Gameinformer Scores DmC a 9/10

#221testament067Posted 1/10/2013 8:26:09 AM
1wingedmoogle posted...
testament067 posted...

See that makes more sense...idk still feels like DMC to me though...to each is own.

Yes people woulda called it a DMC copy don't act like they wouldn't have....especially since its a capcom game....instead of the differences we would be sitting here talking about similarities....and DMC fans would still be mad about not getting DMC5

I know GI is owned by GS....that still doesn't show evidence of GI giving good reviews for sales....I don't want "what makes sense" to you....we need actual evidence of this happening then I will stop

So in what way does it share obvious gameplay similarities to any other DMC game?
Style rank? Handled very differently from other DMC's.
You fight with a sword and guns? Plenty of games has that.
Grabs? Would most likely be compared to the chainblades from GoW.
Just what reminds you of the gameplay in DMC games? Sure, there are some iconic moves. But those are performed in completely different ways thanks to a combat system that was not made with DMC in mind.

I would like to hear your reasons for why you think this is a DMC game.

Ebony and ivory
Rebellion with several moves from the old games
Style rank is there...different or not...
There is some form of lock on.
Devil trigger is there
You can juggle enemies and combo the hell out of em
You play a game as a demon hunter named Dante who kills demons in stylish ways....his brother is vergil and the demon king is mundus.
I'm sure there is a lot more too

I know a lot has changed...but its a reboot first of all. Second, the bare bones fundamentals are largely the same in regards to what is present in the game. Technically it is completely different and I can agree there. But we gotta remember that not every DMC player wants to be a tournament level combo master....some of us don't care. I for one just wanna play a good action game.

I mean, plenty of games change...hell DMC2 and 3 had hella differences...doesn't mean the whole series is flipped upside down.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#222mahroflcopterPosted 1/10/2013 8:28:42 AM
"I'm impressed by the sheer variety of Dante's moveset"

DmC has fewer weapons (8 vs. 11) and fewer moves (54 vs. 120 moves... which doesn't include all the buster animations, counters, etc) when compared to Devil May Cry 4. Don't get me started on comparing DmC to Devil May Cry 3.

Sorry, just couldn't let that one go.

So the dialogue is criticized, the story doesn't even get a mention, the cutscene direction isn't really praised,... basically, all of the things Ninja Theory are "known for" are either criticized or aren't mentioned. So what exactly did they bring to the table then other than "a western philosophy"?
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#223fioriPosted 1/10/2013 8:31:34 AM
Kyrylo posted...
fiori posted...
Seriously, I'm tired of reading all these reviews.

I would like to see a user review. As soon as I get the game, I'll make one review, telling the cons, the pros and the whole idea about the game.

good choice. I try to rent it first day to make final judgment.

That's reasonable. I will tell everything about the game ( good, bad) as soon as I get it.

I'm curious about your judgment too, can't wait to read it. XD
#224KyryloPosted 1/10/2013 8:35:39 AM
testament067 posted...

Ebony and ivory
Devil trigger is there
You play a game as a demon hunter named Dante who kills demons in stylish ways....his brother is vergil and the demon king is mundus.

I know a lot has changed...but its a reboot first of all. Second, the bare bones fundamentals are largely the same in regards to what is present in the game. Technically it is completely different and I can agree there. But we gotta remember that not every DMC player wants to be a tournament level combo master....some of us don't care. I for one just wanna play a good action game.

I mean, plenty of games change...hell DMC2 and 3 had hella differences...doesn't mean the whole series is flipped upside down.

"Ebony and ivory
You play a game as a demon hunter named Dante who kills demons in stylish ways....his brother is vergil and the demon king is mundus." - all those just names. As much as new Dante has to do with original (close to none) as much weapons have to do with eachother.

Style rank is there...different or not... - not only in dmc franchise

There is some form of lock on. - like in every H&S

You can juggle enemies and combo the hell out of em - not only in dmc once again

Devil trigger is there - that works completely different as much so they could just have named it some other name.
#225KyryloPosted 1/10/2013 8:37:44 AM
fiori posted...
Kyrylo posted...
fiori posted...
Seriously, I'm tired of reading all these reviews.

