NT warns about FAKE reviews

#71RichterB17Posted 1/8/2013 9:46:42 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
RichterB17 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
I love it when you antis jump up and bash so blindly~

http://www.oxm.co.uk/48954/ninja-theory-lashes-out-at-bogus-dmc-devil-may-cry-reviews/

He's talking all online reviews, not just the lower end ones.

But he's wrong, the one that was released online was not fake at all.

Proof?

Trust me. Can't really go into it.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#72SlaveBladePosted 1/8/2013 10:05:16 AM
RichterB17 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
RichterB17 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

http://www.oxm.co.uk/48954/ninja-theory-lashes-out-at-bogus-dmc-devil-may-cry-reviews/

Proof?

OH well when you put it that way, no, I'm not going to just 'trust' you. I'll trust my own ****ing judgment over some random ass screen name on the internet.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#73RichterB17Posted 1/8/2013 10:06:50 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
RichterB17 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
RichterB17 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

Proof?

OH well when you put it that way, no, I'm not going to just 'trust' you. I'll trust my own ****ing judgment over some random ass screen name on the internet.

Mmkay.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#74NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/8/2013 11:16:18 AM
Hmmm.......not to sound like a conspiricy theorist or anything, but I think NT is getting nervous. It's starting to sound like they may be losing faith in their own game. If DmC fails (and I'm not saying that to sound like, "YAAAAAAAAAY!!! I TOTALLY HOPE THIS GAME FAILS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!), it will be because NT hyped it up too much. It's good to advertise a game that you made and it's good to say to people that they might really enjoy this game if they give it a chance, but saying that a game is "THE very best thing in the whole world and it's going to break the mold for gaming" is not a really good idea. It puts too much pressure on the game to suceed.

Of course a person wants their game to suceed, and of course they're going to consider their game a masterpiece, but it's just not a good idea to hype it up too much. Otherwise, both the gamers and the game creators will be disappointed.
---
Newer isn't always better.
#75KyryloPosted 1/8/2013 11:18:38 AM
Just don't forget to keep spamming Tameem about how crappy his game is. Even if it sales enough, after half an year he's gonna beg to stop.
#76RichterB17Posted 1/8/2013 12:33:10 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Hmmm.......not to sound like a conspiricy theorist or anything, but I think NT is getting nervous. It's starting to sound like they may be losing faith in their own game. If DmC fails (and I'm not saying that to sound like, "YAAAAAAAAAY!!! I TOTALLY HOPE THIS GAME FAILS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!), it will be because NT hyped it up too much. It's good to advertise a game that you made and it's good to say to people that they might really enjoy this game if they give it a chance, but saying that a game is "THE very best thing in the whole world and it's going to break the mold for gaming" is not a really good idea. It puts too much pressure on the game to suceed.

Of course a person wants their game to suceed, and of course they're going to consider their game a masterpiece, but it's just not a good idea to hype it up too much. Otherwise, both the gamers and the game creators will be disappointed.

I don't think it's really a conspiracy theory. I guess I can say what I know since I don't think it will hurt anything, but the insight-factor review was made by an ex Eurogamer Italy reviewer named Davide Persiani. His relationship with Capcom's PR company (who are also the same PR company for Square-Enix) has not been very good since his reviews of FF13 and RE6. He never signed any non-disclosure agreement because they thought he could never get a copy of the review code. That is why the review went up, he took it down however as a favor for a friend (I'm assuming the one who gave him the copy) and the review will go back up after the embargo date lifts which is Jan 14th.

How do I know this? He told me. Why do I trust him? Cause, well, it makes sense and from what I've seen from his comments he seems like a pretty stand up guy who just wants to be an honest reviewer. That'ts why you don't see any ad banners for videogames on his site, he doesn't want to take any money from the ads at all.
---
#77lokithefoolPosted 1/8/2013 12:34:49 PM
vishmarx posted...
http://n4g.com/news/1150985/ninja-theory-warns-consumers-about-fake-dmc-devil-may-cry-reviews

hillarious .......

BEWARE OF SHAMWOW IMITATORS!
#78SilentS89Posted 1/8/2013 12:43:26 PM
AlexAdz posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
AlexAdz posted...
Well he (Cliffy B) did say people who didnt like DmC can (Don't want to risk being banned. Look up Cliffy B DmC.)

Google's it. Nothing came up except a bunch of links to articles talking about him leaving Epic and that "Lets fix Resident Evil" together" garbage he said.

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/210774412092391424

Pros: Cliffy B! One of us!
#79LordKaizerPosted 1/8/2013 2:52:57 PM
WingedRegent posted...
Cliffy...

Yeah. This is the second time I've heard him referenced in this sorta thing. Can someone enlighten me on that one a bit?

you see, cliffy B was butthurt over a review that gave gears 3 an 8 out of 10 that made cliffy trashing the reviewer because he didn't give it 9 or 10 out of 10. true story.
#80DialgadudePosted 1/8/2013 3:01:29 PM
This entire thread is hilarious. I'm enjoying every word and every overreaction you guys are posting.
You haters laughing, did any of you actually read the article? The guy said to watch out for review based on an incomplete game. He didn't say anything about a negative review is a fake review.

Sometimes haters get so ridiculous...

It's amazing how many people read the title of an article and completely misconstrue the content of it. ^5 to you for actually investigating instead of assuming.
---
My Youtube channel. Browse a few videos if you'd like. Don't worry, they aren't long!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dialgadude