Those who predicted DMC5.

#111lokithefoolPosted 1/9/2013 1:26:54 PM
strikefreedom47 posted...
It seems like Capcom has adopted the logic of EA.

Actually EA has shown signs of being less like a holes just like Activision. Capcom on the other hand has just been going further, and further down hill. Yet surprisingly they still released dragons dogma which is an awesome game.
#112AiddonPosted 1/9/2013 1:29:37 PM
lokithefool posted...

Actually EA has shown signs of being less like a holes just like Activision. Capcom on the other hand has just been going further, and further down hill. Yet surprisingly they still released dragons dogma which is an awesome game.

CAPCOM does have good designers and producers there, but their management is just plain CLOWN SHOES. I still think the big thing was that they let Inafune's "let's target the West and Japan sucks" mentality get to them and that was BIG mistake.
#113fioriPosted 1/9/2013 1:30:02 PM
Aiddon posted...
fiori posted...

DMC 3 Dante during last scene: Now I can start my business

DMC 2 Dante during last moments before facing Argosax: My job is hunting devils.

DMC Dante has a shop called Devil May Cry, people call him to deal with demons.

DMC 4 Dante still has a shop and he still hunts demons.

How isn't it a job? It is, my friend. It was just personal in DMC 1 because of Mundus and how Trish did look like Dante's mother.

Hell, even I could call Dante to help me to deal with some "devil" insects here at my house. That would give another DMC game. Between DMC 3 and DMC 1, Dante probably fought tons of demons and had tons of job calls. That would give us at least 30 DMC games or 3000 DMC games, if each message sent to Dante, is a minor problem like a small demon under a child's bed...

It could be like Supernatural series. Replace Sam and Dean and put Dante and Trish instead. Each episode could be a different DMC game..See?

No sequel was needed, Dante will always be there, doing what he does best. Only DMC 3 was needed and it was called 3, because they made that shi---y sequel called DMC 2. Nothing more, nothing less. DMC 4 should have been called Nero's Adventures instead.

Plenty of places to go...

Again, you miss the point. He CLAIMS to be in it for money, but he knows money is nowhere near as important as other things. It's called having morals and a heart.

You're the one who missed the point. Even if it's not about the money, it's still a job.

It's a job hunting demons, that's what Dante likes to do, just like Sam and Dean have a job in Supernatural, a supernatural job that hardly is paid, but it's still a job regardless. XD
#114strikefreedom47Posted 1/9/2013 1:33:08 PM
Aiddon posted...
lokithefool posted...

CAPCOM does have good designers and producers there, but their management is just plain CLOWN SHOES. I still think the big thing was that they let Inafune's "let's target the West and Japan sucks" mentality get to them and that was BIG mistake.

For some reason Capcom's logic is always "western" focus to the point where they will abandon the titles that really helped them reach where they are today. Also they seem to love to alienate their fanbase. Then there's the whole paid on disk DLC fiasco, or pushing out unfinished games.
#115Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:33:55 PM
Aiddon posted...
lokithefool posted...

Inafune: "let's target west, japan sucks".....looks at result.....lefts Capcom to make Anime looking game about cyber ninja battling zombies with another studio.
#116AiddonPosted 1/9/2013 1:41:40 PM(edited)

For some reason Capcom's logic is always "western" focus to the point where they will abandon the titles that really helped them reach where they are today. Also they seem to love to alienate their fanbase. Then there's the whole paid on disk DLC fiasco, or pushing out unfinished games.

Not...really. The problem the games "that helped them reach where they are"...hadn't really been relevant in awhile. People cry about Mega Man, but his games hadn't had a million seller in a DECADE and there weren't a lot of people that acknowledged its existence, thinking of it as another over-the-hill franchise like Sonic the Hedgehog. Breath of Fire was the same way and Onimusha just kinda fizzled out. It's actually the fault of current industry climate as costs have become SO high that they need to find every way possible to break even or risk heavy losses. They also want to hit as big an audience as possible because what company DOESN'T want to hit the sales numbers of CoD? Thing is, Inafune shoving misguided Western sensibilities down the designers' throats was miscalculation when in fact they should have looked towards a company like, say, Nintendo that doesn't hit just one demographic with their titles.

Kyrylo posted...

Inafune: "let's target west, japan sucks".....looks at result.....lefts Capcom to make Anime looking game about cyber ninja battling zombies with another studio.

Never said he wasn't a hypocrite. Plus it doesn't help that he's also a fraud who's never designed or directed a game in his life.
#117strikefreedom47Posted 1/9/2013 1:40:23 PM
I think Inafune effectively screwed Capcom and most of it's IP
#118Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:54:28 PM
I think Inafune effectively screwed Capcom and most of it's IP

I would rather say Itsuno picked his place at it.
#119darkslayer001Posted 1/9/2013 2:04:12 PM
Kyrylo posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Forget about it. IT is official:
http://www.oxm.co.uk/49052/capcom-will-collaborate-with-dmc-studio-ninja-theory-again-there-are-high-standards-on-both-sides/

this actually confirms nothing.. all i see/read in that article is DmC PR marketing
all they are saying is that they enjoyed each other's company and would like to collaborate again. Has no indication of DmC2 and DMC5. unless everyone here thinks collaborate again = DmC2

I actually didn't even think of that. That means........DMC Dante might return! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! What I am doing standing here?! *goes to sharpen and polish Dante's sword, Force Edge*

C'mon you believe it?

Kyrylo just dont jump the gun, i know capcom's logic is messed up but for the better of community it is better to w8 till the whole DmC fiasco has died down and to w8 for capcom to make an official statement or something...
#120Nisa20Posted 1/9/2013 2:06:49 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Forget about it. IT is official:
http://www.oxm.co.uk/49052/capcom-will-collaborate-with-dmc-studio-ninja-theory-again-there-are-high-standards-on-both-sides/

this actually confirms nothing.. all i see/read in that article is DmC PR marketing
all they are saying is that they enjoyed each other's company and would like to collaborate again. Has no indication of DmC2 and DMC5. unless everyone here thinks collaborate again = DmC2

I actually didn't even think of that. That means........DMC Dante might return! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! What I am doing standing here?! *goes to sharpen and polish Dante's sword, Force Edge*

C'mon you believe it?

Kyrylo just dont jump the gun, i know capcom's logic is messed up but for the better of community it is better to w8 till the whole DmC fiasco has died down and to w8 for capcom to make an official statement or something...

Seconding this. This topic is flame war material it's just way to soon for all this nail biting.
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear