. in another words, NT turned DmC into "just another" H&S. in fact, if they didn't have the Living city idea, which wasn't done that well either, there's nothing special about it.

So i've always wondered, why do some DMC Vets still like the new DmC, when they have removed the soul of DMC? or does DMC Vets and DMC Fans have some subtle differences in meaning?
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#35TaizukuPosted 1/7/2013 8:56:20 PM
sillycatsteven posted...
Boudii posted...
A DMC vet? yeah right. If you are a DMC vet then why the **** would you support this piece of **** of a game? it has nothing to do with DMC, its very existence offends me. If you really were a DMC vet you would feel the same.

I will enjoy myself greatly when this game flops so hard and is quickly forgotten knowing people like you actually paid money for it. lmao.

even though he was a bit rude, the underlying question is what i've always wondered about. why do some DMC Vets still like the new DmC, when they have removed the soul of DMC?

for me, the reason i became a DMC fan was not just because of the combat. if i want a similar experience, there are also other good quality H&S games out there.
the reason i'm a DMC fan is due to the unorthodox, hilarious and often cheesy dialogue, the strangely wonderful mix of the Demonic and Human (just like Dante) and a semi-decent story in combination with the fun and stylish combat. but the new DmC took away most of these reasons, leaving only the combat, which they also toned down. in another words, NT turned DmC into "just another" H&S. in fact, if they didn't have the Living city idea, which wasn't done that well either, there's nothing special about it.

So i've always wondered, why do some DMC Vets still like the new DmC, when they have removed the soul of DMC? or does DMC Vets and DMC Fans have some subtle differences in meaning?

Because not everyone treats video games as part of their flesh.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#36goldendrigerPosted 1/7/2013 9:01:32 PM
To me, this DmC is the same at the new Resident evils.

Its a TERRIBLE Devil May Cry game, good action game. I still dont get why they didnt call it something else, drag in a new audience, no expectations, no fans getting upset, no spazzy backlash...
#37The_DespairPosted 1/7/2013 9:29:30 PM
*Raise hand*

A really great fan of the series, one of my favorite of all time. Can't wait to play the full game after I got amazed by the demo!
#38GeoboiPosted 1/7/2013 9:34:13 PM
"even though he was a bit rude, the underlying question is what i've always wondered about. why do some DMC Vets still like the new DmC, when they have removed the soul of DMC?

So i've always wondered, why do some DMC Vets still like the new DmC, when they have removed the soul of DMC? or does DMC Vets and DMC Fans have some subtle differences in meaning?"

- I too am a DMC fan however I'm not gonna excuse Capcom anymore for their atrocious story telling, corny dialogue and lazy writing. Okay I can excuse DMC1 b/c it was the first game and technology was somewhat limited but nowadays w/ technology being upgraded, games are becoming more and more cinematic and complex in their story telling HOWEVER the DMC series is still is sorely lacking in the story department. I wish Capcom actually put some effort into developing Dante and his life story...make him feel like a real character and not just some cheeseball who sometimes has a few badass scenes here and there. I've watched too many animes and I'm sick of that character archetype.

DMC3 was definitely the best b/c it had some sort of coherent story to it w/ cutscenes. Evenso to me, when I think of the DMC series, I think of the gameplay, not so much the story....BUT I always thought, I wish DMC also had a good story too to match it's awesome gameplay. There's always that "What if" feeling...I was very hopeful w/ DMC4 however DMC4's story was so laughably bad and absent that even the great gameplay couldn't save it for me. I beat it only 2 times and now it's collecting dust...there's just no reason to go back to it. That's when I realized that I want an "actual" story in the next installment of DMC....DmC looks to be what I'm looking for. If the gameplay takes a bit of a dive for there to be an actual story w/ actual character depth and progession, hey I'm all for it b/c the old DMC games weren't cutting it in that department. The way I see it, the combat is still insanely fun and I still feel like Dante. Plus his look and even his voice is starting to rub off on me....
#39eco masterPosted 1/7/2013 9:39:01 PM
why do some DMC Vets still like the new DmC, when they have removed the soul of DMC?

It's a hack and slash with combos, ratings, upgrades, and multiple weapons.

I think the soul is absolutely safe. The flesh looks different, but the underlying soul with unmistakeably Devil May Cry.

I haven't pre-ordered it yet, as I want to hear from players on the retail PS3 version regarding frame rate, but I will be buying it the week of release, for sure. I've only recently gotten into Devil May Cry, but I do hope playing through all the games on almost all difficulties means something. I love the series, and I enjoyed what I played in the demo, and I'm interested in seeing where the plot goes (which I think counts as something as the rest of the plots (except for the first one - still my favorite DMC game as well) ).
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#40FireMage7777Posted 1/7/2013 9:45:15 PM
EntropyZero posted...
Well i know some people who loves dragonball evolution and they are dbz fans.

Pretty bizzare but whatever floats their boat

If anyone likes DB:E there's a problem
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*