Are we supposed to find this cool?(,spoilers and disturbing imagery)

#191_Uwye_Posted 1/12/2013 12:27:14 PM
What a horrible mission... Constant interruptions, very little gameplay, time stops for no reason, and the cutscenes...

demonfang178 posted...
Possibly the first DMC mission that can be cleared without felling a single enemy.

Mission 6 in DMC3.
#192orpheus_telos84Posted 1/12/2013 12:44:48 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pgrfl02IJVA#t=7s

Where are the textures?

I lol'd for 16 minutes at dante's "what the ****" after virgil shot her.
---
Im an unstoppable phenom.
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::
#193TaizukuPosted 1/12/2013 12:47:09 PM
demonfang178 posted...
Yeah, I almost completely agree with Vergil on this one. I probably would have shot the DEMONIC baby first and then Lilth if only because vice versa would be more difficult. Only thing I would change is WHEN he shot her. Lilth and Kat were at about 50-50. That put Kat in way too much danger and how she didn't get loaded before Dante got to her is only answerable by incompetence. Every SWAT member should have had a designated target: one targets Kat, one targets Vergil, etc. And how they missed a stationary target (Vergil, but, to be fair, Kat was limping) is also stupid.

That aside, the pacing was far too long. The final mission's samurai staredown doesn't even rate compared to this. It's a trade. It's the name of the freaking mission. I don't need 20 thousand dramatic close-ups to know that. There also seems to be some massive frame skipping and everything is so grimdark that's ugly. Not even the "enhance the world" kind of ugly, just...ugly. The highlights of that statement are Lilth and E&I.

Blah, blah, blah. Platforming is creative, but boring. Convenient time stop is weak and nonsensical. Loading time when player first fails is ridiculuous. And enemies exist just to be there. Possibly the first DMC mission that can be cleared without felling a single enemy.

---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#194CrimzonHeadPosted 1/12/2013 12:51:09 PM
It's not that disturbing. Quit being women.
---
"I never called you a troll because that would imply you were being stupid on purpose." - Loshadt
Don't be scared homie
#195nukedduckPosted 1/12/2013 1:20:37 PM
This game looks about as good as all the others in the series. I will get it when the price drops....like all the others.
---
PSN ID: radiatedduck
the most wonderful thing about radiatedducks, is IM THE ONLY ONE!!!
#196kanto_wandererPosted 1/12/2013 1:39:51 PM
I'm amused that this is even an issue for people. Videogames are frequent to revel in the gratuitous, whether violent, sexual, or just plain absurd. What frame of reference are people using to lambaste this particular game over any other pointlessly vulgar title made within the past five years whose content nobody gave a damn about? I question how many of you actually find this game's content shocking or are just looking for an excuse to rip on DmC a little more before its release. It's even more amusing that people feel this reboot is taking this franchise too far, when everything I know about the Devil May Cry games in general (admittedly very little, because I don't care about that anime bull****) suggest that story and character arcs were usually the last things on the developers' minds.
#197darkdragon_9600Posted 1/12/2013 1:43:42 PM
I'm amused that this is even an issue for people. Videogames are frequent to revel in the gratuitous, whether violent, sexual, or just plain absurd. What frame of reference are people using to lambaste this particular game over any other pointlessly vulgar title made within the past five years whose content nobody gave a damn about? I question how many of you actually find this game's content shocking or are just looking for an excuse to rip on DmC a little more before its release. It's even more amusing that people feel this reboot is taking this franchise too far, when everything I know about the Devil May Cry games in general (admittedly very little, because I don't care about that anime bull****) suggest that story and character arcs were usually the last things on the developers' minds.

Except this game is supposed to be better in terms of story, and that was a excuse for it's gameplay. Being bad just means it's a game with weak story and gameplay. That's why we are ripping on the game.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#198RyuuHou25Posted 1/12/2013 2:32:03 PM
Brocknoth posted...
What's so hard to understand? People are getting mad about the scene because it has pointless shock value to stir up controversy and to be "dark and edgy". It's all so deliberate it's sickening. I can just hear what Tameem was thinking when he wrote this part .

"Everything will be going fine and then BAM Vurgil will shoot Lilith in the gut and then I'll have a dramatic pause so she can figure out what happened and then I'll have Vurgil shoot her in the head and have all chaos break loose! I am a god of writing wow this is gonna be awesome!!"

Bottom line and morality aside it's just bad writing. There was no reason for Vurgil to shoot her in the stomach and then pause for effect. Should have just shot her in the head and been done with it.

Newsflash - Everything in stories is deliberate >.< You think anything in any story, ever, has happened by accident? You think the writer is sitting there and all of a sudden, the ******* pen or typewriter just types whatever the hell IT wants while they sit there pissing themselves thinking it's a ghost?

The issue you people draw from this is ridiculous, you have absolute NO problem with the murdering of the woman (which, in turn, means BABY DEAD) but the WAY it was done.......you're trying to be "moral" while condoning murder in the first place. Of something that is not even human, but a demon no less. A. DEMON.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#199roadtosalvationPosted 1/12/2013 2:58:09 PM
You know, I have like no interest in this game, but this thread is interesting... man, I really have no life...
#200kanto_wandererPosted 1/12/2013 3:07:35 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...

Except this game is supposed to be better in terms of story, and that was a excuse for it's gameplay. Being bad just means it's a game with weak story and gameplay. That's why we are ripping on the game.

Who said the gameplay is bad? GameInformer just named it their game of the month. I know that's far from mattering to the "true" DMC fans out there, but I'm more inclined to trust the opinion of someone who has played and finished the game as opposed to someone who is still living in the PS2 era.