Gameinformer Scores DmC a 9/10

#71KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/8/2013 10:10:46 PM
It wasn't a bad article actually. I read it and it seemed kind of fair... it just seems like it's not actually a 9/10. With what he writes, it seems more like an 8.5 would be more suitable. I'm not really that familiar with GI's scoring system, does it round up? If it does, it seems like it would be around an 86/87, but rounded up.

I mean, he said that the most interesting part of the game was the beginning and that it really fizzles out by the end, especially the last few missions. He also says the bosses are bad except the last one. He also said the DT was pretty useless and it could have been better. That sounds like it deserves more of a high 80 rather than a 90.

All in all, it wasn't a bad article. I wouldn't go calling paid off just yet.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#72HershawitzPosted 1/8/2013 10:13:21 PM
Aiddon posted...
goldw posted...
First sentence = White Hair. Done reading.

This.

And thus my point about game journalists being skewed is on display. They seriously need to graduate from just being gamers who get paid to review stuff.

Because he mentioned a prominent criticism that has been had since the game was announced? He only pointed out that Dante's design wouldn't factor into his review.
#73eco masterPosted 1/8/2013 10:14:51 PM
From: KA_ME_HA_ME_HA | Posted: 1/8/2013 11:10:46 PM | #071
I'm not really that familiar with GI's scoring system, does it round up? If it does, it seems like it would be around an 86/87, but rounded up.

It's been ages since I've looked through a GI magazine, but I can't recall any decimals in scores. Could very well be the case.

The reviewer does seem to really enjoy the combat, though - perhaps he figures it outweighs the game's shortcomings? Still not something I'd say justifies a 9/10, but eh.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#74Capitan_KidPosted 1/8/2013 10:16:16 PM
Aiddon posted...
goldw posted...

This.

And thus my point about game journalists being skewed is on display. They seriously need to graduate from just being gamers who get paid to review stuff.

All 3 of you have no idea what you're talking about. Especially since your claims came from one sentence. At least read the whole thing before saying sonething stupid.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#75goldwPosted 1/8/2013 10:17:15 PM
Aiddon posted...
goldw posted...

This.

All 3 of you have no idea what you're talking about. Especially since your claims came from one sentence. At least read the whole thing before saying sonething stupid.

I'll read the thing, when I get my magazine.
---
A child has a 40% chance of surviving if hit by Usain Bolt - S1nharvest
#76AiddonPosted 1/8/2013 10:18:27 PM
Hershawitz posted...

Because he mentioned a prominent criticism that has been had since the game was announced? He only pointed out that Dante's design wouldn't factor into his review.

A criticism that was prominent....ONLY when this game was announced. The only people still clinging to it are those who wanted to represent the game's critics as strawmen because actually debating like an adult takes EFFORT
#77eco masterPosted 1/8/2013 10:20:17 PM
A criticism that was prominent....ONLY when this game was announced. The only people still clinging to it are those who wanted to represent the game's critics as strawmen because actually debating like an adult takes EFFORT

He outright says he doesn't care about it. He just referenced it.
---
#78AiddonPosted 1/8/2013 10:22:53 PM
eco master posted...

He outright says he doesn't care about it. He just referenced it.

I know...which leads me to wonder "wait, if he didn't care, then why does he mention it?" If it was insignificant than he would have just gotten down to business instead of mentioning it.
#79Liquid_AcidPosted 1/8/2013 10:22:56 PM
tyilly
Posted 1/8/2013 6:57:47 PM
message detail
Just got my game informer digital , it says all boss fights except the final one suck

Funny how God of War is the opposite hahaha
---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#80eco masterPosted 1/8/2013 10:25:36 PM
I know...which leads me to wonder "wait, if he didn't care, then why does he mention it?" If it was insignificant than he would have just gotten down to business instead of mentioning it.

He outright says it doesn't matter, though, so I don't know what else to say. Again, he just referenced an old criticism. For what reason? Could have been odd humor, could have been a stab at someone he personally knows who said that some time ago.
---