Gameinformer Scores DmC a 9/10

#211testament067Posted 1/10/2013 7:20:43 AM
And u still gotta present evidence that GI is giving this game a good score for sales
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#212Cable_mvc2Posted 1/10/2013 7:32:14 AM(edited)
testament067 posted...
And u still gotta present evidence that GI is giving this game a good score for sales

Its owned by gamestop. It would make more sense for you to have to prove they're not giving good scores for sales.
#213fioriPosted 1/10/2013 7:31:23 AM
Seriously, I'm tired of reading all these reviews.

I would like to see a user review. As soon as I get the game, I'll make one review, telling the cons, the pros and the whole idea about the game.
#2141wingedmooglePosted 1/10/2013 7:31:26 AM
testament067 posted...
1wingedmoogle posted...
testament067 posted...
Cable_mvc2 posted...
Game Informer is owned by gamestop. So in order to help sales they must give high profile games high scores.

These conspiracy theories gotta stop...it prevents us from discussing anything intelligently

It's not a theory, it's the truth.

Also, claims like "DmC plays like a DMC game" aren't opinions. They can, and have been, proven wrong.

Where is your evidence then....concrete evidence buddy

DmC is stylish demon killing...main character Dante, Ebony and Ivory, Rebellion with some signature moves, devil trigger, etc

Yea it doesn't play like a DMC :D

There are hella changes I realize that...but it still plays a lot like DMC to me

Very well. DmC removed the very core of the DMC combat system, the lock-on. The entire moveset in all games have been based around the ability to aim at specific enemies. Hell, in DMC1 you couldn't even use your guns unless you locked on to an enemy. But more importantly, because there's no way to lock-on there's fewer moves you can do with just one button. So they needed an extra attack button, a "launcher" button. But by adding something like that, they had to remove the style button. You see? Just the removal of something that may seem pointless to some people will make the game play radically different. And I won't even go into detail about the removal of styles, weapons that are accessed by holding a button or the dial-a-combo system. If you want more detailed info on why it plays differently than other DMC's, I suggest you watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wth1Wk3EM

And really, if it hadn't been called DmC do you think anyone would claim it plays like DMC? Let's say we have a main character called Thomas, with his sword Anarchy and the guns Vice and Virtue. The mainstream game "journalists" would compare it to GoW, because every 3D action game is called a "GoW clone" today. Even the clearly DMC inspired combat system in the Darksiders games are compared to GoW by every game "reviewer" out there.

Also, Gameinformer is owned by Gamestop. This is a fact.
---
Not changing this sig until Little Big Adventure 3 is announced. In other words, never.
#215testament067Posted 1/10/2013 7:36:01 AM
Cable_mvc2 posted...
testament067 posted...

Its owned by gamestop. It would make more sense for you to have to prove they're not giving good scores for sales.

So why don't they give every game good reviews? If its all about sales?

You are speculating by the way...this isn't evidence
---
#216testament067Posted 1/10/2013 7:48:48 AM
1wingedmoogle posted...
testament067 posted...
1wingedmoogle posted...
testament067 posted...
Cable_mvc2 posted...
Game Informer is owned by gamestop. So in order to help sales they must give high profile games high scores.

These conspiracy theories gotta stop...it prevents us from discussing anything intelligently

It's not a theory, it's the truth.

Also, claims like "DmC plays like a DMC game" aren't opinions. They can, and have been, proven wrong.

Where is your evidence then....concrete evidence buddy

DmC is stylish demon killing...main character Dante, Ebony and Ivory, Rebellion with some signature moves, devil trigger, etc

Yea it doesn't play like a DMC :D

There are hella changes I realize that...but it still plays a lot like DMC to me

Very well. DmC removed the very core of the DMC combat system, the lock-on. The entire moveset in all games have been based around the ability to aim at specific enemies. Hell, in DMC1 you couldn't even use your guns unless you locked on to an enemy. But more importantly, because there's no way to lock-on there's fewer moves you can do with just one button. So they needed an extra attack button, a "launcher" button. But by adding something like that, they had to remove the style button. You see? Just the removal of something that may seem pointless to some people will make the game play radically different. And I won't even go into detail about the removal of styles, weapons that are accessed by holding a button or the dial-a-combo system. If you want more detailed info on why it plays differently than other DMC's, I suggest you watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wth1Wk3EM

And really, if it hadn't been called DmC do you think anyone would claim it plays like DMC? Let's say we have a main character called Thomas, with his sword Anarchy and the guns Vice and Virtue. The mainstream game "journalists" would compare it to GoW, because every 3D action game is called a "GoW clone" today. Even the clearly DMC inspired combat system in the Darksiders games are compared to GoW by every game "reviewer" out there.

See that makes more sense...idk still feels like DMC to me though...to each is own.

Yes people woulda called it a DMC copy don't act like they wouldn't have....especially since its a capcom game....instead of the differences we would be sitting here talking about similarities....and DMC fans would still be mad about not getting DMC5

I know GI is owned by GS....that still doesn't show evidence of GI giving good reviews for sales....I don't want "what makes sense" to you....we need actual evidence of this happening then I will stop
---
#217KyryloPosted 1/10/2013 7:51:45 AM
1wingedmoogle posted...

Sorry, to burst in Wingmoogle, but stop pointless argue with Testament. Testament is pleased by any change they make as long as it has a label on it. So no point in just throwing punches in the air. You won't convince him.
#2181wingedmooglePosted 1/10/2013 8:07:01 AM
testament067 posted...

See that makes more sense...idk still feels like DMC to me though...to each is own.

Yes people woulda called it a DMC copy don't act like they wouldn't have....especially since its a capcom game....instead of the differences we would be sitting here talking about similarities....and DMC fans would still be mad about not getting DMC5

I know GI is owned by GS....that still doesn't show evidence of GI giving good reviews for sales....I don't want "what makes sense" to you....we need actual evidence of this happening then I will stop

So in what way does it share obvious gameplay similarities to any other DMC game?
Style rank? Handled very differently from other DMC's.
You fight with a sword and guns? Plenty of games has that.
Grabs? Would most likely be compared to the chainblades from GoW.
Just what reminds you of the gameplay in DMC games? Sure, there are some iconic moves. But those are performed in completely different ways thanks to a combat system that was not made with DMC in mind.

I would like to hear your reasons for why you think this is a DMC game.
---
Not changing this sig until Little Big Adventure 3 is announced. In other words, never.
#219testament067Posted 1/10/2013 8:11:30 AM
Kyrylo posted...
1wingedmoogle posted...

Sorry, to burst in Wingmoogle, but stop pointless argue with Testament. Testament is pleased by any change they make as long as it has a label on it. So no point in just throwing punches in the air. You won't convince him.

I don't like that they took the taunt out.
I don't really care for new Dante yet. I think he looks silly and isn't very likeable so far....but I gotta see how he develops
I wish lock on was available.
Can't stand the flying Angel babies from the demo.
The **** you scene makes me cringe.
Not too ecstatic about the enemy design in general.

You want me to keep going?
---
#220KyryloPosted 1/10/2013 8:11:41 AM
fiori posted...
Seriously, I'm tired of reading all these reviews.

I would like to see a user review. As soon as I get the game, I'll make one review, telling the cons, the pros and the whole idea about the game.

good choice. I try to rent it first day to make final judgment.