Are we supposed to find this cool?(,spoilers and disturbing imagery)

#201Pesmerga255Posted 1/12/2013 3:08:43 PM
Who said the gameplay is bad? GameInformer just named it their game of the month

lol @ using a review magazine as a measure of gameplay quality
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#202Thunder097Posted 1/12/2013 3:10:25 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Who said the gameplay is bad? GameInformer just named it their game of the month

That review magazine been use ever since the 1990s. What are you going to say when Gamespot, IGN and all other well know trusted websites give DmC a positive score?
---
Official Joel and Ellie of Playstation All Star Battle Royale Board!
Last of Us, Injustice God Among us and Storm 3 :D DmC will be beast!
#203megaultrarice34Posted 1/12/2013 3:11:23 PM
Gameinformer are a biased reviewing company towards Japanese developed games and don't even finish their reviewed games though... I don't need to even bring up the Vanquish debacle.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#204BrocknothPosted 1/12/2013 3:21:23 PM
Brocknoth posted...
What's so hard to understand? People are getting mad about the scene because it has pointless shock value to stir up controversy and to be "dark and edgy". It's all so deliberate it's sickening. I can just hear what Tameem was thinking when he wrote this part .

"Everything will be going fine and then BAM Vurgil will shoot Lilith in the gut and then I'll have a dramatic pause so she can figure out what happened and then I'll have Vurgil shoot her in the head and have all chaos break loose! I am a god of writing wow this is gonna be awesome!!"

Bottom line and morality aside it's just bad writing. There was no reason for Vurgil to shoot her in the stomach and then pause for effect. Should have just shot her in the head and been done with it.

Newsflash - Everything in stories is deliberate >.< You think anything in any story, ever, has happened by accident? You think the writer is sitting there and all of a sudden, the ******* pen or typewriter just types whatever the hell IT wants while they sit there pissing themselves thinking it's a ghost?

The issue you people draw from this is ridiculous, you have absolute NO problem with the murdering of the woman (which, in turn, means BABY DEAD) but the WAY it was done.......you're trying to be "moral" while condoning murder in the first place. Of something that is not even human, but a demon no less. A. DEMON.

No we're condoning writing something into the story for the sole reason of stirring up controversy for no reason. What I meant by deliberate is that it's painfully obvious Tameem tried WAY too hard to make this scene darker than it needed to be.
---
"Foolishness Donte, foolishness! No one can have this series. It's mine. It belongs to a true son of Sparda!"
#205Pesmerga255Posted 1/12/2013 3:22:14 PM
Thunder097 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

That review magazine been use ever since the 1990s. What are you going to say when Gamespot, IGN and all other well know trusted websites give DmC a positive score?

What are you even getting at?

Gamespot and IGN are jokes.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#206IlluminoiusPosted 1/12/2013 3:36:55 PM
megaultrarice34 posted...
I don't need to even bring up the Vanquish debacle.

what
#207megaultrarice34Posted 1/12/2013 3:44:31 PM(edited)
Illuminoius posted...
megaultrarice34 posted...
I don't need to even bring up the Vanquish debacle.

what

Basically GI published in their review that the game would take only 4 hours long to complete including cutscenes. Platinum Games and Eurogamers then debunked the claim with a livestream playthrough of the game which went well over 5 hours in addition to editting all the deaths and cutscenes.

And Vanquish is pretty hard game, so there is no way GI could breeze through it. The average playthrough of the game is around 7 hours.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#208RyuuHou25Posted 1/12/2013 3:51:41 PM
Brocknoth posted...
Brocknoth posted...
What's so hard to understand? People are getting mad about the scene because it has pointless shock value to stir up controversy and to be "dark and edgy". It's all so deliberate it's sickening. I can just hear what Tameem was thinking when he wrote this part .

"Everything will be going fine and then BAM Vurgil will shoot Lilith in the gut and then I'll have a dramatic pause so she can figure out what happened and then I'll have Vurgil shoot her in the head and have all chaos break loose! I am a god of writing wow this is gonna be awesome!!"

Bottom line and morality aside it's just bad writing. There was no reason for Vurgil to shoot her in the stomach and then pause for effect. Should have just shot her in the head and been done with it.

Newsflash - Everything in stories is deliberate >.< You think anything in any story, ever, has happened by accident? You think the writer is sitting there and all of a sudden, the ******* pen or typewriter just types whatever the hell IT wants while they sit there pissing themselves thinking it's a ghost?

The issue you people draw from this is ridiculous, you have absolute NO problem with the murdering of the woman (which, in turn, means BABY DEAD) but the WAY it was done.......you're trying to be "moral" while condoning murder in the first place. Of something that is not even human, but a demon no less. A. DEMON.

No we're condoning writing something into the story for the sole reason of stirring up controversy for no reason. What I meant by deliberate is that it's painfully obvious Tameem tried WAY too hard to make this scene darker than it needed to be.

People tend to like claiming that anything they find shocking/controversial was done "purely for that purpose"

What reason is there to stir up controversy, other than for that fact alone?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#209kanto_wandererPosted 1/12/2013 4:15:34 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

Like I already said, it's a better (not to mention more impartial) judge of quality than listening to the irate rantings of a message board forum.
#210geekneck99Posted 1/12/2013 4:20:41 PM(edited)
Pesmerga255 posted...

Like I already said, it's a better (not to mention more impartial) judge of quality than listening to the irate rantings of a message board forum.

Are you talking about the Game Informer that is owned by GameStop?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
---
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.