Gameinformer Scores DmC a 9/10

#41DevilTears604Posted 1/8/2013 9:05:02 PM
goldw posted...
goldw posted...
After GI horrible Sonic Generations review, they were firmly cemented as biased idiots.

This really doesn't help.

Really bro? One game review out of the hundreds they've done and they're in the red just like that?

Sounds like someone else is a biased idiot.

Cemented. They were pushing the boundaries before.

The fact that they didn't offer a single complaint, yet still the game a "poor" score is misleading.

GI has great articles, but poor reviews.

It's one person's opinion of a game. I've lost count of how many times they've put that out there. It's impossible to structure a review that syncs up to everyone's personal taste, and they don't even try. They flat out say to take reviews with a grain of salt.

BTW, here's the Sonic Generations review they did. I just finished reading it, and there is ample evidence that the game got the score it deserved. I was going to post snippets of the negative parts, but that would've meant copying about half the review.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/sonic_generations/b/ps3/archive/2011/10/31/sonic-generations-review-a-suffering-hedgehog-s-life-flashes-before-his-eyes.aspx
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#42ZeroX91Posted 1/8/2013 9:09:35 PM
MoreFunThanTV posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
DJ_0000 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...

Lucky you?
A single example doesn't invalidate my argument, I'm glad you had fun with it but doesn't change the fact that many people encountered several gamebrakers.

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhdnk7pguNY

Your point? You don't see me riding DMC4s nuts do you?

I guess he's trying to say that because the previous game had bugs it's ok for this one to be buggy too? Which is complete bulls*** by the way.

I know just in a aggressive mood today. lol

@DJ...
I'm aware that demos are glitchy, it's more Tameem said there would be no patch (at some point), if he said something about it having already been done they I would have no problem with it getting a score that high (other than finding dante unlikeable) as the demo isn't the final build.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1
#43Dominus_1Posted 1/8/2013 9:10:50 PM
DevilTears604 posted...
goldw posted...
goldw posted...
After GI horrible Sonic Generations review, they were firmly cemented as biased idiots.

Really bro? One game review out of the hundreds they've done and they're in the red just like that?

The fact that they didn't offer a single complaint, yet still the game a "poor" score is misleading.

It's one person's opinion of a game. I've lost count of how many times they've put that out there. It's impossible to structure a review that syncs up to everyone's personal taste, and they don't even try. They flat out say to take reviews with a grain of salt.

BTW, here's the Sonic Generations review they did. I just finished reading it, and there is ample evidence that the game got the score it deserved. I was going to post snippets of the negative parts, but that would've meant copying about half the review.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/sonic_generations/b/ps3/archive/2011/10/31/sonic-generations-review-a-suffering-hedgehog-s-life-flashes-before-his-eyes.aspx

GI gave RE6 a 8.75 so yeah...
#44moaristylePosted 1/8/2013 9:12:36 PM
Well deserved, judging from the demo, this game is going to be a LOT of fun.

-waits for incoming butthurt fanboys-
#45DevilTears604Posted 1/8/2013 9:13:43 PM
Dominus_1 posted...
DevilTears604 posted...
goldw posted...
goldw posted...

GI gave RE6 a 8.75 so yeah...

And if you pay attention at all, you'd know everyone else at GI had the exact opposite impression of RE6. And they were vocal about it. I don't even think it made their top 50 games of 2012.

Once again, take reviews with a grain of salt.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#46AiddonPosted 1/8/2013 9:16:52 PM(edited)
WingedRegent posted...

Thank you for proving my point on how, no matter what the general reviews say about this game, you can't satisfy everyone regarding this game.

Instead of being paid-off, the reviewers are just "gutless" now. Got it.

I'm convinced the only thing that would've pleased people is if the game got sent through the ringer and given 4-5/10 in scores rather than the praise it's getting now. IF that.

If you think I'm changing goal posts, I'm not. I've never been of the belief that game reviewers are bought, that's absurd and HIGHLY illegal. No, I find that reviewers aren't WORTH bribing because publishers can just deny them coverage for titles which is ALL that gamers care about, so they're forced to grade easy and grin nervously despite their actual feelings. There's also the fact that I believe that most journalists are just bad at journalism and have skewed views on things, but that's for another time.
#47sworderPosted 1/8/2013 9:19:19 PM
tyilly posted...
sworder posted...
post pictures!

I don't know how to post pics but if you have the means to do so i will gladly email them

screen cap -> save on paint -> upload to imgur

what would you email me? you can use the PMs here in gamefaqs
#48WingedRegentPosted 1/8/2013 9:21:51 PM
WingedRegent posted...

Thank you for proving my point on how, no matter what the general reviews say about this game, you can't satisfy everyone regarding this game.

Instead of being paid-off, the reviewers are just "gutless" now. Got it.

I'm convinced the only thing that would've pleased people is if the game got sent through the ringer and given 4-5/10 in scores rather than the praise it's getting now. IF that.

If you think I'm changing goal posts, I'm not. I've never been of the belief that game reviewers are bought, that's absurd and HIGHLY illegal. No, I find that reviewers aren't WORTH bribing because publishers can just deny them coverage for titles which is ALL that gamers care about, so they're forced to grade easy and grin nervously despite their actual feelings. There's also the fact that I believe that most journalists are just bad at journalism and have skewed views on things, but that's for another time.

Oh no no. Not that you were changing goal posts or anything, but I meant the general perception of reviews regarding this game. For example, when a small number of reviews came out, it was that they were paid-off, but as more and more reviews came out praising the game, the idea now becomes that they're "cowardly" reviewers as a whole. Not doubting that you've held that belief in general, but I meant moreso as the general response as an effort to deflect any positives that the game might have. Basically, if it's not one thing, it's another, even if there's proof to the contrary. Not calling you out, but saying that it just proves my point that there'll always be "something" implicated as to why this game's getting good reviews, rather than possibly believing the game has some merit to it.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#49WingedRegentPosted 1/8/2013 9:23:58 PM
DJ_0000 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...

Lucky you?
A single example doesn't invalidate my argument, I'm glad you had fun with it but doesn't change the fact that many people encountered several gamebrakers.

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhdnk7pguNY

Your point? You don't see me riding DMC4s nuts do you?

@WingedRegent...
My bad I guess, this board kinda gives you an itchy trigger finger if you've been here long enough.

But the glitches are there and numerous had the invincible boss happen to me on three seperate occasions, and I've fallen through the level a few it wasn't so much me hunting for them as much as lets see if this is a common occurrence.

No worries. Been here for awhile myself, and given the hostility....Yeeeah. <_<

And fair enough. As I mentioned, I had none on my runthrough, so it just seems to vary wildly from user to user. I've seen a lot of complaints here, but at the same time, I've also seen quite a few people (like myself) who've had no glitches on their runs. Has to be something you have to try and judge for yourself, I guess.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#50RagirothPosted 1/8/2013 9:25:06 PM
What other flaws did they say the game had? Because if the bosses sucking were the only flaw, I'd say that score makes sense.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth