I feel like I'm the only DMC Veteran that loves this game

#71KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/7/2013 10:47:05 PM
Super_Shot4006 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
It's still not going to meet Capcom's expectations.

I'm not even being one of those guys, I truly believe it won't hit 2 million. Too much against it, not enough for it.

It's a shame that games have been going down such a sad path... I miss the days of good games.

I disagree. I'm not simply saying this because I think highly of this game, but because people around me have been talking more and more about it, even though they have not played the earlier DMCs. 3 of my friends who don't even play games all that much (the kind of people that only play sports games on PS3) actually love the demo. I even know one girl who never touched a PS3 that replayed the demo over and over again until she finally told me she was gonna buy it once it comes out.

Tameem said he was trying to make DmC more accessible to casual gamers and I think he's going to succeed. That's just what I think and what I predict, though. I'm not saying DmC will most definitely sell 2 million +.

Actually, local public opinion is why I say it won't do too well. Hell, my local gamestop has like 2 preorders and they have tons of business. I've even asked some of my more casual friends if they thought it looked good. They said it looked alright, but not worth $60. Two of them said they'd pick it up after a price drop, the others said they'd rather buy something decent like CoD (their words, not mine).

In the end, it still has too much against it. For one, it's being released in the entertainment graveyard of January. That right there already makes a big impact on sales.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#72synthetiksinPosted 1/7/2013 10:48:11 PM
I LOVE the gameplay. Just don't like Dante's new attitude, he's more of a low life punk douche than a high class snobby douche.
#73FireMage7777Posted 1/7/2013 10:48:41 PM
sillycatsteven posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I miss the days of good games.

i agree... i'm playing Xenogears currently, and it's very well done... better than FFXIII-2. i've never played it before because they didn't port it to our country when they first released it on PS1

There's a lot of games better than the worst FF ever
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#74ResidentGear31Posted 1/7/2013 10:49:17 PM
I platinumed dmc 1 2 and 3 and beat 4 on every difficulty.

Dmc vet here who cant wait for this game.
#75eco masterPosted 1/7/2013 10:53:10 PM
Maybe after a few months have passed maybe I can enjoy it again, but right now I just can't.

..The existence of a game that you do not have to play is making it impossible for you to play games that you claim to enjoy?

That makes absolutely no sense.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#76KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/7/2013 10:56:54 PM
eco master posted...
Maybe after a few months have passed maybe I can enjoy it again, but right now I just can't.

..The existence of a game that you do not have to play is making it impossible for you to play games that you claim to enjoy?

This game directly impacts the continuation of the series. It also stands as an example, an example that games can be watered down and people will just say "I guess I can't complain" and they'll just accept it. If this becomes the standard, how long until it gets watered down again? Who knows, people will just say "Don't complain" again and gaming will continue to deteriorate.

So, he can't play the old ones because they remind him how this game is ruining any chance that the old ones will get a new game, and that the new game that has the same name is helping to ruin gaming. It's not hard to believe.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#77eco masterPosted 1/7/2013 10:59:27 PM
From: KA_ME_HA_ME_HA | Posted: 1/8/2013 12:56:54 AM | #076
This game directly impacts the continuation of the series.

He said he cannot play Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3, and 4, because this game is going to exist. It does not affect those games. At all. We are talking about those games, not the series. Those four individual games, which he cannot play anymore because this game - which he does not have to buy - exists.
---
#78KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/7/2013 11:01:25 PM
eco master posted...
From: KA_ME_HA_ME_HA | Posted: 1/8/2013 12:56:54 AM | #076
This game directly impacts the continuation of the series.

He said he cannot play Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3, and 4, because this game is going to exist. It does not affect those games. At all. We are talking about those games, not the series. Those four individual games, which he cannot play anymore because this game - which he does not have to buy - exists.

He can't because it makes him sad that the series will never get another game. It takes all the fun out of it when you realize the game you like won't get another game and that it's name is being used by something inferior. It's hard to enjoy something when you know it's being ruined.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#79RichterB17Posted 1/7/2013 11:01:31 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
eco master posted...

This game directly impacts the continuation of the series. It also stands as an example, an example that games can be watered down and people will just say "I guess I can't complain" and they'll just accept it. If this becomes the standard, how long until it gets watered down again? Who knows, people will just say "Don't complain" again and gaming will continue to deteriorate.

So, he can't play the old ones because they remind him how this game is ruining any chance that the old ones will get a new game, and that the new game that has the same name is helping to ruin gaming. It's not hard to believe.

Thanks Kame, I couldn't have explained it better myself.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#80eco masterPosted 1/7/2013 11:02:42 PM
From: KA_ME_HA_ME_HA | Posted: 1/8/2013 1:01:25 AM | #078
He can't because it makes him sad that the series will never get another game.

But it doesn't change the games that exists. They do not become less fun. Will he get more games? Who's to say yes or no?

It's hard to enjoy something when you know it's being ruined.

He enjoys Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3, and 4. Those games are not being ruined.
---