What's an anti?

#21Giratinalga(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:53:19 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
Damien94 posted...
Giratinalga posted...

I have a vivid imagination. Anyways, wow, I really didn't think it'd go this far. This game doesn't even look bad, it's already miles above DmC2. It might not measure up to 1 or 3, but it's honestly unfair to try to compare it to them.

After this post, it's starting to seem that this was a hidden troll attempt.

It's completely fair to compare one game in the the DMC series to another. Though the fundamental issue is that antis are against the reboot and radical changes. It doesn't matter if gameplay is worse, just as good or even better than previous titles... the disappointment will always be there.

but still, if DmC did live up to all the hype, there will be a lot less antis around. at least i know i wouldn't be against DmC if it is everything they promised it to be.

It really wasn't.

And I suppose you're right. It just feels like another game like DMC 3 isn't gonna happen for a while.
---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun
#22SilentS89Posted 1/9/2013 3:57:22 AM
What is an anti? A miserable little pile of secrets!
#23musicmoviegamerPosted 1/9/2013 7:47:00 AM
Damien94 posted...
sillycatsteven posted...

but still, if DmC did live up to all the hype, there will be a lot less antis around. at least i know i wouldn't be against DmC if it is everything they promised it to be.

Not really. Like I said, even if DmC is good, it's not going to change the fact we're against the direction they took the game. An anti isn't going to stop being an anti just because they enjoy something that is completely different.

Cool opinion, bro. I like how you're so convinced anti's are such black on white stereotypes. If the game made improvements, we actually WOULD mention them, like the sparring mode it has. I think that's a really nice addition that any DMC could use.
---
"No one offered you any tips. What, the Third Post? Oh please, that isn't even English." -- buchit666
#24musicmoviegamerPosted 1/9/2013 7:49:54 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
A good chunk of the hate comes from the fact that it's DmC and not DMC. You can't really deny that. Even if the game was on par with DMC3/4 in terms of combat and design, people would still be dissatisfied with it because of the supposed "bastardization" of the characters and story and the PR from both Capcom and Ninja Theory.

They'd be satisfied if they could at least rival the system as opposed to crapping all over it right now (and rightfully so).
---
"No one offered you any tips. What, the Third Post? Oh please, that isn't even English." -- buchit666
#25FNP88Posted 1/9/2013 7:56:37 AM
SilentS89 posted...
What is an anti? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Enough talk! Have at you!
#26BigMan313Posted 1/9/2013 7:59:25 AM
musicmoviegamer posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...
A good chunk of the hate comes from the fact that it's DmC and not DMC. You can't really deny that. Even if the game was on par with DMC3/4 in terms of combat and design, people would still be dissatisfied with it because of the supposed "bastardization" of the characters and story and the PR from both Capcom and Ninja Theory.

They'd be satisfied if they could at least rival the system as opposed to crapping all over it right now (and rightfully so).

As one of the so called "anti's" I agree with this. The new game does some things that I like but on a gameplay level I don't like the game at all. Its that simple as that.
---
I don't know much about DC other than Flash could solo the Marvelverse and that Batman could make god stop believing in himself. - Rauzaraku
#27StrelokPosted 1/9/2013 11:31:18 AM
I would have no problem with the game at all were it to be its own ip with no DMC allusions whatsoever (And please, names can be changed and bonds can be switched. From what we see so far VINO and DINO being "longlost brothers" has no impact whatsoever)
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg