Anti's you wanna know why Pros like this game? and vice versa

#1Xtreme65Posted 1/10/2013 12:26:01 AM
I know each thread has been nothing but a giant flame war so I am here to clarify.

First why Pros love it:

First some Pros may like this because it is more casual friendly. This more applys to newcomers than old DMC fans but certain DMC fans can appreciate the easier air combo system for example.

Secondly, some appreciate the story. I for one like it, I always liked supernatural consipracies and such. Others feel the same way. Sure it's different from older DMC's but that doesn't make it bad.

Thirdly, the core DMC gameplay is there. In some ways it is an upgrade from DMC3. Now we get to have ALL our weapons on us instead of just 2 ranged and 2 melee. We also have various moves from the style system incorporated into Dante's moveset, almost eliminating the need for styles. We can air combo like swordmaster, we have increased mobility with teleporting and air dashing like trickster, we can charge guns and even have special gun moves available like gunslinger, and the parry system is reminiscent of royal guard.

Lastly the environments are pretty dang cool, whether for platforming or for just having a cool background for its own sake, having a morphing city is pretty damn cool.

Why Anti's hate will be next.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#2megamaticsPosted 1/10/2013 12:28:17 AM
...Kay...I think the game sucks because I think it does yo.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#3KyryloPosted 1/10/2013 12:28:35 AM
We've been talking about why we hate it for 2 years. I think for that time you may already got the picture.
#4robot777Posted 1/10/2013 12:30:27 AM
Don't let the Antis win this war.

- The Order.
---
PSN: Jordan_Sifu SSFIVAE (Makoto, Evil Ryu)
www.youtube.com/mr6ixty4our My SSFIVAE Channel.
#5Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:38:00 AM
First, unnecessary reboot. The story of the old DMC's wasnt finished. Sure it wasn't the high point, but Dante was one of gaming's most beloved characters, we wanted to see how it ended for him.

Secondly, speaking of beloved characters, this Dante doesn't even look like Dante, in fact he looks like Tameem, and his new attitude is unbecoming of what the character was known for. Old Dante was suave, cool, cheesy and had a much better class to him. This new Dante seems to be the tries to hard and is very......dirty. Some may like the new character but old fans are angry that we will never see the character we loved so much again.

Thirdly, the themes this game explores just make it feel like a different game. Sure demons are involved but.....I dunno it just doesn't feel the same. Somebody else can probably describe it better.

Fourthly, its geared to casual gamers. Sure I pointed this out why pros may love it but its also a reason why antis hate it all the same. DMC has always been a game for hardcore gamers. Vets used to tell stories on how they passed the dreaded Dante Must Die difficulty. When DMC1 was released on PS2 it was largely considered to be the most difficult game on PS2. Now we have a less hardcore experience and that doesn't sit right with most fans.

Lastly yes we don't like the hair. (I consider myself pro and I don't like the hair)

Discuss? or add more if you like.
---
#6KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/10/2013 12:40:03 AM
I'll add something.

"slower combat, less moves, and 30fps".

Those are some reasons I don't like it.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#7Pesmerga255Posted 1/10/2013 12:40:46 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I'll add something.

"slower combat, less moves, and 30fps".

Those are some reasons I don't like it.

Don't forget the horrible music and the childish attempt at social commentary.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#8Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:42:18 AM
I don't know I just felt that the last couple of threads I've read of been filled with unnecessary statements, name calling, arguing, insults blah blah I could go on. Both sides are guilty. I just felt if I pointed out both sides we can actually discuss it like adults. (no offense to the younger ones on these boards.)
---
#9Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:43:12 AM
Ah yes forgot about the crappier graphics.
---
#10m100t1sPosted 1/10/2013 12:43:49 AM
robot777 posted...
Don't let the Antis win this war.

- The Order.

The pros,Capcom and Ninja Theory won this war.

There will be no more original DMC games, Capcom will release more DmC games and they're happy that they're working with Ninja Theory.

And after all the positive reviews that came out, More people will start liking DmC.