Did Dante use to live in a big fancy mansion in the original series too?

#1smithkakarotPosted 1/11/2013 11:41:19 AM
I recall seeing concept art of Eva and Sparda (who looked like an old man here, which is kinda icky when comparing him to the young and beautiful Eva) and the two twins...and their home looked like a mansion.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#2SparNar607Posted 1/11/2013 11:44:47 AM
smithkakarot posted...
I recall seeing concept art of Eva and Sparda (who looked like an old man here, which is kinda icky when comparing him to the young and beautiful Eva) and the two twins...and their home looked like a mansion.

The back story of the original DMC is vague at best so we don't honestly know.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#3SuperheroicsPosted 1/11/2013 11:48:13 AM
Judging by Vergil's stylish outfit in DMC3, I'd say yes.
---
http://www.thedailyprophet.net
#4SparNar607Posted 1/11/2013 11:49:51 AM
Superheroics posted...

But then what about Dante's Visual Kei/rocker kinda look? For all that was elaborated on, Vergil and Sparda could have been dandy.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#5DaAzureGrimoirePosted 1/11/2013 11:50:46 AM
Superheroics posted...

Why would the outfit Vergil wears as an adult imply where he lived as a young child when he hasn't lived in his childhood home since he was like 7?

Anyways, some of the concept art for Sparda and Eva from the original series shows them in a rather elegant setting, so I'd imagine they lived in a mansion.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#6smithkakarot(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 11:51:16 AM
Superheroics posted...

So...from a big fancy mansion, to a wooden office, not even a house...sucks to be Dante.
---
#7KyryloPosted 1/11/2013 11:53:48 AM
smithkakarot posted...

It was probably home of Sparda before he left this world. I doubt Eva continued to live in there.
#8smithkakarot(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 11:55:39 AM
Kyrylo posted...
smithkakarot posted...

It was probably home of Sparda before he left this world. I doubt Eva continued to live in there.

You don't think Sparda really looked 4 times Eva's age in the games' canon though?
---