NT warns about FAKE reviews

#101KaijinSurohmPosted 1/8/2013 5:51:24 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

I've been saying this for years. NOW you're just starting to listen? :P

You kidding me? Lol. I've only been in the DmC forms for a month and a half now.
I'd have been right there with you from the get-go =P
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#102Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 1/8/2013 5:55:52 PM
Dialgadude posted...
This entire thread is hilarious. I'm enjoying every word and every overreaction you guys are posting.
You haters laughing, did any of you actually read the article? The guy said to watch out for review based on an incomplete game. He didn't say anything about a negative review is a fake review.

Sometimes haters get so ridiculous...

It's amazing how many people read the title of an article and completely misconstrue the content of it. ^5 to you for actually investigating instead of assuming.

Also, if NT is so worried about reviews, there is no way they would have sent a full version game to some random ghetto blog and risk a bad review then.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#103Malus_X6Posted 1/8/2013 5:55:57 PM
Well, I've been gone for a month or two. Maybe more.

The overwhelming garbage being spewed forth after the demo got released is what did it.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#104KaijinSurohmPosted 1/8/2013 5:57:58 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Well, I've been gone for a month or two. Maybe more.

The overwhelming garbage being spewed forth after the demo got released is what did it.

Lol, welcome back. I'm the new extreme Anti floating around.
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#105Malus_X6Posted 1/8/2013 6:00:35 PM
I'm sorry, but until I have proof that you've beat out Strelok, then you're just another Anti like most of us.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#106sillycatstevenPosted 1/8/2013 7:20:31 PM
WingedRegent posted...
While your point does raise suspicion, it can also be argued as a mis-interpretation as them saying that right now, every genuine review was above 89% since they all met that marker so far, and they were pleased with it, not that you automatically dismiss every review beneath an 89% as fake.

Just saying that it could be thrown back at you.

sorry i wasn't clear. i mean all scores released before the time of NT posting that message, all reviews below 89% are fakes. but that you still should dismiss all reviews posted before that message which gave a score below 89% as fake reviews. i thought the time frame is one of the underlying assumptions when talking about this article, since that's what the article implies and there's no way for us to know about future reviews.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#107NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/8/2013 8:23:28 PM
RichterB17 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
Hmmm.......not to sound like a conspiricy theorist or anything, but I think NT is getting nervous. It's starting to sound like they may be losing faith in their own game. If DmC fails (and I'm not saying that to sound like, "YAAAAAAAAAY!!! I TOTALLY HOPE THIS GAME FAILS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!), it will be because NT hyped it up too much. It's good to advertise a game that you made and it's good to say to people that they might really enjoy this game if they give it a chance, but saying that a game is "THE very best thing in the whole world and it's going to break the mold for gaming" is not a really good idea. It puts too much pressure on the game to suceed.

Of course a person wants their game to suceed, and of course they're going to consider their game a masterpiece, but it's just not a good idea to hype it up too much. Otherwise, both the gamers and the game creators will be disappointed.

I don't think it's really a conspiracy theory. I guess I can say what I know since I don't think it will hurt anything, but the insight-factor review was made by an ex Eurogamer Italy reviewer named Davide Persiani. His relationship with Capcom's PR company (who are also the same PR company for Square-Enix) has not been very good since his reviews of FF13 and RE6. He never signed any non-disclosure agreement because they thought he could never get a copy of the review code. That is why the review went up, he took it down however as a favor for a friend (I'm assuming the one who gave him the copy) and the review will go back up after the embargo date lifts which is Jan 14th.

How do I know this? He told me. Why do I trust him? Cause, well, it makes sense and from what I've seen from his comments he seems like a pretty stand up guy who just wants to be an honest reviewer. That'ts why you don't see any ad banners for videogames on his site, he doesn't want to take any money from the ads at all.

Very interesting indeed. Then if the review goes back up after the game is finally released, it might be the same after all.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#108RichterB17Posted 1/8/2013 8:47:54 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
RichterB17 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
Hmmm.......not to sound like a conspiricy theorist or anything, but I think NT is getting nervous. It's starting to sound like they may be losing faith in their own game. If DmC fails (and I'm not saying that to sound like, "YAAAAAAAAAY!!! I TOTALLY HOPE THIS GAME FAILS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!), it will be because NT hyped it up too much. It's good to advertise a game that you made and it's good to say to people that they might really enjoy this game if they give it a chance, but saying that a game is "THE very best thing in the whole world and it's going to break the mold for gaming" is not a really good idea. It puts too much pressure on the game to suceed.

Of course a person wants their game to suceed, and of course they're going to consider their game a masterpiece, but it's just not a good idea to hype it up too much. Otherwise, both the gamers and the game creators will be disappointed.

I don't think it's really a conspiracy theory. I guess I can say what I know since I don't think it will hurt anything, but the insight-factor review was made by an ex Eurogamer Italy reviewer named Davide Persiani. His relationship with Capcom's PR company (who are also the same PR company for Square-Enix) has not been very good since his reviews of FF13 and RE6. He never signed any non-disclosure agreement because they thought he could never get a copy of the review code. That is why the review went up, he took it down however as a favor for a friend (I'm assuming the one who gave him the copy) and the review will go back up after the embargo date lifts which is Jan 14th.

How do I know this? He told me. Why do I trust him? Cause, well, it makes sense and from what I've seen from his comments he seems like a pretty stand up guy who just wants to be an honest reviewer. That'ts why you don't see any ad banners for videogames on his site, he doesn't want to take any money from the ads at all.

Very interesting indeed. Then if the review goes back up after the game is finally released, it might be the same after all.

Yep according to him it will. I find it really messed up that people are calling his review fake because it was taken down. If you look at his site, it may be small, but he's got some good stuff on there and no video game ads bombarding the front page like main other small review sites I've seen.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#109theofficefan99Posted 1/8/2013 10:03:42 PM
Unbelievable. Gaming has devolved into this. Every damn score is getting paid off. Just one look at this game and you can tell that this is nowhere near a 9/10 game. Hell, it's not even an 8/10 game. Not even a 7/10 game. This is ridiculous.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#110BaulModeusPosted 1/8/2013 11:17:10 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Unbelievable. Gaming has devolved into this. Every damn score is getting paid off. Just one look at this game and you can tell that this is nowhere near a 9/10 game. Hell, it's not even an 8/10 game. Not even a 7/10 game. This is ridiculous.

lol you seriously believe all reviews are paid off because they actually enjoy it? Hysterical.
---
PSN: Bonkerz4569