Gameinformer Scores DmC a 9/10

#51Dominus_1Posted 1/8/2013 9:25:22 PM
Also watching this H&S expert play in this video was laughable:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C7FL5TDTctg
He was talking and playing but that still is pretty bad for a H&S expert. Also he talked about how in the previous DMCs how it lacked ways to get towards the enemies like the grappling in this game, and brought up vergil's teleports and Nero's buster as examples but failed to mention Dante's trickster teleport that brings you to the enemies. Yah I'm not going to think this guy is a H&S expert.
#52Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/8/2013 9:27:19 PM
LOL

Anything that pisses people off is okay with me.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#53JackJunk8Posted 1/8/2013 9:29:40 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, with each passing day, I grow happier and happier!!!
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#54AiddonPosted 1/8/2013 9:30:47 PM
WingedRegent posted...

Oh no no. Not that you were changing goal posts or anything, but I meant the general perception of reviews regarding this game. For example, when a small number of reviews came out, it was that they were paid-off, but as more and more reviews came out praising the game, the idea now becomes that they're "cowardly" reviewers as a whole. Not doubting that you've held that belief in general, but I meant moreso as the general response as an effort to deflect any positives that the game might have. Basically, if it's not one thing, it's another, even if there's proof to the contrary. Not calling you out, but saying that it just proves my point that there'll always be "something" implicated as to why this game's getting good reviews, rather than possibly believing the game has some merit to it.

No it doesn't, people suspected for awhile that reviews would be decent, but considering that coverage was going into outright sycophantic territory they knew scores would be untrustworthy. I seriously don't know what journalists' obsession with NT is and why they even defended NT calling all their critics idiots for going "WTF" over DINO's attitude, the crappy dialogue, the BIZARRE demon sex scene, the contempt for the series in general (like saying Dante was never cool), and the constant strawman tactics. If that's not the definition of untrustworthy than I don't know what is.
#55Capitan_KidPosted 1/8/2013 9:34:53 PM
It's a tin foil hat party in this topic. God forbid people like the game >__>
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#56sfvfkofPosted 1/8/2013 9:37:58 PM
I won't say that the review is unfair. I have not and will not play the game (unless they announce DMC5.) My dislike of the game is based on my impressions and taste so if this game gets 10's across the board won't make my opinion wrong. It just means the chances of DMC5 will be slim.

But let's remember that games like Heavenly Sword, GoW3, and Castlevania LoS all got very high scores. So think about what you felt about those games and decide if they score games the same way you do.
#57WingedRegentPosted 1/8/2013 9:38:54 PM
WingedRegent posted...

Oh no no. Not that you were changing goal posts or anything, but I meant the general perception of reviews regarding this game. For example, when a small number of reviews came out, it was that they were paid-off, but as more and more reviews came out praising the game, the idea now becomes that they're "cowardly" reviewers as a whole. Not doubting that you've held that belief in general, but I meant moreso as the general response as an effort to deflect any positives that the game might have. Basically, if it's not one thing, it's another, even if there's proof to the contrary. Not calling you out, but saying that it just proves my point that there'll always be "something" implicated as to why this game's getting good reviews, rather than possibly believing the game has some merit to it.

No it doesn't, people suspected for awhile that reviews would be decent, but considering that coverage was going into outright sycophantic territory they knew scores would be untrustworthy. I seriously don't know what journalists' obsession with NT is and why they even defended NT calling all their critics idiots for going "WTF" over DINO's attitude, the crappy dialogue, the BIZARRE demon sex scene, the contempt for the series in general (like saying Dante was never cool), and the constant strawman tactics. If that's not the definition of untrustworthy than I don't know what is.

I just wanna address the bold and say that that wasn't the general perception here. The general thought of a lot of people here was that the demo sucked and that the game was gonna bomb/fail in the reviews. As the reviews came out, it was that they were "paid off". Now, the reviewers are "cowardly" as a bigger review site (Game Informer) gave it a higher score.

With that said, keep in mind that it's also their job to post up information/data that they get when appropriate. For instance, if they receive this information, they put it up. The game is also highly divisive amongst DMC Fans for what it changes/does, so the game journalists would make articles on the game to get hits and to gauge reaction. That said, wouldn't it also be "untrustworthy" if they gave the game a poor review simply due to their initial skepticism (And NT/Capcom's horrible PR tactics) rather than the final product? That would also be biased AGAINST the game, which is still a problem.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#58Hades192Posted 1/8/2013 9:40:23 PM
DMC1 and DMC3 had some of the best fights.

Yes you fought them multiple times in DMC and Vergil in DMC3, but how Bosses became progressively harder with additional moves built towards an epic final fight because you were prepared leading up to it.

Boss fights NEED to at least be on par to the level and its enemies you have to face because if not, well than, where's the REWARD.

What the crap is going on?
#59WingedRegentPosted 1/8/2013 9:43:30 PM
DMC1 and DMC3 had some of the best fights.

Yes you fought them multiple times in DMC and Vergil in DMC3, but how Bosses became progressively harder with additional moves built towards an epic final fight because you were prepared leading up to it.

Boss fights NEED to at least be on par to the level and its enemies you have to face because if not, well than, where's the REWARD.

What the crap is going on?

DMC 3's boss fights were great, yeah. The fact that DmC's boss fights can't meet the mark is disappointing to say the least.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#60Capitan_KidPosted 1/8/2013 9:48:42 PM
TC could you tell us what they said about the boss fights? How did they suck? At least the finale will be awesome
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!