Those who predicted DMC5.

#131AiddonPosted 1/9/2013 1:44:33 PM(edited)
JPshake posted...

Yeah you beat me too it, he is actually the mind behind that game. Aiddon to say he's a fraud is kind of ignorant, the guy has enough talent to warrant him as designer and concept creator of one of the most anticipated vita games of 2013.

Uh, no it isn't. Ya wanna know how many games he's credited as designing or directing BEFORE he left Capcom: 0. No, seriously, you can look it up online, the closest he's ever come to designing a game is a story credit for Lost Planet and "game concept" for the Misadventures of Tron Bonne. In all his other credits are either as a producer or as an artist. He's never actually created anything in his life and has coasted off of a rep he never actually made. He doesn't have actual talent, he just got lucky. If that's not the definition of fraud I don't know what is.
#132Capitan_KidPosted 1/9/2013 1:44:34 PM
Kyrylo posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Also even if a DmC2 is made, that doesn't mean that the DMC verse is done for. They co-exist like earth 616 spiderman and ultimate spiderman. There's room for both.

I doubt it. I doubt they gonna throw away money on DMC5, when they get enough from dmc.

Look at how many Megaman series there are or the Street Fighter series, or Bionic Commando series, Resident Evil series. All of these have seperate continuities. Megaman Legends, EX, X, Starforce. The jamaican dude and blond haired dude. Street Fighter Alpha and EX. Code veronica, Raccoon City. The THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE mentality is silly. Having two different DMCs is pretty cool to me.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#133JPshakePosted 1/9/2013 1:46:14 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...

Not quite sure if you know this, but Soul Reaver was not the end. Nor was Soul Reaver 2. Defiance, however, appears to be the end of it unfortunately.

Well yeah of course I know soul reaver did not end with the first game, i meant the series as a whole. And yes the ending to Defiance was rage inducing and had me in many manly tears for many days ;(
---
To the people who want to see a sequel to Dark Cloud 2, Dark Cloud 3. Join the official FB page and lets try to send some petitions!!
#134JPshakePosted 1/9/2013 1:53:18 PM
Aiddon posted...
JPshake posted...

Yeah you beat me too it, he is actually the mind behind that game. Aiddon to say he's a fraud is kind of ignorant, the guy has enough talent to warrant him as designer and concept creator of one of the most anticipated vita games of 2013.

Uh, no it isn't. Ya wanna know how many games he's credited as designing or directing BEFORE he left Capcom: 0. No, seriously, you can look it up online, the closest he's ever come to designing a game is a story credit for Lost Planet and "game concept" for the Misadventures of Tron Bonne. In all his other credits are either as a producer or as an artist. He's never actually created anything in his life and has coasted off of a rep he never actually made. He doesn't have actual talent, he just got lucky. If that's not the definition of fraud I don't know what is.

Wait your referring to his career before he left capcom? He's referred to as co-designer of megaman so its not like he's never done anything in his career. Also i could care less of his career before he left capcom, i was adressing the fact that you said he's a "fraud" thats never done anything in his career which is obviously false. And again hes concept/art designer of Soul Sacrifice, which is going to be awesome btw.
---
To the people who want to see a sequel to Dark Cloud 2, Dark Cloud 3. Join the official FB page and lets try to send some petitions!!
#135Malus_X6Posted 1/9/2013 1:56:50 PM
Kyrylo posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Also even if a DmC2 is made, that doesn't mean that the DMC verse is done for. They co-exist like earth 616 spiderman and ultimate spiderman. There's room for both.

I doubt it. I doubt they gonna throw away money on DMC5, when they get enough from dmc.

Look at how many Megaman series there are or the Street Fighter series, or Bionic Commando series, Resident Evil series. All of these have seperate continuities. Megaman Legends, EX, X, Starforce. The jamaican dude and blond haired dude. Street Fighter Alpha and EX. Code veronica, Raccoon City. The THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE mentality is silly. Having two different DMCs is pretty cool to me.

I see a couple flaws in your argument. May I?

