Possible spoilers about the 2 last bosses and their fights...

#1fioriPosted 1/9/2013 5:34:05 PM
Hey guys, here is the description that I read from someone ( won't be saying how and who, sorry). Don't kill me, please! XD

19. Face of the demon

Attacks:

Smash-
A simple fist smash that can (and should) be Demon Evaded: a target mark on the ground shows exactly where he’ll hit. Mundus’s hand remains on the ground and there is a Angel Lift point on after this attack, so pull yourself in and wail for it.

Triple Smash-
Three fist attacks in quick succession. There’s no opportunity to attack during that move, so use Angel Evade to stay safe.

Twin Smash-
Mundus brings both his fists down at once, sending out a ripple of energy along the ground. Get clear and get in the air, then pick which fist to attack and Angel Lift over to it

Shockwave-
If Mundus raises his fist but there’s no mark on the ground, this is what he’s going for – he’ll bring his hand down at one end of the platform and send a shockwave all along it. Jump it and use Angel Lift to sneak in a bit of damage.

Lava Breath-
Mundus spews lava that covers the entire area. As with the Succubus’s acid, use the Angel Lift points at either side of the battlefield to relocate to some place less dangerous

Fireball –
His arm turns into a cannon and Mundus fires a fast-moving projectile – parry it back at him for decent damage or just get clear of it

Strategy-
Mundus isn’t really hard – the main difficulty comes from the sheer amount of damage he does if he manages to hit you (two-thirds of a life bar per Smash on DMD…ouch). Demon Evade his fists pounds then rush back in to exploit the damage boost. The main thing is just to avoid being hit, since the basic strategy is incredibly simple. Once you ‘kill’ one of his hands, you’ll be able to use Demon Pull on his eye to yank out both Vergil and Mundus’s core. He’ll continue to fight with one arm, thought his attack pattern doesn’t noticeably change – keep it up until both arms are gone.

Then, despite a total lack of arms, he’ll carry on attacking but he’s reduced to just two moves – triple version of the Fireball he used to fling at you back when he had arms (sniff) and the old Lava Breath nonsense. Don’t bother trying to parry…just evade them and wait for him to bring that ugly mug down to roar at you. Angel Pull into his mouth and really go to town – it should only take two or tree combos to put him down for good.
#2fiori(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:36:07 PM
20. The End

Attacks:
Summon Sword -
Vergil’s main attack at range. He conjures up a spirit katana and quickly flings it at you. Can be parried to open up a combo opportunity, easily avoided or even hit or shot until they dissipate. As the fight goes on, he is able to create more at once, making him a dangerous line of defence that should be removed as soon as possible – Prop is great for this.

Rush-
After sheathing his blades and adopting a giveaway stance, he rushes forward leaving a trail of swirling blades in his wake. Dodge to either side and you should get clear, but mind the aftermath.

Helm Splitter -
Teleporting into the air, Vergil comes down hard with his version of Dante’s air attack. Evade just after you see him reappear, or leave it late and Demon Evade if you’re planning on following up with a counter-attack.

Dive kick –
A third aerial option that only seems to come into play later in the fight –evade (or parry, if you’re up to it) and counter quickly, if you can.

Throwdown -
Sometimes after teleporting up, Vergil will throw a blade down instead of smashing to the ground himself. Be ready for either when he leaves the ground.

Quickly Blades –
Vergil backs off and spins projectiles at ground level out at a rapid rate (which gets quicker as the fight goes on). Jump rather than evading as they keep coming, though he’s vulnerable while lobbing the annoying things.

Drive-
Later in the fight, Vergil will charge his blade before alternating area blasts in front of im and teleports four or five times. Angel Evade until it’s over – you won’t get a decent hit in during this and trying will just get you killed.

Strategy -
Vergil is incredibly defensive, making it tough to get a hit in – it’s like fighting a beeed-up Dreamrunner, effectively. Hit his guard too many times and he’ll parry and counter/teleport, so your best bet is to either open him up by parrying his projectiles or to chase him after his own Rush attack or Helm Splitter and exploit the momentary opening.

As the fight continues, each cutscene triggers a new danger for Vergil to abuse. The first ups the number of summoned blades he can have active. The second unlocks his ground projectile move. The third speeds up his projectiles and gives him the dive kick. The fourth lets him chain teleport moves together and give him his Drive, while the final one triggers his doppelganger. Now you get to fight two of him at once!

Single out one at a time (beating up the copy will give you loads of Devil Trigger, so that’s the recommend option) and whittle them down until eventually, the real Vergil will drop. You only need fight the copy until you have enough meter to activate Devil Trigger, at which point you can activate it and attack Vergil to finish both him and the game.
#3fiori(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:37:10 PM
That's it, guys. The info isn't posted by me, so any grammar mistake is from the person or the place who has such info. XD

Thoughts?
#4AlexxShadenk777Posted 1/9/2013 5:38:08 PM
Uh huh.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
#5LancerLigarPosted 1/9/2013 5:38:47 PM
fiori posted...
That's it, guys. The info isn't posted by me, so any grammar mistake is from the person or the place who has such info. XD

Thoughts?

don't worry fiori in two days ill be able to find out if you're just skirting around the fact that you now own the strategy guide or not (AKA my guide comes on the 11th
---
Gamertag: Lunar Legend PSN: LunarLegendX
#6fiori(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:40:48 PM
LancerLigar posted...
fiori posted...

Thoughts?

don't worry fiori in two days ill be able to find out if you're just skirting around the fact that you now own the strategy guide or not (AKA my guide comes on the 11th

Well, don't worry. I don't own the strategy guide, I'm being honest.

I would like to see you posting here, right after you have your guide, so that you may confirm all that info. XD
#7antking61Posted 1/9/2013 5:41:27 PM
DIVE KICK!!!
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#8LancerLigarPosted 1/9/2013 5:43:38 PM
fiori posted...
LancerLigar posted...
fiori posted...

Thoughts?

I would like to see you posting here, right after you have your guide, so that you may confirm all that info. XD

well i would like to post whatever none spoiler i can. ill be handling that guide like fcking uranium so as to not spoil myself. heck ill do a video if you want me to. albeit my only source of video is a shty built in camera on a half broken toshiba
---
Gamertag: Lunar Legend PSN: LunarLegendX
#9fiori(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:45:29 PM
LancerLigar posted...
fiori posted...
LancerLigar posted...
fiori posted...

Thoughts?

well i would like to post whatever none spoiler i can. ill be handling that guide like fcking uranium so as to not spoil myself. heck ill do a video if you want me to. albeit my only source of video is a shty built in camera on a half broken toshiba

Fair enough, I'll have the game in less than 1 week. XD
#10Tales_of_MasterPosted 1/9/2013 7:33:11 PM
Although this game is a definite purchase for me once it hits 20$-25$, the Vergil fight description got me really interested. I have the feeling that it's gonna be a great boss fight. Until the game gets a price cut, I guess I'm gonna play DMC3 to get my dose of badass Vergil fights.
---
Official Masakado of the SMT IV board
Waiting for: MGSR, DS: Soul Hackers, JJBA All-Star Battle, Tales of Hearts R, SMTIV, Ace Attorney 5.