I would like to see a user review. As soon as I get the game, I'll make one review, telling the cons, the pros and the whole idea about the game.

good choice. I try to rent it first day to make final judgment.

That's reasonable. I will tell everything about the game ( good, bad) as soon as I get it.

I'm curious about your judgment too, can't wait to read it. XD

Well, you know. It probably be the same. lol. But I try to rent it day 1. Maybe I'll be lucky.
#226testament067Posted 1/10/2013 8:41:10 AM
Kyrylo posted...
testament067 posted...

Ebony and ivory
Devil trigger is there

"Ebony and ivory
You play a game as a demon hunter named Dante who kills demons in stylish ways....his brother is vergil and the demon king is mundus." - all those just names. As much as new Dante has to do with original (close to none) as much weapons have to do with eachother.

Style rank is there...different or not... - not only in dmc franchise

There is some form of lock on. - like in every H&S

You can juggle enemies and combo the hell out of em - not only in dmc once again

Devil trigger is there - that works completely different as much so they could just have named it some other name.

Yea that doesn't make it not like DMC though....these things are the same and are even labeled the same.

And don't act like everything just has the same name and that's it.
---
#2271wingedmooglePosted 1/10/2013 8:43:46 AM
testament067 posted...

Ebony and ivory
Devil trigger is there

Names are just names, it doesn't make it the same. I can call an ordinary rock a diamond, but that wouldn't make it one.
As I said, the moves are performed in a completely different way thanks to the completely different combat system.
Style rank is in plenty of games.
Auto lock-on is not the same as lock-on.
Devil Trigger is so different it might as well not be called Devil Trigger.
Juggling enemies is a feature in almost every 3D beat'emup/hackn'slash/whatever you wanna call it.
As I've said multiple times now, those are just names. Besides, I asked for gameplay similarities, not name similarities.

I don't get why anyone would accept such a descent into mediocrity from a great series like DMC.

Also, why do you think DMC2 is so poorly recieved, while DMC3 gets so much praise? It's because DMC2 completely changed how the game is played, while DMC3 returned to the series roots but added new features like styles.
---
Not changing this sig until Little Big Adventure 3 is announced. In other words, never.
#228KyryloPosted 1/10/2013 8:53:49 AM
testament067 posted...

Yea that doesn't make it not like DMC though....these things are the same and are even labeled the same.

So does Bayonetta. And ninja Gaiden . And GoW. And any other H&S. And label is a keyword for you
And yes, it's only a name. Let's see: look is different, story is different, personality is different, background is different.. and where it lefts us?
#229testament067Posted 1/10/2013 8:56:25 AM
No, DMC2 was just ass lol...I couldn't stand it .

I disagree about DMC3 tho...it changed a lot of stuff from DMC1.

You can change stuff and still have a good game though....change is not always a negative....especially after DMC4 having mixed reactions from fans and critics...the series certainly didn't need stagnation...and the fish of that was being ran.

I am in the camp of people who are willing to give the reboot a chance despite liking the old series as well. I'm not so attached to the old that anything different is bad to me. If this game does stink to me, I will simply move on.

We just won't agree on what this game feels like...I respect your opinions though.
---
#230testament067Posted 1/10/2013 9:15:28 AM
Kyrylo posted...
testament067 posted...

So does Bayonetta. And ninja Gaiden . And GoW. And any other H&S. And label is a keyword for you
And yes, it's only a name. Let's see: look is different, story is different, personality is different, background is different.. and where it lefts us?

We are left with a reboot...which is what we all expect.

And none of what you just said included gameplay....

And once again.... Different doesn't automatically mean bad. Not good either, but I'm willing to give it a chance to see how it turns out

So to call reviewers "liars" about the feel of DmC is a stretch imo. I for one feel at home with this one.
---