All the games you mentioned never tried to reboot their respective series, but only add to them. Sure the Alpha series of SF comes after the first game but before SF II, but never changed anything really. Code Veronica and Raccoon City? Those are placed within the existing series and don't change a thing.

Ah, but I'm not leaving out Megaman. Each series, to the best of my knowledge, take place sequentially. Not exactly a new continuity, per se, just farther ahead of the timeline.

The problem many have with the notion of two DMC games is that they both exist and nobody has come right out and said where/when DmC takes place. Is it a prequel to DMC 3? Is it a reboot in general? Is is an alternate reality/parallel dimension? Nope, no clue. One guy told me they did, but with all the conflicting info from Capcom these days, it's hard to believe much at this point.

Okay, I didn't mention Bionic Commando. I'll admit, I don't know anything about it, so yeah.

Point is, someone is banking a lot on this game. A LOT. Is this just a bad idea that'll go nowhere or does it mean that this is the way things are going to be from now on? Who knows? I don't, and I'm a Chronarch.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#136AiddonPosted 1/9/2013 2:02:18 PM(edited)
JPshake posted...

Wait your referring to his career before he left capcom? He's referred to as co-designer of megaman so its not like he's never done anything in his career. Also i could care less of his career before he left capcom, i was adressing the fact that you said he's a "fraud" thats never done anything in his career which is obviously false. And again hes concept/art designer of Soul Sacrifice, which is going to be awesome btw.

He wasn't a co-creator for Mega Man. He came in halfway through production as an artist. That's it. The REAL creators would be Tokuro Fujiwara and Akira Kitamura who did the gameplay design and direction. Inafune was just there so his reputation was basically not based on any skills he had. This isn't like Sakaguchi who actual WAS a designer and director in the FF series or Miyamoto who created Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, etc. Inafune was just lucky, he's not some folk hero or great artist, which is why I'm not interested in his games.
#137DarkRay117Posted 1/9/2013 2:01:14 PM
I kinda wanted the continuation of Nero's story, but whatever, DmC will be great, I look forward to the rebooted storyline and future titles.
#138DuuuDe14Posted 1/9/2013 2:06:36 PM
This topic pretty much puts a spotlight on the real trolls on this board. I was wrong about you Fiori. I apologize for my beliefs about you.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#139JPshakePosted 1/9/2013 2:15:40 PM
Aiddon posted...
JPshake posted...

He wasn't a co-creator for Mega Man. He came in halfway through production as an artist. That's it. The REAL creators would be Tokuro Fujiwara and Akira Kitamura who did the gameplay design and direction. Inafune was just there so his reputation was basically not based on any skills he had. This isn't like Sakaguchi who actual WAS a designer and director in the FF series or Miyamoto who created Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, etc. Inafune was just lucky, he's not some folk hero or great artist, which is why I'm not interested in his games.

I'm well aware of Akira Kitamura and Tokuro Fujiwara being the originators of megaman but to say Inafune had no influence on mega man...just no dude.
I'll leave this here:

Inafune also revealed that he wasn't responsible for the creation of Mega Man himself. "I'm often called the father of Mega Man, but actually, his design was already created when I joined Capcom," he explained. "My mentor [at Capcom], who was the designer of the original Mega Man, had a basic concept of what Mega Man was supposed to look like. So I only did half of the job in creating him.I didn't get to completely design a Mega Man [protagonist] from scratch until Zero (Mega Man X, SNES). Back when the SNES was coming out, I was asked to give Mega Man a redesign, so I created this character. But I realized that this design wouldn't be accepted as Mega Man, so I had another designer create the new Mega Man, and I worked on Zero to release him as the 'other main character' that would steal all the good scenes!"

http://www.gamespot.com/news/tgs-07-mega-man-celebrates-20th-anniversary-6179759

Like I said took part in the co-designing of megaman, he still played his part and had some form of influence.
---
#140Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:21:52 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
This topic pretty much puts a spotlight on the real trolls on this board. I was wrong about you Fiori. I apologize for my beliefs about you.

I agree. Actually I knew about Fiori. He's cool. But I was very wrong about m1008ts or how he calls himself. He's about as much *********** as Darkjaydragon