So game informer give it a 9/10 and..

#21Lozh900(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:21:43 AM(edited)
Kyrylo posted...
Lozh900 posted...

Hmm, well they way I look at it is ill reserve my opinion on it until I've played more than just the demo. Which tbh, I liked the gameplay but I wasn't over keen on the way Dante's personality was expressed nor the story change in regards to Sparta but we'll see exactly how that pans out I suppose.

What totally ruined it for me was the boss amount and that they all have only scripted patterns. I loved how bosses adjust in higher difficulties in DMC1 or 3. Sadly it's not the case with dmc. Difficulty was my only complain aside from story in demo. IT doesn't felt like DMC but was good H&S. Sadly dumb AI ruined the feeling. And as I expected we won't be able to play SoS from start.

Well, I've only played that one boss in the demo and it did seem a little too easy and predictable. I did however enjoy the overall gameplay. It's the story, what little I was told in the demo, that I wasn't too happy with.

I can handle the change in dante's appearance and his personality to some extent.
Just not over keen on the dramatic change in story, it's not like they create a story from scratch that still fits into the original story laid out by cap on but from what I've heard in the demo they have changed even the background story entirely.
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth / Steam : Jenova19848 / WiiU ID : ???
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ram / Gtx 560 / 1tb hdd / win 7 home 64bit
#22KyryloPosted 1/9/2013 5:29:35 AM
Lozh900 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Lozh900 posted...

Hmm, well they way I look at it is ill reserve my opinion on it until I've played more than just the demo. Which tbh, I liked the gameplay but I wasn't over keen on the way Dante's personality was expressed nor the story change in regards to Sparta but we'll see exactly how that pans out I suppose.

What totally ruined it for me was the boss amount and that they all have only scripted patterns. I loved how bosses adjust in higher difficulties in DMC1 or 3. Sadly it's not the case with dmc. Difficulty was my only complain aside from story in demo. IT doesn't felt like DMC but was good H&S. Sadly dumb AI ruined the feeling. And as I expected we won't be able to play SoS from start.

Well, I've only played that one boss in the demo and it did seem a little too easy and predictable. I did however enjoy the overall gameplay. It's the story, what little I was told in the demo, that I wasn't too happy with.

I can handle the change in dante's appearance and his personality to some extent.
Just not over keen on the dramatic change in story, it's not like they create a story from scratch that still fits into the original story laid out by cap on but from what I've heard in the demo they have changed even the background story entirely.

It is reboot so of course story is different. I don't like it either.
As far as I know there are only 6 bosses in whole game and only one worth fighting (last one) We actually saw all of them as of now aside from second to last. Bosses were always my feasts in DMC so this kinda drags it down. Communication of attacks what annoyed me the most in normal enemies. You know, I don'T really understand why they have made it.
#23gokuKOGPosted 1/9/2013 5:36:02 AM
No one cares about scores. They are all paid and everyone knows it whichever the game it might be.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#24ZhaneBXPosted 1/9/2013 6:40:23 AM(edited)
Videogame journalism these days is a total joke. There's stuff sponsored by publishers, there are embargos to not publish reviews under a certain score before release, etc...

Bayonetta is one of my favorite games ever. Famitsu gave it a 40/40... do you think I take this score serious ?

If a game is fun to you enjoy it. But don't force others (or even yourself) to like it.
#25goldwPosted 1/9/2013 7:44:06 AM
All reviews are unnecessary, unneeded, and are not and should not be important for a fan or someone wanting to make judgement on a game. Unfortunately, we hold so much stock in numbers handed out, that we allow ourselves to get in pointless debates about reviews scores, without realizing that to the market value, they mean very little. Heavenly Sword reviewed well, and the game did not sell well. Beyond Good and Evil won several Game of the Year awards, yet it was a fiscal flop (Why? T_T)

