Are we supposed to find this cool?(,spoilers and disturbing imagery)

#181BrocknothPosted 1/12/2013 10:36:06 AM
What's so hard to understand? People are getting mad about the scene because it has pointless shock value to stir up controversy and to be "dark and edgy". It's all so deliberate it's sickening. I can just hear what Tameem was thinking when he wrote this part .

"Everything will be going fine and then BAM Vurgil will shoot Lilith in the gut and then I'll have a dramatic pause so she can figure out what happened and then I'll have Vurgil shoot her in the head and have all chaos break loose! I am a god of writing wow this is gonna be awesome!!"

Bottom line and morality aside it's just bad writing. There was no reason for Vurgil to shoot her in the stomach and then pause for effect. Should have just shot her in the head and been done with it.
---
"Foolishness Donte, foolishness! No one can have this series. It's mine. It belongs to a true son of Sparda!"
#182RichterB17Posted 1/12/2013 10:45:22 AM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4iFeNq8ClI

Okay guys, Chapter 19, notice how the street Mundus falls before transforming is the same one from the end of 15.

It looks like it is, but it's not. The street Vergil was driving on didn't have a hotel sign and a tattoo parlor, but it does look very similar.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#183darkdragon_9600Posted 1/12/2013 10:48:45 AM

Okay guys, Chapter 19, notice how the street Mundus falls before transforming is the same one from the end of 15.

It looks like it is, but it's not. The street Vergil was driving on didn't have a hotel sign and a tattoo parlor, but it does look very similar.

:c
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#184RichterB17Posted 1/12/2013 10:53:16 AM

:c

Lol The game still has a lot of other problems though. Is anyone else not that impressed by the environments? The parts that break up are okay, but it's not always like that. For the most part the levels are very long, very linear hallways with branching paths here and there for collectibles. It's pretty crappy.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#185AlexAdz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 10:54:47 AM
Brocknoth posted...
What's so hard to understand? People are getting mad about the scene because it has pointless shock value to stir up controversy and to be "dark and edgy". It's all so deliberate it's sickening. I can just hear what Tameem was thinking when he wrote this part .

"Everything will be going fine and then BAM Vurgil will shoot Lilith in the gut and then I'll have a dramatic pause so she can figure out what happened and then I'll have Vurgil shoot her in the head and have all chaos break loose! I am a god of writing wow this is gonna be awesome!!"

Bottom line and morality aside it's just bad writing. There was no reason for Vurgil to shoot her in the stomach and then pause for effect. Should have just shot her in the head and been done with it.

This!
#186Malus_X6Posted 1/12/2013 10:56:02 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
KOFXIII posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
KOFXIII posted...
No we aren't.

If it was Dante doing it, yes. But since its Vergil, it's supposed to be dickish.

Stop blindlessly attacking the game.

Blindlessly?

okay then, stop trying to point flaws that aren't there in game with many flaws already.

If someone farts on a cutscene, I can already hear people shouting SHAKESPEAREANNNNN"

At least you're willing to admit that this game has a number of flaws.

What games have NO flaws

Tetris.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#187KyryloPosted 1/12/2013 10:56:25 AM
AlexAdz posted...
Brocknoth posted...

This!
#188RichterB17Posted 1/12/2013 10:59:15 AM
Brocknoth posted...

Oh I see now. I guess I didn't really think about it like that when I first saw it.
---
#189demonfang178Posted 1/12/2013 11:17:10 AM
Yeah, I almost completely agree with Vergil on this one. I probably would have shot the DEMONIC baby first and then Lilth if only because vice versa would be more difficult. Only thing I would change is WHEN he shot her. Lilth and Kat were at about 50-50. That put Kat in way too much danger and how she didn't get loaded before Dante got to her is only answerable by incompetence. Every SWAT member should have had a designated target: one targets Kat, one targets Vergil, etc. And how they missed a stationary target (Vergil, but, to be fair, Kat was limping) is also stupid.

That aside, the pacing was far too long. The final mission's samurai staredown doesn't even rate compared to this. It's a trade. It's the name of the freaking mission. I don't need 20 thousand dramatic close-ups to know that. There also seems to be some massive frame skipping and everything is so grimdark that's ugly. Not even the "enhance the world" kind of ugly, just...ugly. The highlights of that statement are Lilth and E&I.

Blah, blah, blah. Platforming is creative, but boring. Convenient time stop is weak and nonsensical. Loading time when player first fails is ridiculuous. And enemies exist just to be there. Possibly the first DMC mission that can be cleared without felling a single enemy.
#190Dr3adn0ugh7Posted 1/12/2013 11:17:26 AM
Thunder097 posted...
kanto_wanderer posted...
AlexAdz posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgrfl02IJVA

What is wrong with ninja theory. I don't care how demonic your abbey is. You do not do that.

I don't understand what you're complaining about. I watched the whole video and all I saw was he shot a woman. Is that supposed to be a big deal?

This Vergil use ebony against Arkham before so DmC vergil can't for this 1 time?

Vergil using Ebony in DMC3 was supposed to show just how close the bond Vergil and Dante shared. They were setting aside all differences, and Vergil even broke his own code of never using guns, to eliminate a common enemy that was trying to bastardize the legacy of their father. The fact that he is using the Ebony, one of Dante's most cherished guns, was supposed to hit this fact home

In DmC Vergil uses a random assault rifle to show his mad 13337 hax skills to snipe and be uber dickface xDDDDDDDD