DmC's lackluster ending got me thinking... *spoilers*

#1pyro_buntaPosted 1/11/2013 10:32:17 AM
Leak #1's Dino Vergil maybe, and Leak #2's Donte is a clone of true Dante, may be true. It's just that NT cut-off all that because it was leaked and widely known. Explains the abrupt ending cut-off to:

Donte: I don't know who am I anymore (a clone from leak #2)

Kat: You are not demons etc.. etc... You are Dante...
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#2Pesmerga255Posted 1/11/2013 10:33:23 AM
I wish the V-Rex ending was true. It might have been worth a purchase at 5 then.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3m100t1sPosted 1/11/2013 10:41:34 AM
Anyone remembers the 2010 trailer?

Mundus: "What is your name?"
Clone Dante: ....
Mundus: "What is your name?"
Clone Dante: "My name is Dontay"

Maybe in THAT version he was a clone of the real Dante, And Mundus was training him and making him live a lie and that his name is Dante, He didn't even spell it right back then.
#4pyro_bunta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 10:55:05 AM
The point here is that it feels like the ending was altered at the last minute, and THAT's supposed to be the real ending. Just based on the line where Donte questions what/who he is. He already knew he was a Nephilim, but in the ending he questioned who he is.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#5Pesmerga255Posted 1/11/2013 10:56:00 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
The point here is that it feels like the ending was altered at the last minute, and THAT's supposed to be the real ending. Just based on the line where Donte questions what/who he is. He already knew he was a Nephilim, but in the ending he questioned who he is.

I thought he was Donte the demon killer.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#6pyro_bunta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 11:09:16 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...

I thought he was Donte the demon killer.

The leaked ending version had Mundus reveal that he was a clone near the end of the game. Which explains why he starts questioning who he is on the ending.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#7FireMage7777Posted 1/11/2013 11:34:42 AM
The game has been finished for months...so no
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#8NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/11/2013 11:38:53 AM
But if DmC Dante is a clone of DMC Dante, how come he looks nothing like DMC Dante? A clone is to supposed to look identical or near-identical to the real thing. And doesn't that mean that DmC Vergil is also a clone of DMC Vergil? Remember in Tomb Raider: Underworld, when Lara encountered a doppleganger of herself and it looked nearly identical to her?
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#9Kira0987Posted 1/11/2013 11:42:32 AM
Nah. I seriously doubt these developers would put any extra effort or time into it to try to appease the fans.
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard
#10caffiend7Posted 1/11/2013 11:50:24 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
But if DmC Dante is a clone of DMC Dante, how come he looks nothing like DMC Dante? A clone is to supposed to look identical or near-identical to the real thing. And doesn't that mean that DmC Vergil is also a clone of DMC Vergil? Remember in Tomb Raider: Underworld, when Lara encountered a doppleganger of herself and it looked nearly identical to her?

You know what? I'm gonna give you +5 respect since I thought I was the only one to play Tomb Raider: Underworld
---
"Man its like MGR:R is that hot girl you want to talk to at the party but can't.. and DmC is that drunk girl that won't leave you alone"-Dominus_1