Reviews mean very little, and we need to stop paying attention to them.
---
The Elbow of Peace shall cast judgement on the guilty
#26abnergoinbigPosted 1/9/2013 7:53:15 AM
Im glad they got a good score. Usually game informer is spot on with games I purchased. I have no doubt this game is good.
#27DevilTears604Posted 1/9/2013 7:58:55 AM
The only annoying thing about the review argument is that if the game had gotten bad scores, then a lot of people on here who say reviews are paid for and game journalism is biased would be going, "See? I told you! These guys know what they're talking about!"
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#28Nisa20Posted 1/9/2013 7:59:10 AM
goldw posted...
All reviews are unnecessary, unneeded, and are not and should not be important for a fan or someone wanting to make judgement on a game. Unfortunately, we hold so much stock in numbers handed out, that we allow ourselves to get in pointless debates about reviews scores, without realizing that to the market value, they mean very little. Heavenly Sword reviewed well, and the game did not sell well. Beyond Good and Evil won several Game of the Year awards, yet it was a fiscal flop (Why? T_T)

Reviews mean very little, and we need to stop paying attention to them.

Sometimes they're good to look into after you've played a demo. Or are curious and would like to learn more about a game. I think it's okay to do the homework least you end up with eye candy and bad game mechanics. (Xblades anyone ?)
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#29antoinejonesPosted 1/9/2013 8:05:37 AM
Lozh900 posted...
All people are saying is they've been paid off or they were scared of losing cap com support so gave it such a high score.

Seriously, maybe the game is just good? Maybe your opinion isn't always right? Maybe a redesigned Dante doesn't break the game for everyone.

Really it is pathetic. People want it to be bad so much that even with a good review there has to be an underlying reason fur the review and the game is still bad.

Pathetic.

I'm in no way saying that one review is all that counts but I'm just pointing out the pathetic attitude people have these days.

It's time to grow up and at least admit your opinion of something is not all that matters. Time to admit your opinion isn't everyone else opinion.

Maybe the is good and you can't handle the fact something you hate might actually be better than you expected.

Anyway, sure this is troll bait but anyone who says they've been paid off or are scared are just using unknowns as facts.

or maybe the game ISNT good but there are some ppl ou there who think otherwise? I mean a review is an opinion not a fact.... Ive seen plenty of games get 5/10 or below.. which would mean theyre "bad" games.. yet I played them myself and actually had fun (tron evolution)

so point being even if the game WAS bad just because GI gave it a high score doesnt mean they were paid off.. it just means THEY actually liked it.. just like i liked tron evolution.. despite it getting bad reviews (id never give the games an 8/10 or higher but its worthy of more than a 5)
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#30DevilTears604Posted 1/9/2013 8:11:59 AM
antoinejones posted...
Lozh900 posted...
All people are saying is they've been paid off or they were scared of losing cap com support so gave it such a high score.

Seriously, maybe the game is just good? Maybe your opinion isn't always right? Maybe a redesigned Dante doesn't break the game for everyone.

Really it is pathetic. People want it to be bad so much that even with a good review there has to be an underlying reason fur the review and the game is still bad.

Pathetic.

I'm in no way saying that one review is all that counts but I'm just pointing out the pathetic attitude people have these days.

It's time to grow up and at least admit your opinion of something is not all that matters. Time to admit your opinion isn't everyone else opinion.

Maybe the is good and you can't handle the fact something you hate might actually be better than you expected.

Anyway, sure this is troll bait but anyone who says they've been paid off or are scared are just using unknowns as facts.

or maybe the game ISNT good but there are some ppl ou there who think otherwise? I mean a review is an opinion not a fact.... Ive seen plenty of games get 5/10 or below.. which would mean theyre "bad" games.. yet I played them myself and actually had fun (tron evolution)

so point being even if the game WAS bad just because GI gave it a high score doesnt mean they were paid off.. it just means THEY actually liked it.. just like i liked tron evolution.. despite it getting bad reviews (id never give the games an 8/10 or higher but its worthy of more than a 5)

Yep. As the GI guys themselves say over and over...a review is one person's personal experience with a game. Their review is not law, it is not legally binding, and take it with a grain of salt. They say that their job with reviews is to give you a broad overview of a game and allow you to see at a glimpse if it is something you would be interested in.

Hell they even crush each other over review scores. Tim Turi gave RE6 an 8.75, but he got an earful from the rest of the office about it.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V