I feel like I'm the only DMC Veteran that loves this game

#61QCTeamkillPosted 1/7/2013 11:20:38 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not alone liking this game. Topic was suprisingly positive, mostly.

But TC should close it now while it's beautiful, it's going to get ugly, soon.
#62sillycatstevenPosted 1/7/2013 11:22:47 PM
eco master posted...
Soul. Not flesh. Gameplay. Not aesthetics.

morechillyramen posted...
...I could see this game's mechanics working as Heavenly Sword 2 or another standalone action game. But as a DMC game? It's a joke.

^ what he said....

eco master posted...
Nothing about the DMC games' dialogue was unorthodox, and DmC is even cheesier.

Shakespeare scene is one of the most unorthodox dialogues in any game. Dante and Cerberus dialogue was also very well done.
DMC is cheesy by design, DmC is meant to be dark and edgy and NOT cheesy...

eco master posted...
"Strangely wonderful mix of the Demonic and Human" doesn't even make sense.

i'm sorry you don't get it.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#63RichterB17Posted 1/7/2013 11:23:46 PM
Super_Shot4006 posted...
Richter, chill out. It's a game. The only people that are truly gonna let this series die are whiny antis like you. Get over it and give this game a chance.

You are right, you are very much right. The Devil May Cry I loved is dead and I just have to accept it. This series... gaming really it's just not for me anymore. I've been just bored of everything from this generation of games and Devil May Cry was one of the very few things I still liked, but it's over now.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#64FireMage7777Posted 1/7/2013 11:28:40 PM
Super_Shot4006 posted...
Richter, chill out. It's a game. The only people that are truly gonna let this series die are whiny antis like you. Get over it and give this game a chance.

No, this game is the death knell for the series
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#65HellsControllerPosted 1/7/2013 11:32:50 PM
RichterB17 posted...
Super_Shot4006 posted...

You are right, you are very much right. The Devil May Cry I loved is dead and I just have to accept it. This series... gaming really it's just not for me anymore. I've been just bored of everything from this generation of games and Devil May Cry was one of the very few things I still liked, but it's over now.

I've grown to accept over the past couple of days that this game might actually sell well. And it's going to be praised to hell and back.

But on the bright side, I started replaying DMC3 recently. Hell of a bright side, right?
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#66KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/7/2013 11:35:41 PM
It's still not going to meet Capcom's expectations.

I'm not even being one of those guys, I truly believe it won't hit 2 million. Too much against it, not enough for it.

It's a shame that games have been going down such a sad path... I miss the days of good games.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#67RichterB17Posted 1/7/2013 11:38:02 PM
HellsController posted...
RichterB17 posted...
Super_Shot4006 posted...

I've grown to accept over the past couple of days that this game might actually sell well. And it's going to be praised to hell and back.

But on the bright side, I started replaying DMC3 recently. Hell of a bright side, right?

Me too and I tried to take people's advice and just forget about DmC and just play the old games, but I can't. The more I play the more I constantly think about DmC and what NT/Capcom/ anyone who buys the game has done to the series and it bothers me. Maybe after a few months have passed maybe I can enjoy it again, but right now I just can't.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#68sillycatstevenPosted 1/7/2013 11:41:37 PM(edited)
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I miss the days of good games.

i agree... i'm playing Xenogears currently, and it's very well done... better than FFXIII-2. i've never played it before because they didn't port it to our country when they first released it on PS1
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#69Super_Shot4006Posted 1/7/2013 11:42:49 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
It's still not going to meet Capcom's expectations.

I'm not even being one of those guys, I truly believe it won't hit 2 million. Too much against it, not enough for it.

It's a shame that games have been going down such a sad path... I miss the days of good games.

I disagree. I'm not simply saying this because I think highly of this game, but because people around me have been talking more and more about it, even though they have not played the earlier DMCs. 3 of my friends who don't even play games all that much (the kind of people that only play sports games on PS3) actually love the demo. I even know one girl who never touched a PS3 that replayed the demo over and over again until she finally told me she was gonna buy it once it comes out.

Tameem said he was trying to make DmC more accessible to casual gamers and I think he's going to succeed. That's just what I think and what I predict, though. I'm not saying DmC will most definitely sell 2 million +.
#70Dominus_1Posted 1/7/2013 11:43:57 PM
Fan since the original DMC. In fact I wanted a game like DMC before it even existed :P (I should say I wanted a good solid action game with swords). Kind of like a 3d version of SOTN. Then out came DMC1 bam. Now DMC3 went away from the Gothic castle (also DMC2 obv), but it still had Gothic scenery and Victorian inspired outfits..

New DmC has pretty disappointing art direction and gameplay . Look at the weapons in DmC, all generic and have a lot of copied moves from the previous DMCs (except for Aquila). Looking at all the weapons in DMC3 they all act different and have appealing designs. DmC nothing pops out to me. Only unique weapon we haven't see in a DMC is Auqila (which design seems ripped off but not the execution).

It seems all people rave about is the deforming city that breaks apart and tries to kill you, which would be cool if in the main game if it did something else besides set up plot devices and platforming sections. You know how cool it would be if the game was more open world and you choose when to go into limbo? Then adding the possibility to directly control limbo and get upgrades that allow that? These would be FUN concepts instead of a linear series of events where you go into limbo, then out, then in, cutscene, cutscene, platforming. It adds nothing fun to the gameplay!! Yet people praise it! Ughh..

I could go more into the technical aspects of why the combat feels like it is less fun but that's been beaten to death. Basically DmC is aimed towards people who don't really know the series. Granted people who were fans of the original series still like it, but I am certainly not one of them. I'll wait patiently for DMC5.. sigh..