Gameinformer Scores DmC a 9/10

#231mini_blightPosted 1/10/2013 9:28:04 AM
Kyrylo posted...
mini_blight posted...

They always deduct points for GAMES made in Japan. So it actually got an 8 or 9 without the anti-JRPG filter applied. Rejoice!

fixed.

I stand corrected.
#232KyryloPosted 1/10/2013 9:29:01 AM
mini_blight posted...
Kyrylo posted...
mini_blight posted...

They always deduct points for GAMES made in Japan. So it actually got an 8 or 9 without the anti-JRPG filter applied. Rejoice!

fixed.

I stand corrected.

I think it applies to all japanese games nowadays.
#233GigantLuffyPosted 1/10/2013 9:32:34 AM
They said all the bosses suck, yet they give the game a 9/10.

Bull****
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Gundam Musou 3, GODDAMN BATMAN CITY GOTY
#234delon33Posted 1/10/2013 9:39:57 AM
GigantLuffy posted...
They said all the bosses suck, yet they give the game a 9/10.

Bull****

5/6 suck to be precise.
---
Wife is a funny creature, she leaves her husband without sex for months and kills the one woman who has sex with her husband.
#2351wingedmooglePosted 1/10/2013 10:11:06 AM
testament067 posted...
No, DMC2 was just ass lol...I couldn't stand it .

I disagree about DMC3 tho...it changed a lot of stuff from DMC1.

You can change stuff and still have a good game though....change is not always a negative....especially after DMC4 having mixed reactions from fans and critics...the series certainly didn't need stagnation...and the fish of that was being ran.

I am in the camp of people who are willing to give the reboot a chance despite liking the old series as well. I'm not so attached to the old that anything different is bad to me. If this game does stink to me, I will simply move on.

We just won't agree on what this game feels like...I respect your opinions though.

My point was that the only gameplay similarities between the DMC series and DmC are the ones found in almost any game in that genre.

Let me put it this way, you think DmC is fun? That's your opinion.
I think it sucks? That's my opinion.
Someone claims it plays like a DMC game? That is objectively wrong. And if someone claims it "feels" like DMC, that's not a real argument. Feelings are subjective.

Now, you can state your opinion as much as you want. But if you want to be taken seriously, then you better be prepared to back it up with facts.
---
Not changing this sig until Little Big Adventure 3 is announced. In other words, never.
#236testament067Posted 1/10/2013 10:30:13 AM
1wingedmoogle posted...
testament067 posted...
No, DMC2 was just ass lol...I couldn't stand it .

I disagree about DMC3 tho...it changed a lot of stuff from DMC1.

You can change stuff and still have a good game though....change is not always a negative....especially after DMC4 having mixed reactions from fans and critics...the series certainly didn't need stagnation...and the fish of that was being ran.

I am in the camp of people who are willing to give the reboot a chance despite liking the old series as well. I'm not so attached to the old that anything different is bad to me. If this game does stink to me, I will simply move on.

We just won't agree on what this game feels like...I respect your opinions though.

My point was that the only gameplay similarities between the DMC series and DmC are the ones found in almost any game in that genre.

Let me put it this way, you think DmC is fun? That's your opinion.
I think it sucks? That's my opinion.
Someone claims it plays like a DMC game? That is objectively wrong. And if someone claims it "feels" like DMC, that's not a real argument. Feelings are subjective.

Now, you can state your opinion as much as you want. But if you want to be taken seriously, then you better be prepared to back it up with facts.

Being found in almost any game in the genre doesn't change a whole lot. It is still a similarity.

Well the original statement is that "DMC vets will feel right at home" if I remember correctly

So I have been speaking on the opinion part.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#237tyilly(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:21:54 PM
You people are terrible (most of you), it seems like everyone on this board hates anything that's universally accepted lol. CoD? Some of the smoothest gunplay in all FPS's. Gow? Fun action game that's extremely challenging on higher difficulties. ME3? One of the best story driven games I've ever played. Besides, name the last great hack and slash you played???(Bayonetta was fun, but i felt extremely h#mo watching most of the cutscenes)
---
Lights Out
#238Ether101Posted 1/10/2013 12:58:42 PM
testament067 posted...
Ether101 posted...
testament067 posted...
Where is your evidence then....concrete evidence buddy

DmC is stylish demon killing...main character Dante, Ebony and Ivory, Rebellion with some signature moves, devil trigger, etc

Yea it doesn't play like a DMC :D

There are hella changes I realize that...but it still plays a lot like DMC to me

Which DMC have a dedicated lunch button? None of them.
Which DMC lack a hard lock limiting the players options? None of them.
Which DMC lack taunt? None of them.
Which DMC had a Dante that was cruel and hurt others simply to git off on it? None of them.

Just slapping the names onto some of the characters, items and moves doesn't make it a faithful adaptation like you think it does. These very vague similarities don't make it a DMC game. This game lacks the heart and soul of Devil May Cry leaving it a shallow and hollow knock off at best.

Didn't I say there were hella changes? Lol I know this

None of those changes mean that the game doesn't play like a DMC....at its core it plays a lot like the others....I mean really lol a dedicated launch button isn't a huge difference...I miss the taunt though....

Those are core differences. The lack of lock on completely changes the way the game plays. They had to sacrifice difficulty, slime down the options for the player and take out the style button.

How the hell does Dante hurt others simply to get off? To be fair he seemed to have fun killing demons in the old games.

Dante likes to fight, New Dante can be seen assaulting people with a nasty smirk on his face quite a few times throughout the game.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.