Those who predicted DMC5.

#151DJ_0000Posted 1/9/2013 5:32:50 PM
Kyrylo posted...

let be fair: dmc changes formula of DMC but doesn't add nothing genre breaking. So basically it just H&S nothing more. And Like many of us think DMC can be continued farther. As for dmc. well actually I don't care. There is no appealing characters in it, so for me it's pretty much no matter if they live, die or do anything at all.

For me the main things NT have brought to the table are the environments and story. The environments are a lot more interesting than what the previous games offered and while the story isn't going to be as ground breaking as Tameem hyped it up to be, it's fresh perspective. The old story didn't really have anywhere to go and the characters had no where to go either. While gameplay is most important the fact that the lore hit a wall like that makes it harder for them to get another game out.

I think the idea is to basically get a whole new perspective on it and develop it from the ground up again. Sometimes it's better to shed the old and move in new directions, unfortunately that might mean losing some of the old fans but it's clear they didn't want to just let it keep on getting more stale.
#152bigdom93Posted 1/9/2013 7:02:17 PM
feelings for the situation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_Ca45JRFs

to capcom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5tZMDBXTRQ
#153HappyUnicorn101Posted 1/9/2013 7:09:33 PM
Ha ha ha! Good job antis on your "boycotting". You sure showed them! LMAO!!
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames
#154HellsControllerPosted 1/9/2013 7:11:42 PM
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
Ha ha ha! Good job antis on your "boycotting". You sure showed them! LMAO!!

You're acting like the sales figures for an unreleased game have already come out.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#155HappyUnicorn101Posted 1/9/2013 7:15:52 PM
So are all the antis acting as if the game will bomb and they know that for sure. Don't be a hypocrite.

"if they can do it, then i can too." - Vergil
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames
#156smithkakarotPosted 1/9/2013 7:17:17 PM
Hey, did anyone else hear anything? No? Eh, must've been the wind.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#157wwinterj25Posted 1/9/2013 7:22:29 PM
smithkakarot posted...
Hey, did anyone else hear anything? No? Eh, must've been the wind.

That was me sorry about that. *blushed*
I was reading this topic and then my ass needed to speak.
I respect it's opinion on this topic.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#158Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:12:55 AM
DJ_0000 posted...
Kyrylo posted...

let be fair: dmc changes formula of DMC but doesn't add nothing genre breaking. So basically it just H&S nothing more. And Like many of us think DMC can be continued farther. As for dmc. well actually I don't care. There is no appealing characters in it, so for me it's pretty much no matter if they live, die or do anything at all.

For me the main things NT have brought to the table are the environments and story. The environments are a lot more interesting than what the previous games offered and while the story isn't going to be as ground breaking as Tameem hyped it up to be, it's fresh perspective. The old story didn't really have anywhere to go and the characters had no where to go either. While gameplay is most important the fact that the lore hit a wall like that makes it harder for them to get another game out.

I think the idea is to basically get a whole new perspective on it and develop it from the ground up again. Sometimes it's better to shed the old and move in new directions, unfortunately that might mean losing some of the old fans but it's clear they didn't want to just let it keep on getting more stale.

Sorry, I agree on environment, but story...meh. Even those critics who gave it 9.0 stated it's nothing special and some even disliked it. For me dmc story lack substance and oriented more at younger crowd. I feel myself to old for such kind of things. What NT failed to do for me is to make interesting characters. I'm not interested in any of the characters they created and for me (it's only my opinion) new Dante lacks originality, spank and personality of original one.
#159Pesmerga255Posted 1/10/2013 12:13:48 AM
Well, Capcom are dead to me. They're never getting another penny of mine.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#160KaijinSurohmPosted 1/10/2013 12:17:21 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Well, Capcom are dead to me. They're never getting another penny of mine.

Just watch, DmC will bomb, f***ing hard, and then Capcom will make up some stupid excuse as to how NT screwed this all up, shifting ALL the blame on them, and cut ties.
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*