I'm sick, and the only cure is DmC...

#11QCTeamkillPosted 1/10/2013 8:54:54 AM
KOFXIII posted...
I like collecting games as much as the next guy, but i still didn't buy Ninja Gaiden 3.

You're clearly sick.

I bought it for XBOX and PS3, it was a special sale 40$ each. I played a lot online.
#12KOFXIIIPosted 1/10/2013 8:59:00 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
KOFXIII posted...
I like collecting games as much as the next guy, but i still didn't buy Ninja Gaiden 3.

You're clearly sick.

I bought it for XBOX and PS3, it was a special sale 40$ each. I played a lot online.

Is it as bad as everyone says?
#13QCTeamkillPosted 1/10/2013 9:15:42 AM
KOFXIII posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
KOFXIII posted...

You're clearly sick.

Is it as bad as everyone says?

Not as bad.

It still plays as a NG, mostly defensive stance, divide and conquer, then use one specific combo for each enemy type. Enemies get very grab-happy once you start chaining in later difficulties so you have to be extra careful, or like I did just don't do chain kills.

The update for claws and scythe helped the game a lot:
- The alchemists enemy types, require a stupidly unreliable combo with the katana, while the claws strong attack stun them and grants a free launch attack for Izuna.
- The gorilla enemies become trivial with the scythe.

The master ninja difficulty is dumbed down, compared to NGB or NG2, NGS2, they added the ulitmate ninja difficulty as DLC, I didn't finish it, too much lag.

The story is just generic, you won't learn anything new about Ryu (a bit like DMC4 I guess).

The online mode is (was, nobody there anymore) fun, but not much depth to it. The online co-op is heaps of fun. I still join random games at times, and just help around some to pass the master difficulties. Ultimate missions is where it gets very tough.

So all in all it's the weakest of the NG yet, but sure provides the genuine frustrating nintendo hard rage NG fans enjoy so much.
#14LordKaizerPosted 1/10/2013 10:26:01 AM
jmedno5891 posted...
I have this problem....I'm a collector of games, be it good games or bad games. I own all the FF games, all the dynasty warrior games, all the COD games, etc. etc. Now I can't own all the DMC games 1-4 and then just not buy this one...even though i'm very unhappy with the direction the game is going, i just can't stop myself. Does that make me a sick bastard?

wait a second..... here's my shotgun. now *points my shotgun on you* don't buy this game or else?
#15Dark GunnerPosted 1/10/2013 10:36:14 AM
Think of it this way, this is a new series of DMC games right? Therefore it's NOT connected to the games in your collection. It's about as seperate as say....... god of war. You don't go out and buy GoW4 to complete your DMC collection so don't do the same with DmC
---
PSN: FinalOcean
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls, BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Noel)
#16BrocknothPosted 1/10/2013 10:37:20 AM
No, no, no you got it all wrong it's "I'm sick and only cure is more dead angels!"
---
"Best be sayin' yer prayers... Not that it'll do ya any good!!
Heh-heh-heh...ah hahahaha HAHAHAH"
#17RatedRrangerPosted 1/10/2013 10:39:18 AM
jmedno5891 posted...
I have this problem....I'm a collector of games, be it good games or bad games. I own all the FF games, all the dynasty warrior games, all the COD games, etc. etc. Now I can't own all the DMC games 1-4 and then just not buy this one...even though i'm very unhappy with the direction the game is going, i just can't stop myself. Does that make me a sick bastard?

You always just wait for the game to get cheap if you really want to add it to your collection. Or maybe even get it pre owned.