I feel like I'm the only DMC Veteran that loves this game

#41NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/7/2013 9:45:32 PM
I really can't say that I'm a fan of this game, but I'm certainly not going to hinder or bash anyone that does like this game.
---
Newer isn't always better.
#42JELIFISH19Posted 1/7/2013 9:48:30 PM
sillycatsteven posted...
Boudii posted...
A DMC vet? yeah right. If you are a DMC vet then why the **** would you support this piece of **** of a game? it has nothing to do with DMC, its very existence offends me. If you really were a DMC vet you would feel the same.

I will enjoy myself greatly when this game flops so hard and is quickly forgotten knowing people like you actually paid money for it. lmao.

even though he was a bit rude, the underlying question is what i've always wondered about. why do some DMC Vets still like the new DmC, when they have removed the soul of DMC?

for me, the reason i became a DMC fan was not just because of the combat. if i want a similar experience, there are also other good quality H&S games out there.
the reason i'm a DMC fan is due to the unorthodox, hilarious and often cheesy dialogue, the strangely wonderful mix of the Demonic and Human (just like Dante) and a semi-decent story in combination with the fun and stylish combat. but the new DmC took away most of these reasons, leaving only the combat, which they also toned down. in another words, NT turned DmC into "just another" H&S. in fact, if they didn't have the Living city idea, which wasn't done that well either, there's nothing special about it.

So i've always wondered, why do some DMC Vets still like the new DmC, when they have removed the soul of DMC? or does DMC Vets and DMC Fans have some subtle differences in meaning?

I don't know if I would call myself a vet but the original DMC was one of my favorite games of all time and I beat it a few times back in the day. I feel like the sequels lost the magic of the first. Everything about the first was great. The combat was probably it's weakest point but everything else about it was utterly fantastic. While the other ones may have improved combat, I feel like they didn't keep anything that made the original so special and a joy to play through. I feel like the soul of DMC was lost in DMC2-4. DMC1 was a great game. But DMC3 and 4 were only good h&s games. DMC1 wasn't about being over the top or cheesy. It wasn't even funny. Dante was more about getting from point a to point b. He was efficient and powerful like he had purpose. That's what made him cool and badass.

I feel like DmC is going back the roots of what made DMC1 great. It wasn't about the combat, it was about solving a puzzle and experiencing the adventure. As a player, you were thinking about where to go next and you were excited to see what you would experience next, whether it be a new environment or a crazy new enemy. DMC1 was about the journey and that's what DmC seems to be about. But people seem to think that the series is defined by DMC3 where you don't even open a door for the first few missions. You just fight arena battles. But DMC1 is still the highest rated DMC to date so I must not be the only one who thinks the sequels were missing something.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
SSF4AE + BBCS2 + UMvC3 + MK = Life - Waiting desperately for Skullgirls
#43sillycatstevenPosted 1/7/2013 9:48:59 PM
Taizuku posted...
Because not everyone treats video games as part of their flesh.

i thought that's the meaning of being a Fan??

eco master posted...
It's a hack and slash with combos, ratings, upgrades, and multiple weapons.

I think the soul is absolutely safe. The flesh looks different, but the underlying soul with unmistakeably Devil May Cry.

what about the "unorthodox, hilarious and often cheesy dialogue, the strangely wonderful mix of the Demonic and Human (just like Dante) and a semi-decent story...."
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#44eco masterPosted 1/7/2013 9:52:24 PM
Soul. Not flesh. Gameplay. Not aesthetics.

Nothing about the DMC games' dialogue was unorthodox, and DmC is even cheesier. "Strangely wonderful mix of the Demonic and Human" doesn't even make sense.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#45YoungGganonPosted 1/7/2013 10:01:32 PM
You're such a liar. I enjoyed this game, I still think it's a step down from the others, but I enjoyed it too. You aren't the only one, but one of the silent ones. Don't worry, I've got your back XD
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#46RichterB17Posted 1/7/2013 10:11:24 PM
I'm not going to bash anyone for liking it, but if you are buying DmC take a knife and just proceed to stab your DMC1 box repeatedly because that is what you are doing to series.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#47eco masterPosted 1/7/2013 10:17:07 PM(edited)
I'm not going to bash anyone for liking it, but if you are buying DmC take a knife and just proceed to stab your DMC1 box repeatedly because that is what you are doing to series.

What the actual **** are you talking about?

Like, you're saying that buying this game is killing a game that doesn't generate revenue anymore, and is thus already effectively dead. And by not buying this game, you essentially say "No, I do not want a Devil May Cry game." Because, believe it or not, this is a Devil May Cry game.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#48FireMage7777Posted 1/7/2013 10:17:17 PM
eco master posted...

What the actual **** are you talking about?

DmC is killing the franchise...I thought it was obvious...
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#49Superskull60Posted 1/7/2013 10:35:40 PM
im a dmc veteran that loves this game i think some fans just need to take a chill pill.
---
PSN: Superskull69 XBL:Superskull69
#50RagirothPosted 1/7/2013 10:54:42 PM
I've played and beaten every DMC, and I like this game. Love? Eh maybe not, but that could change.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth