What's an anti?

#11Giratinalga(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 10:49:19 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Giratinalga posted...
antking61 posted...
Giratinalga posted...
That's depressing as all ****.

I can't think of any word to go there aside from "hell" in which case I wonder why you would blank it out.

I have a vivid imagination. Anyways, wow, I really didn't think it'd go this far. This game doesn't even look bad, it's already miles above DmC2. It might not measure up to 1 or 3, but it's honestly unfair to try to compare it to them.

...why? Why is it unfair to compare a Devil may Cry game to past Devil may Cry games? Seems fair enough.

Honestly, I'll agree the game doesn't look too bad, it's just the idea that it might be the only series to continue. I find the old series far superior. If this was the only DMC from now on... it'd be a sad day.

Comparing any Hack n' Slash to those two, 3 in particular, is just kinda unfair. Those games were the pinnacle of the action genre, and it's incredibly hard to follow upwith something close to that level. 4 was good gameplay wise and I guess in terms of the personalities of the characters, but that was it, really.

If this game can balance good gameplay, with solid level design and at least ONE good boss, then I'd already call this better than 4. 4 was just so drab, the only thing it had going for it was gameplay.
---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun
#12Damien94Posted 1/8/2013 10:54:15 PM
Giratinalga posted...

I have a vivid imagination. Anyways, wow, I really didn't think it'd go this far. This game doesn't even look bad, it's already miles above DmC2. It might not measure up to 1 or 3, but it's honestly unfair to try to compare it to them.

After this post, it's starting to seem that this was a hidden troll attempt.

It's completely fair to compare one game in the the DMC series to another. Though the fundamental issue is that antis are against the reboot and radical changes. It doesn't matter if gameplay is worse, just as good or even better than previous titles... the disappointment will always be there.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#13sillycatstevenPosted 1/8/2013 11:05:28 PM
Damien94 posted...
Giratinalga posted...

After this post, it's starting to seem that this was a hidden troll attempt.

It's completely fair to compare one game in the the DMC series to another. Though the fundamental issue is that antis are against the reboot and radical changes. It doesn't matter if gameplay is worse, just as good or even better than previous titles... the disappointment will always be there.

but still, if DmC did live up to all the hype, there will be a lot less antis around. at least i know i wouldn't be against DmC if it is everything they promised it to be.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#14Damien94Posted 1/8/2013 11:23:47 PM
sillycatsteven posted...

but still, if DmC did live up to all the hype, there will be a lot less antis around. at least i know i wouldn't be against DmC if it is everything they promised it to be.

Not really. Like I said, even if DmC is good, it's not going to change the fact we're against the direction they took the game. An anti isn't going to stop being an anti just because they enjoy something that is completely different.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#15DevilTears604Posted 1/8/2013 11:26:24 PM
Well yeah, if it carries the Devil May Cry name, it's absolutely fair to compare them. I guess for me though, I don't see a whole lot of inferiorities with DmC, other than the FPS, which I'm not really even a fan of 60 FPS.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#16Dark_EpathyPosted 1/8/2013 11:51:14 PM
A good chunk of the hate comes from the fact that it's DmC and not DMC. You can't really deny that. Even if the game was on par with DMC3/4 in terms of combat and design, people would still be dissatisfied with it because of the supposed "bastardization" of the characters and story and the PR from both Capcom and Ninja Theory.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#17ReiderAsmadiPosted 1/8/2013 11:57:57 PM
An anti is that person who tells you drugs are bad, m'kay?
---
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
#18MoreFunThanTVPosted 1/9/2013 12:12:34 AM
So a new entry in a series is good if it's better than the worse in said series?
What the f*** kinda stupid logic is that s***?

Both Contra Force and Neo Contra are better than C: The Adventue s'pose by that logic they're masterpieces then.

I expect the next entry, yes even a reboot to be better than ALL the previous entries in a series. Anything less is a fail and I WILL complain about it. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna buy the new inferior product since if it's good enough then yeah I will (like this game for example) but that doesn't mean I'm not going to b**** about the crap ass developers being losers though. I think this is probably why so many here have thought I'm an anti lol (the reality is I don't really care if this game succeeds or fails).
#19DethaPosted 1/9/2013 12:55:58 AM
Antis are people who are disappointed, probably won't be buying the game, and enjoy their time on the board making Taneem and pro jokes, whilst spreading the word about "the cause."
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Taneem Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#20sillycatstevenPosted 1/9/2013 1:00:50 AM
Detha posted...
Antis are people who are disappointed, probably won't be buying the game, and enjoy their time on the board making Taneem and pro jokes, whilst spreading the word about "the cause."

but we are not Nephilims (i think), even though people claim they exist now....
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.