Are DmC and Ninja Theory Fans Disappointed and Silent After the Leaked Ending?

#1AsimLeonheartPosted 1/11/2013 5:57:43 AM
I do not see all the DmC and Ninja Theory supporters and advocates on this board after that leaked ending. Were there dreams of a superior narrative crushed? Have they realized their folly of expecting this game to be good? Any explanation for their absence?
#2DanteAwakeninPosted 1/11/2013 5:59:05 AM
I'm not sure about that, But I think they're avoiding spoilers.
---
This parteyh is gettin curazzeyh!!
#3FoxtrotDelta88Posted 1/11/2013 6:03:06 AM
Can't speak for every pro, but i left the board just to get away from all the nonsense and finish up The Walking Dead game
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#4akira_hisyamPosted 1/11/2013 6:06:12 AM
im dissappointed,in the end i cant see how this DmC related with the title ''devil may cry''
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
---Psn: Akira_Hisyam---
#5BaulModeusPosted 1/11/2013 6:06:45 AM
Avoiding the 80 ending spoiler threads.
---
PSN: Bonkerz4569
#6HellFire-BahamuPosted 1/11/2013 6:07:31 AM
I'm not disappointed, but a lot of pros left cause of spoilers.
---
"I like the way you die, boy" -Django
#7abnergoinbigPosted 1/11/2013 6:08:13 AM
Oh no a leaked ending is bad. There has been a lot of good games with bad endings bud.
#8AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 6:17:01 AM
Yeah, they are probably avoiding the spoilers. However, the game is being unanimously panned for its ending. For me story is a major driver and motivator for playing a game for the first time. The second time I play for the gameplay and exploration. Story is very important for me and a disappointing story or ending often pushes me away from the game.
#9darkdragon_9600Posted 1/11/2013 6:20:55 AM(edited)
Oh no a leaked ending is bad. There has been a lot of good games with bad endings bud.

But none of them were hyped because of the writing or had fanboys shutting down complaints with "It was cheesy, so it was terrible. This one is going to be maaaaaaaagnificent".

Not to mention, the first half of the game is full of bad writing, and if the ending is bad too, it's safe to assume that the second half isn't all that great.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#10FareweLLibraPosted 1/11/2013 6:21:23 AM
Eh, I've been poking around for the past few months and I'm still here. I'm "pro", I guess you could say, but I can see some of the points of the antis. I'm not blind to faults, but I'm not furiously going to rage against something.

The ending was weak, plain and simple. I'm sure some people like that type of ending, but I hate the "sudden denouement," that's become the norm. I spend x number of hours playing your game, and you give me 10 seconds worth of an ending? That's garbage.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Final Fantasy, 5-minute FMV endings. Even if the story wasn't the strongest (here's looking at you, FFVII, XII and XIII) at least they spent the time wrapping things up at the end.

I'm not running off to cancel my pre-order, but yeah, the ending = disappointing, at least in my eyes.