Jeanne(from bayo) vs DMC Vergil or DmC Vergil.

#41KiraYamatoDaManPosted 1/8/2013 2:22:28 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Kazuma Kiryu destroys all of them at the same time.

I'd love to see what Kazuma would do if Dino tried his punk attitude on him.

Dino: What the hell are you looking at? You got something against my clothes? Tell you what, why don't you lend me some money so that I can get better clothes?!

*crowd starts gathering and the yakuza fight music starts playing.

Before anyone starts complaining, it's a yakuza joke and not a jab at Dino.
---
Currently playing : Monster Hunter 3G, Persona 4: The Golden ~PSN: AppleDough
#42SiLVeR_420Posted 1/8/2013 3:26:08 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I'd like to see a new Megaman game at TGS, but I don't think Capcom have it in them any more.

Without Inafune behind it I'm not sure how Capcom could do it.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#43SolidHaseoPosted 1/8/2013 3:34:22 AM
I want a new Metroid(it's about TIME!!!!!!!), I have the Wii U, don't regret it save for no wired connection to it, last Starfox I played was a GC one. Wii only had 2 good RPG's, Last Story and Xenoblade, 3 if they decide to localize Pandora's Tower plus I heard tales series guy thinking about Tales games for the Wii U, I need RPG's for my Wii U......only console I regret is 360 because I buy everything for PS3 anyway and hate to pay for Gold....
---
I play as female characters in pretty much any game and I got no problem with it......problem?
#44Ether101Posted 1/8/2013 4:20:44 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
MrStarkiller posted...
Turtle: Ah, I see. Buyer's remorse.

Merga: >never buy one
There's a good lad.

Nope. It was a good purchase. Plus there's like a dozen exclusive games that I'm looking forward to. It's a damn nice system. Nintendo outdid themselves. I haven't touched my PS3 in weeks. The only thing I used my 360 for is Minecraft. Other than that, only the fantastic WiiU.

I'm mostly going to get a WiiU for Bayo2 and the Zelda games they make. Anything else will be extra. I'm interested in ZombieU too though.

At the rate their going, the next Zelda game will one step away form being a Micheal Bay movie with no explosions.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#45SiLVeR_420Posted 1/8/2013 4:33:40 AM
Ether101 posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
MrStarkiller posted...

There's a good lad.

Nope. It was a good purchase. Plus there's like a dozen exclusive games that I'm looking forward to. It's a damn nice system. Nintendo outdid themselves. I haven't touched my PS3 in weeks. The only thing I used my 360 for is Minecraft. Other than that, only the fantastic WiiU.

I'm mostly going to get a WiiU for Bayo2 and the Zelda games they make. Anything else will be extra. I'm interested in ZombieU too though.

At the rate their going, the next Zelda game will one step away form being a Micheal Bay movie with no explosions.

I don't see how that's where they are going.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#46Ether101Posted 1/8/2013 12:09:53 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Ether101 posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
MrStarkiller posted...

There's a good lad.

I don't see how that's where they are going.

They've been taking out the substance of the franchise for quite some time now.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#47SilentS89Posted 1/8/2013 12:31:13 PM
MrStarkiller posted...
Jeanne takes this easily. Vergil couldn't even beat Dante who is not going to be a problem for one who came close to Bayonetta (even if it was only before she awakened her eye).

This post contains Bayonetta SPOILERS

I disagree, Jeanne and Bayonetta are essentially witches whose power comes from the demons they have contracts with. As such they are mortals and can die far more easily than Vergil. It is my understanding that Bayonetta is dead in the coffin thing in the lake before the game begins because Jeanne stabbed her in the heart, then hell returns her to the world.

So, Bayonetta and by extension Jeanne can die by being stabbed in the heart. I don't think this would be a difficult task for Vergil, (though Hell can send them back).

I think killing somebody counts as a "win" There is no guarantee that Hell will release them.

If this were true then the question becomes, "Can Vergil defeat the demons that are contracted to Jeanne?" I believe he could, Vergil didn't exactly struggle against Beowulf or the Hell Vanguard. Jeanne can't do her ultimate summon without Bayonetta's help.

I like Bayonetta and Jeanne, there is no shame in losing to Vergil. He is a Son of Sparda.

If I am mistaken, please enlighten me, I own and have played through Bayonetta but quite frankly, I am not super confident that I understood it properly.
#48mibukinPosted 1/8/2013 3:16:11 PM
Jeanne slaughters both easily.
#49SaydeWindsaurPosted 1/8/2013 5:53:16 PM(edited)
SilentS89 posted...
I like Bayonetta and Jeanne, there is no shame in losing to Vergil. He is a Son of Sparda.

If I am mistaken, please enlighten me, I own and have played through Bayonetta but quite frankly, I am not super confident that I understood it properly.
I can't fault your logic. However, the main problem lies in the fact that we're dealing with two different universes. So the realm of the underworld in DmC and the power of the beings that reside in that dimension can't be accurately compared to the powers the demons posses in Jeanne's universe. Case in point, in Bayonetta, the ruler of the underworld is Queen Sheba (as oppose to Mundus or some other male demon). And she's powerful enough to punch a ginormously huge monstrosity across the solar system and into the sun. I don't know if the most powerful demonic entities in DmC possess the same physical strength.

With that said, the fairest and most direct way to decide this is to go compare their canon abilities (ie: feats and abilities demonstrated during quick time events and cutscenes). Now I haven't played DmC. So I don't know the full extent of what Vergil is capable of. All I do know is that the supernatural powers Jeanne possess after making a pact with Madama Styx makes her capable of performing the same basic feats as Bayonetta. So her magic makes her strong enough to hurl buildings, satellites, nukes, and even headbutt skyscrapers.

Jeanne's magic also makes her capable of moving at incredible speeds by slowing down time (aka: "witch time"). And this doesn't even account for the power of Madama Styx herself who Jeanne can summon in various forms. And despite being vulnerable to stab wounds, these witches still possess some amazing endurance as was implied when we saw Jeanne and Bayonetta endure the extreme heat present as they were falling back into earths atmosphere.

So yeah...in theory it should be really tough for anyone in the DmC universe to touch Jeanne. Especially if Dante and Vergil's ability to slow down time by using DT turns out to be a gameplay gimmick only. And even if it is canon, there'd probably be no way of knowing for sure if Vergil's DT makes him faster than Jeanne's witch time. But this is all only based solely on the feats I've seen Dante perform in DmC so far. So I stand open for correction.
#50SilentS89Posted 1/8/2013 6:34:46 PM
Thank you for contributing to the topic.

SaydeWindsaur posted...
I can't fault your logic. However, the main problem lies in the fact that we're dealing with two different universes. So the realm of the underworld in DmC and the power of the beings that reside in that dimension can't be accurately compared to the powers the demons posses in Jeanne's universe. Case in point, in Bayonetta, the ruler of the underworld is Queen Sheba (as oppose to Mundus or some other male demon). And she's powerful enough to punch a ginormously huge monstrosity across the solar system and into the sun. I don't know if the most powerful demonic entities in DmC possess the same physical strength.

To be clear, I was comparing Jeanne to DMC Vergil, because I don't really know anything about DmC Vergil, but he would probably lose because of DmC's emphasis on being more "grounded and realistic".

One of the demons in Bayonetta "Phantasmaraneae" is a magma spider, considering Kamiya made both Bayonetta and DMC1 I don't think it is a coincidence that DMC1 has a magma spider demon named Phantom. This was my primary basis for my comparisons. I took this to mean that Bayonetta demons are at least roughly comparable to DMC demons. Perhaps this isn't the best mode of thought as Kamiya said Bayonetta can beat Dante, well, he does have some bias though.

Obviously this isn't a perfect 1:1 comparison but I feel it is better than nothing.

Jeanne's speed is significant, Witch time is no joke. But Vergil is fast too, he was able to react fast enough to cut Lady's rocket when it was fired at him. When Dante and Vergil were exchanging blows they were so fast that they traded blows before the rain could fall.

So, they are both pretty fast. I am having difficulty finding video examples of Jeanne's speed. It is easy to find strength feats though. She is easily physically stronger.

Somehow I doubt the summoned swords would be as effective as the Yamato would be. Jeanne probably has magic defenses and speed to render them mostly ineffective.

I think Vergil has the advantage at close range but Jeanne has the advantage at range. All Vergil needs to do is cut her with Yamato but I don't know what Vergil could really do if he gets a skyscraper thrown at him or something. Well, he can teleport but I don't know if he can teleport that far, actually, Vergil might be able to use Yamato to cut the building in half. Yamato is capable of cutting down the hellgate at range, then again that was Dante, not Vergil who did that.

Would be kinda upsetting if Dante was better at Vergil's weapon than Vergil.

My personal feeling is that Vergil could beat her, but only if he was taking her seriously. He probably wouldn't take her seriously. After all, why would Vergil go all out against a human? Defeating Jeanne might require Vergil to use dishonorable tactics that are contrary to his character. Jeanne has no such honor code.

Vergil probably wins 3/10 confrontations

Thoughts?