Gameinformer Scores DmC a 9/10

#21WingedRegentPosted 1/8/2013 7:42:03 PM
figures; not paid off, it's just that game reviewers are gutless cowards.

Thank you for proving my point on how, no matter what the general reviews say about this game, you can't satisfy everyone regarding this game.

Instead of being paid-off, the reviewers are just "gutless" now. Got it.

I'm convinced the only thing that would've pleased people is if the game got sent through the ringer and given 4-5/10 in scores rather than the praise it's getting now. IF that.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#22tyilly(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 7:42:27 PM
DevilTears604 posted...
testament067 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Anyone who has played the demo and read Tameems Twitter can tell you that it doesn't deserve anything higher than an 8, plenty of glitches and according to Tameem it won't be patched.

What if you actually liked the demo a lot?

Isn't entertainment subjective anyway? Glitch or no glitch?

According to most of this board, if you enjoyed the demo then you're a brain-dead child.

Welcome to the club.

Also, TC, who did the review? Was it Joe?

Yeah it was Joe, this game really is pure fun tho the hate is astonishing
---
Lights Out
#23WingedRegentPosted 1/8/2013 7:42:36 PM
Yea entertainment is subjective, but how a game plays is what determines if it is a good game, glitches tie directly into that. Say your playing and this happens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7QR4t9K14), it will definitely hamper your experience.

Story is important but gameplay more so, that's why it is a game

@Sworder... Find the Tameem quote yourself, I'm sure someone saved it somewhere, I'll post videos of repeatable glitches if you want. :p

I played the demo a good 5 times through. Didn't encounter a single glitch, actually, in all of my runs with it.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#24shadowreaper217Posted 1/8/2013 7:42:40 PM
If Yahtzee likes it it's good, that man is incredibly harsh towards everything, if someone that critical that only criticizes actual things can like it then it's barely an argument at that point.
---
---
Psn: Redwing832
#25goldwPosted 1/8/2013 7:43:18 PM
After GI horrible Sonic Generations review, they were firmly cemented as biased idiots.

This really doesn't help.
---
A child has a 40% chance of surviving if hit by Usain Bolt - S1nharvest
#26DevilTears604Posted 1/8/2013 7:45:42 PM
tyilly posted...
DevilTears604 posted...
testament067 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Anyone who has played the demo and read Tameems Twitter can tell you that it doesn't deserve anything higher than an 8, plenty of glitches and according to Tameem it won't be patched.

What if you actually liked the demo a lot?

Isn't entertainment subjective anyway? Glitch or no glitch?

According to most of this board, if you enjoyed the demo then you're a brain-dead child.

Welcome to the club.

Also, TC, who did the review? Was it Joe?

Yeah it was Joe, this game really is pure fun tho the hate is astonishing

Yeah, I figured it would be him. He would know, Joe's the resident hack-n-slash expert at GI. I think he's reviewed all the DMC's, all the GOW's, and Bayonetta on top of that. So if anyone there knows what goes into it, it'd be him.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#27DevilTears604Posted 1/8/2013 7:47:15 PM
goldw posted...
After GI horrible Sonic Generations review, they were firmly cemented as biased idiots.

This really doesn't help.

Really bro? One game review out of the hundreds they've done and they're in the red just like that?

Sounds like someone else is a biased idiot.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#28sillycatstevenPosted 1/8/2013 7:47:54 PM
WingedRegent posted...
Yea entertainment is subjective, but how a game plays is what determines if it is a good game, glitches tie directly into that. Say your playing and this happens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7QR4t9K14), it will definitely hamper your experience.

@Sworder... Find the Tameem quote yourself, I'm sure someone saved it somewhere, I'll post videos of repeatable glitches if you want. :p

I played the demo a good 5 times through. Didn't encounter a single glitch, actually, in all of my runs with it.

you can dash under the wall and go outside locked area before you clear all enemies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BVXWrwAia0
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#29StriderOWPosted 1/8/2013 7:48:45 PM
Why do people care about reviews so much? They don't sell games. Bayonetta is proof of this. Bayonetta was an amazing game and only sold 1.4 million copies while having amazing reviews and many to this day is calling it the best Hack N Slash that has came out in a long time.
#30ZeroX91Posted 1/8/2013 7:48:49 PM
WingedRegent posted...

Lucky you?
A single example doesn't invalidate my argument, I'm glad you had fun with it but doesn't change the fact that many people encountered several gamebrakers.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1