Are we supposed to find this cool?(,spoilers and disturbing imagery)

#221AlexAdz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 11:09:30 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Eh, this just seems like Tameem's "sadism is cool" mentality that they had to cut out of Enslaved.

It is jarring for me because its like : Are they trying to evoke sympathy for the socially relevant embodiments of evil? Or am I supposed to go all "killing fetuses is rad!" brofist.

Its hard to tell how I am supposed to feel towards this so I just feel empty instead.

It's true.
#222robot777Posted 1/12/2013 11:25:06 PM
Are you all forgetting the fact that there are TWO worlds?

Like the fight with Barbas:

In Limbo: The whole fight with Dante
In the real world: he seemed to have a heart attack and died.

In the real world, things happen as human as possible.
In Limbo, the demons show their true colors.

So, ....everyone smartened up yet?
---
PSN: Jordan_Sifu SSFIVAE (Makoto, Evil Ryu)
www.youtube.com/mr6ixty4our My SSFIVAE Channel.
#223SilentS89Posted 1/13/2013 12:14:06 AM
robot777 posted...

There is a subtle difference in presentation between an old man with a heart attack and rifle abortion.
#224NeoTStylePosted 1/13/2013 1:49:08 AM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
MLP is better written than DmC.

Just saying.

Whatever your saying you think DmC is the end? Don't bet on it.

It genuinely is though, is the sad thing.

I mean hey, it has likable characters, something DmC lacks.
#225sillycatstevenPosted 1/13/2013 2:19:30 AM
robot777 posted...

so how did Mundis managed to wreak the city after Lilith died? that was real world destruction. furthermore, i just assumed that Barbas seemed to die of heart attack because it's demon's way of hiding in plain sight. if every demon killed in Limbo died the way as shown in Limbo, people are going to notice sooner or later. Dante killed Barbas in Limbo, however in real world, Barbas died of heart attack instead of sword wounds. or are you suggesting that Dante somehow caused Barbas to have a heart attack or that Barbas has to be killed twice, once in Limbo and again in real world.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#226KyryloPosted 1/13/2013 2:21:28 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
robot777 posted...

so how did Mundis managed to wreak the city after Lilith died? that was real world destruction. furthermore, i just assumed that Barbas seemed to die of heart attack because it's demon's way of hiding in plain sight. if every demon killed in Limbo died the way as shown in Limbo, people are going to notice sooner or later. Dante killed Barbas in Limbo, however in real world, Barbas died of heart attack instead of sword wounds. or are you suggesting that Dante somehow caused Barbas to have a heart attack or that Barbas has to be killed twice, once in Limbo and again in real world.

It's just DAR consequent plot. Don'T you dare to question high and almighty TAMMY
#227AlexAdz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 9:57:41 AM
NeoTStyle posted...
darkdragon_9600 posted...
MLP is better written than DmC.

Just saying.

Whatever your saying you think DmC is the end? Don't bet on it.

It genuinely is though, is the sad thing.

I mean hey, it has likable characters, something DmC lacks.

This is the truth.
#228RyuuHou25Posted 1/13/2013 11:28:17 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
HellFire-Bahamu posted...
Just throwing this out there, but this lady (and baby) tried to kill his brother several hours prior. He doesn't care how she feels, but it shows that Vergil can be ruthless

i'm aware of that, but this doesn't stop me from being disturbed by that scene. i can understand ruthless, but i can not understand the need for unnecessary sadistic and disturbing scenes....

You....need to get out more. Seriously. You need to watch more horror/supernatural based movies or play more games if you really find it that sadistic and disturbing.

I mean, he's murdering the demon/woman/whatever the hell she is. Killing. No more life. And yet you're finding the moral issue in HOW that's been done, as opposed to the actual act of murder itself......in a video game.

Go watch Law Abiding Citizen. Let me know how sadistic and disturbing you find that movie.

the key word in my post is unnecessary.... -_-
also, please go study ethics. how we do things is often as important as the end results in terms of morality and ethics. we can experiment on animals, but we shouldn't force them to endure unnecessary pain and suffering. we can put down animals, but we shouldn't torture them before we put them down.
it's because this is in a video game and it's performed by a "good guy" who is very popular that got me worried. not everyone is smart enough to suspect there's a reason behind Vergil's action or know that it's cruel and sadistic if done in real life, even when there's a reason. some people will just think: "Vergil is so cool, did you see how he shot that F***ing demon baby while it's still in that F***ing b****!? AWESOME!!"

And when exactly are sadistic or disturbing scenes.....necessary? To say these are unnecessary, you must obviously think that means there is a necessity for them in some other way, through some other medium....otherwise, why are THESE unecessary?

I'm aware of ethics, hence my constantly saying about how you and the others are just fine with the murder and everything, as opposed to "Don't do it this way, do it that way!" And no, you cannot experiment on animals and call it ethic. Ever. Just like you can't murder someone and try and claim that's ethic.

And I'm the one that's supposed to study ethics >.<

People are idiots, I grant you, but thankfully almost all of us have more sense than that. So, again, you and the others are basically just arguing ethics....about murder. Which in and of itself, is not ethical. If you fail to see the irony and ridiculousness in that, THAT'S what worries me, far more than the people who claim will think "Dude, so cool, he shot that ***** dead and her kid!"

Because you are rational. They are not. And yet you still fail to grasp the simple concept of how stupid what you're saying is.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#229largerockPosted 1/13/2013 11:41:31 AM
Thunder097 posted...
Vergil fire Ebony, during the battle against Arkham in Devil May Cry 3. So Vergil can't used it this 1 time?

He had no choice in DMC3. In here he's willfully using a gun.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#230sillycatstevenPosted 1/13/2013 8:20:34 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
And when exactly are sadistic or disturbing scenes.....necessary? To say these are unnecessary, you must obviously think that means there is a necessity for them in some other way, through some other medium....otherwise, why are THESE unecessary?

sadistic or disturbing scenes are necessary when trying to forward the plot, theme or character development. sometimes it's used to provide background to the setting of a game/movie/book.
if you are talking about a horror film, they are also used to just gross people out.

I'm aware of ethics, hence my constantly saying about how you and the others are just fine with the murder and everything, as opposed to "Don't do it this way, do it that way!" And no, you cannot experiment on animals and call it ethic. Ever. Just like you can't murder someone and try and claim that's ethic.

And I'm the one that's supposed to study ethics >.<

People are idiots, I grant you, but thankfully almost all of us have more sense than that. So, again, you and the others are basically just arguing ethics....about murder. Which in and of itself, is not ethical. If you fail to see the irony and ridiculousness in that, THAT'S what worries me, far more than the people who claim will think "Dude, so cool, he shot that ***** dead and her kid!"

Because you are rational. They are not. And yet you still fail to grasp the simple concept of how stupid what you're saying is.

i... i... alright... you win. we shouldn't talk about the most humane way for death sentence because there's nothing humane about killing people. and research institutes shouldn't have an ethics committee overseeing whether all researches and experiments, including human and animal experiments, are conducted ethically.

i'm not going to argue with you anymore. as people have said before, this is useless. what is so difficult to understand about the idea that even if the result of an act may be unethical, people can still choose whether to conduct that act in a way that is ethical or not.

the point is, Vergil killing the hostage is necessary to forward the plot, while killing the baby then Lilith is unnecessary.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.