I feel like I'm the only DMC Veteran that loves this game

#51prestodanielPosted 1/7/2013 10:04:26 PM
I see DMC 3 as the best game of its generation. and this new DmC still has me hyped like hell. the days go by so long the closer it gets to release.
#52btmudd28Posted 1/7/2013 10:06:19 PM(edited)
Been with the series since I first got my PS2 when was 12 back in 2002. Always been a huge Dante and DMC fan so initially, I was extremely put off by the reboot (as evidenced by my still unchanged signature). Sure the hair threw me off, along with other aspects of the redesign, but the cheeseball Dante wasn't there anymore, and that is the Dante I had grown so fond of.

However as time passed and more and more trailers and gameplays were released, I have grown to appreciate what this for what it is. Someone mentioned being tired of the goofball anime archetype and I am right there along with him. This Dante has definitely grown on me and I think the game is an absolute blast. Can't wait for the 15th!
---
R.I.P. Dante Sparda (2001-2010)
#53RichterB17Posted 1/7/2013 10:05:41 PM
eco master posted...
I'm not going to bash anyone for liking it, but if you are buying DmC take a knife and just proceed to stab your DMC1 box repeatedly because that is what you are doing to series.

What the actual **** are you talking about?

Like, you're saying that buying this game is killing a game that doesn't generate revenue anymore, and is thus already effectively dead. And by not buying this game, you essentially say "No, I do not want a Devil May Cry game." Because, believe it or not, this is a Devil May Cry game.

You are killing the franchise. Once you buy that copy of DmC you might as well just take all your copies of Devil May Cry 1,2, 3, & 4, burn them, and piss on their ashes. Honestly, I'm disappointed in a lot of you some people I knew were getting it, but some were a surprise. The game is of lower quality than the past games FACT, because of this game you will never see Classic Dante again and if you are okay with that then you should have no problem with me reminding you of the consequences of your actions.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#54Super_Shot4006Posted 1/7/2013 10:05:53 PM
I feel the exact same way, TC. I'm also a DMC veteran and I'm buying it on release date and going straight for a platinum. I've also played the demo over 60 times and I still can't get enough.
#55btmudd28Posted 1/7/2013 10:07:27 PM
RichterB17 posted...
eco master posted...
I'm not going to bash anyone for liking it, but if you are buying DmC take a knife and just proceed to stab your DMC1 box repeatedly because that is what you are doing to series.

Like, you're saying that buying this game is killing a game that doesn't generate revenue anymore, and is thus already effectively dead. And by not buying this game, you essentially say "No, I do not want a Devil May Cry game." Because, believe it or not, this is a Devil May Cry game.

You are killing the franchise. Once you buy that copy of DmC you might as well just take all your copies of Devil May Cry 1,2, 3, & 4, burn them, and piss on their ashes. Honestly, I'm disappointed in a lot of you some people I knew were getting it, but some were a surprise. The game is of lower quality than the past games FACT, because of this game you will never see Classic Dante again and if you are okay with that then you should have no problem with me reminding you of the consequences of your actions.

That'll show us!
---
R.I.P. Dante Sparda (2001-2010)
#56RichterB17Posted 1/7/2013 10:09:40 PM
btmudd28 posted...
RichterB17 posted...
eco master posted...

That'll show us!

So you are fine with this? You are fine with the franchise gone forever?
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#57jeremy1498Posted 1/7/2013 10:10:11 PM
I've been around the series since the beggining, played the demo and I love it. I got pretty hooked to the demo and have been experimenting with things a lot in it.

I think a lot of people got so upset with this game that they don't realize the similarities between this one and the rest of the series. It has the DNA. A lot of people seem to put the DMC series up on a high pedestal when it isn't as great as people make it out to be....either way I will enjoy this one.
#58Super_Shot4006Posted 1/7/2013 10:13:47 PM
Richter, chill out. It's a game. The only people that are truly gonna let this series die are whiny antis like you. Get over it and give this game a chance.
#59morechillyramenPosted 1/7/2013 10:15:04 PM
Veteran here, incredibly disappointed. I could see this game's mechanics working as Heavenly Sword 2 or another standalone action game. But as a DMC game? It's a joke.
---
"Life is far too important to take seriously"
Oscar Wilde
#60Kobe_Got_JamPosted 1/7/2013 10:18:24 PM
I wonder what the haters of this game will say if this game makes good sales? I feel so sorry for those who can't just not like this game and move on to a game they like. DMC is so trivial a thing to obsess about, especially if it doesn't make you happy.
---
PSN ID: MoirNoir