Are we supposed to find this cool?(,spoilers and disturbing imagery)

#171RyuuHou25Posted 1/12/2013 9:50:15 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Just throwing this out there, but this lady (and baby) tried to kill his brother several hours prior. He doesn't care how she feels, but it shows that Vergil can be ruthless

i'm aware of that, but this doesn't stop me from being disturbed by that scene. i can understand ruthless, but i can not understand the need for unnecessary sadistic and disturbing scenes....

You....need to get out more. Seriously. You need to watch more horror/supernatural based movies or play more games if you really find it that sadistic and disturbing.

I mean, he's murdering the demon/woman/whatever the hell she is. Killing. No more life. And yet you're finding the moral issue in HOW that's been done, as opposed to the actual act of murder itself......in a video game.

Go watch Law Abiding Citizen. Let me know how sadistic and disturbing you find that movie.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#172AiddonPosted 1/12/2013 9:53:07 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...

You....need to get out more. Seriously. You need to watch more horror/supernatural based movies or play more games if you really find it that sadistic and disturbing.

I mean, he's murdering the demon/woman/whatever the hell she is. Killing. No more life. And yet you're finding the moral issue in HOW that's been done, as opposed to the actual act of murder itself......in a video game.

Go watch Law Abiding Citizen. Let me know how sadistic and disturbing you find that movie.

Law-Abiding Citizen was also a godawful, mean-spirited movie. At least use a GOOD example like Se7en or even Django Unchained.
#173DrunkBeardGuyPosted 1/12/2013 9:55:02 AM
I can't believe this topic is full of people whining about demon killing. Actually, yes I can. Because that's all you people do, and you've run out of **** to say so you make stuff up to complain about now.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SrPYm.png http://i.imgur.com/sx14k.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0llSw.jpg http://i.imgur.com/4yavH.gif
#174darkdragon_9600Posted 1/12/2013 9:55:10 AM
Eh, I just think that if a simple gunshot will kill them, Vergil could just have killed Lilith and that also kills the baby. That was just meh.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#175masterman97Posted 1/12/2013 9:58:11 AM
john_freeman69 posted...
VERGIL: We make quite the team.
DANTE: Iím stronger.
VERGIL: Iím smarter.
DANTE: Iím better-looking.
VERGIL: Iíve got a bigger d***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKzean6v_kY

Did a 16 year old write this game?

Alright..yeah..that kinda draws the line for me. The dialogue is so beyond lame that it's laughable. I was trying to compare the dialogue of this with something just as bad but I can't think of anything. I really can't. Who the hell thought these kinds of exchanges were good? It's 2013 for goodness sake, these types of things shouldn't even exist anymore even to sub-freshman in high school. Gotdamn.
---
Giga Drill Breaker
#176RyuuHou25Posted 1/12/2013 10:00:56 AM
Aiddon posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Law-Abiding Citizen was also a godawful, mean-spirited movie. At least use a GOOD example like Se7en or even Django Unchained.

That was kind of the point >.< LAC is a fairly sadistic movie (at least when he gets revenge on the guys, after that it's fairly tame IMO) which majorly questions morals and what not when doing stuff like that.

Point though, was that these types of games/movies, you know they're like that going into it. Or you need to avoid them altogether. Hell, I could recommend some movies that would really scar some people with the crap that's done in them.
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#177AiddonPosted 1/12/2013 10:03:43 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...

That was kind of the point >.< LAC is a fairly sadistic movie (at least when he gets revenge on the guys, after that it's fairly tame IMO) which majorly questions morals and what not when doing stuff like that.

Point though, was that these types of games/movies, you know they're like that going into it. Or you need to avoid them altogether. Hell, I could recommend some movies that would really scar some people with the crap that's done in them.

.....Kid, I've friggin watched the Vengeance Trilogy and I read Blade of the Immortal and Berserk. Difference? Those works had brutality and violence that served a purpose in the larger scheme of things. This and that stupid Gerard Butler movie are just for shock value. It's not trying to be disturbing, it's trying to be "cool"
#178RyuuHou25Posted 1/12/2013 10:09:57 AM
Aiddon posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

.....Kid, I've friggin watched the Vengeance Trilogy and I read Blade of the Immortal and Berserk. Difference? Those works had brutality and violence that served a purpose in the larger scheme of things. This and that stupid Gerard Butler movie are just for shock value. It's not trying to be disturbing, it's trying to be "cool"

Which, as I said, you know they're like that going into it >.< So complaining about them doing things for "shock" value versus actual storyline and serving a purpose just shows that said people are incapable of differentiating, and should be avoiding stuff like this entirely anyways, or suck it the hell up.

Also, really? You're going to claim Berserk had brutality and violence that served a purpose? You say so.....I suppose Battle Royales served a purpose as well? *laughs*
---
#179ultimaweapon79Posted 1/12/2013 10:31:30 AM
This scene wasn't offensive at all you should watch the last episode of spartacus season 1 with crixus killing his own unborn baby with a sword, its far more offensive in that respect, but again i dont find it offensive.
---
PSN/GT: ultimaweapon79
I play one handed but not by choice
#180darkdragon_9600Posted 1/12/2013 10:31:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4iFeNq8ClI

Okay guys, Chapter 19, notice how the street Mundus falls before transforming is the same one from the end of 15.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?