Are we supposed to find this cool?(,spoilers and disturbing imagery)

#231xxterradarkxxxPosted 1/13/2013 8:22:54 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Swarles posted...
Why the hell would Vergil need a silenced assault rifle? The silencer serves no purpose and he can summon a horde of swords and just throw those at the guards if he needs to.

It makes him a lot more human.

Mundus doesn't know he's nephilim. So he has to pretend to be human.
---
Psn: zslayer89
#232Run_2_the_HillsPosted 1/13/2013 8:46:19 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Eh, this just seems like Tameem's "sadism is cool" mentality that they had to cut out of Enslaved.

It is jarring for me because its like : Are they trying to evoke sympathy for the socially relevant embodiments of evil? Or am I supposed to go all "killing fetuses is rad!" brofist.

Its hard to tell how I am supposed to feel towards this so I just feel empty instead.

tameen wants you to feel that vergil's a badass, but makes him look like a douche.
#233AiddonPosted 1/13/2013 8:48:55 PM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...

tameen wants you to feel that vergil's a badass, but makes him look like a douche.

I bet if you confronted him about it he'd try to deflect it and say he was TRYING to make Vergil seem like a douche. Sure Tam Tam, whatever.
#234lunic7Posted 1/13/2013 9:59:26 PM
VERGIL HAS A DRIVER'S LICENSE ??! PogChamp
#235RyuuHou25Posted 1/14/2013 2:33:20 PM
"sadistic or disturbing scenes are necessary when trying to forward the plot, theme or character development."

"the point is, Vergil killing the hostage is necessary to forward the plot, while killing the baby then Lilith is unnecessary."

So which is it? *laughs* Because it certainly forwarded the plot, it pissed Mundus off a great deal knowing not only Lilith was dead, but her child as well. Not to mention, it did give insight into Vergils mindset and what not and was an indicator of what he would eventually do and want to accomplish.

Character Development!!

But, you know what, it's just the utter ridiculousness of you people trying to claim ethics, on a fictional DEMON character.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#236sillycatstevenPosted 1/15/2013 12:12:42 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
So which is it? *laughs* Because it certainly forwarded the plot, it pissed Mundus off a great deal knowing not only Lilith was dead, but her child as well. Not to mention, it did give insight into Vergils mindset and what not and was an indicator of what he would eventually do and want to accomplish.

Character Development!!

But, you know what, it's just the utter ridiculousness of you people trying to claim ethics, on a fictional DEMON character.

no... you know what... whatever... there's not point arguing with you about plot and character development esp in a game that doesn't have much in both....

BTW Vergil's a Nephilim... you are aware that they exist now right?!
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#237pigboyPosted 1/15/2013 4:49:51 PM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
SilentS89 posted...
Eh, this just seems like Tameem's "sadism is cool" mentality that they had to cut out of Enslaved.

It is jarring for me because its like : Are they trying to evoke sympathy for the socially relevant embodiments of evil? Or am I supposed to go all "killing fetuses is rad!" brofist.

Its hard to tell how I am supposed to feel towards this so I just feel empty instead.

Not a regular one, but a badass douche whose choice of gun is a freaking rifle with a scope when gun fighting a bunch of police in close range..........XD
#238XxIamKiraXxPosted 1/17/2013 12:32:37 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Swarles posted...
Why the hell would Vergil need a silenced assault rifle? The silencer serves no purpose and he can summon a horde of swords and just throw those at the guards if he needs to.

Not that you care, but they didn't want Mundus knowing about Vergil being nephilim.
#239pigboyPosted 1/17/2013 6:44:07 PM
XxIamKiraXx posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Swarles posted...

Not that you care, but they didn't want Mundus knowing about Vergil being nephilim.

Yes, your answer make so much sense that it is why Virgel used a silenced assault rifle in front a bunch of guards. Your answer is so Shakespearean!