Pics of costumes (spoilers?)

#51WingedRegentPosted 1/11/2013 11:31:48 AM
smithkakarot posted...
How much you wanna bet NT didn't WANT to put in a DMC3 costume, but Capcom made them do it anyway?

Allegedly it was the opposite. NT originally wanted Dante to look like Old Dante, but Capcom encouraged them to differentiate him.

I keep hearing the same, yeah. This was probably NT's original route with Dante if we're to believe that. As mentioned, if they had used THAT Dante appearance from the get-go, some of the hate would've been avoided.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#52smithkakarotPosted 1/11/2013 11:33:34 AM
Eh, I more mean after they decided on DINO's current design. It's like, "Old Dante's not cool anymore, so why should we use his design?"
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#53KaijinSurohmPosted 1/11/2013 11:36:54 AM(edited)
I showed my co-worker the 4 pics.

His replay: "G**, g**, g**, and g**"
Me: "Well, appearently the people online arn't the too terribly offended by the DMC3 looking one"
Him: "Yeah? And it's still a D***** Bag wearing it"
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#54DuuuDe14Posted 1/11/2013 11:37:53 AM
Dont care regardless.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#55WingedRegentPosted 1/11/2013 11:38:02 AM
Eh, I more mean after they decided on DINO's current design. It's like, "Old Dante's not cool anymore, so why should we use his design?"

IDK...I don't think Capcom would tell them to add the old Dante as an alternate if they themselves had encouraged NT to NOT use Old Dante. I'm partially of the belief that NT just decided, "Well...we have this concept for Dante that looks like DMC 3 Dante...Why not throw it in so it doesn't go to waste?", but it could also be the route you mentioned. To me, it doesn't seem as likely, though, if they encouraged them NOT to use it.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#56Kira0987Posted 1/11/2013 11:40:05 AM
WingedRegent posted...
smithkakarot posted...
How much you wanna bet NT didn't WANT to put in a DMC3 costume, but Capcom made them do it anyway?

Allegedly it was the opposite. NT originally wanted Dante to look like Old Dante, but Capcom encouraged them to differentiate him.

I keep hearing the same, yeah. This was probably NT's original route with Dante if we're to believe that. As mentioned, if they had used THAT Dante appearance from the get-go, some of the hate would've been avoided.

I seriously doubt they tried to make him look like the original Dante, I think they are just saying that to save face. Tameem has made fun of the old Dante too many times to make me believe that's what he wanted initially. They have proven to be a bunch of liars already when it comes to this game.
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard
#57Psychochild27Posted 1/11/2013 11:40:27 AM
Atrabilious posted...
The classic DMC throw-back looks pretty good actually. If they had gone with that design from the get-go they would have circumvented the whole appearance anger-explosion way back when the game was announced.

I dunno, Smoker DMC3 Dante running around putting cigarettes out in monsters' eye and dishing out some rather uninspired gunplay like he does in the trailer probably wouldn't instill much more confidence.
#58WingedRegentPosted 1/11/2013 11:45:07 AM(edited)
WingedRegent posted...
smithkakarot posted...

I seriously doubt they tried to make him look like the original Dante, I think they are just saying that to save face. Tameem has made fun of the old Dante too many times to make me believe that's what he wanted initially. They have proven to be a bunch of liars already when it comes to this game.

Hence the "allegedly" + "if we're to believe that". IIRC, it wasn't Tameem who said that they had tried to use the Old Dante, but the Capcom VP anyway, so yeah.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/10/20/capcom-dante-needed-to-be-completely-different

If you wanna blame anyone for how Dante looks now, you unfortunately have to blame Keiji Inafune and Hideaki Itsuno. <_< If anything, Tameem insulting "Old Dante" could've been his way to try and convince others (and himself) that their New Dante was better anyway.
---
#59KaijinSurohmPosted 1/11/2013 11:57:03 AM(edited)
WingedRegent posted...

If you wanna blame anyone for how Dante looks now, you unfortunately have to blame Keiji Inafune and Hideaki Itsuno. <_< If anything, Tameem insulting "Old Dante" could've been his way to try and convince others (and himself) that their New Dante was better anyway.

If someone took something that I loved, and put my soul into, and said "It's not good enough, re-do it" and gave to someone with a fraction of the work history, I'd tell them to use a different character, and stay the hell away form my character as much as possible, too.

Edit: It's almost like they wanted this game to fail, lol.
---
*"My views and opinions will be dramatically different from yours. Deal or go away"*
#60largerockPosted 1/11/2013 11:58:38 AM
*Pukes to death*

The only one remotely, slightly average is the DMC3 one.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.